Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

throw barb viability

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ToastedTacoGuy, May 17, 2005.

1. ToastedTacoGuy

ToastedTacoGuy IncGamers Member

throw barb viability

i have always been interested in throw barbs, and since i have found a demons arch i have been more tempted to make one. are these single player viable? i am not what you would call an advanced player and dont want something that is going to be super hard, although i am up for some challenge, doesnt need to be overpowered. one other thing, with the double throw and super fast attack speeds it seems as though you would have to go repair your throwing weapons after every fight because of their small stack sizes. have those of you that have made throw barbs found this to be an issue?

2. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Yes, they are quite viable. I would, however, recommend gimmershred's over demons arch, but that's just me :).

Yes it's a big issue. If you can for go the duel echoing wpns on switch, then I highly recommend having 4 wpns so that you can last a little longer before repairing.

Last thing to note, check the double throw guide (even though I think it's geared towards PvP) for some help. Also someone patted a double throw barb a couple months ago and he gave me some excellent advice for mine. I wish I could remember who it was :(, but if he looks at this thread then you are in some serious luck.

3. ToastedTacoGuy

ToastedTacoGuy IncGamers Member

good idea on the gimmershred. i have a little while before i make any more chars since i just mat'd my first char after my restart (a meteorb) and i want to spend some time mfing so that i can gear up the builds that i want to play.

4. Sleepless

Sleepless IncGamers Member

Hey. I patted a double thrower last month. They are quite viable in hell, I played all the way at p3, really fun , the ancient were a breeze with some slow gear. The constant trip to town to repair were quite annoying though. However, if your weapon has the "self replenish mod", repair shouldn't be a big deal because repair cost are always 1 no matter the nb left. Currently, I use a dual Lacerator as main weapon and dual gimmers on switch (keep echoing in cube). You could use demon arch but I think the stack size is way too low to be useful.

5. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I've seen quite a few around, so they are definately viable. I thought about trying too, but the thought of very limited ammo puts me off.

6. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Definitely viable there, patted one myself. You should definitely forgo the "standard" dual echoing weapons and go for extra throwing ones on the switch.

I didn't have dual lacerators etc so I just used rare/crafted blood axes. Since I pick up anything worth 35K to sell, I just repair my axes while I'm at the shop. I don't really notice any special trips to town unless I'm playing at players 5 or more.

For more bang per buck, get crushing blow and pierce.

7. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

As long as you can get some good weapon, thrower is very powerful build.

Three things to look for:
    1. knockback - this ability pwnz
    2. slow - simply pwnz
    3. pierce - nice to have some, but you can live without

And tell you a secret, get one of this godly glove:

Cleglaw's Pincers
    Chain Gloves
    Required Strength: 25
    Required Level: 4
    Knockback
    Slows Target by 25%

You can use it almost right after you start a new char.
    It is so godly that it is banned in PvP I heard.