Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Throw Barb and Uber

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Squaric, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Squaric

Squaric IncGamers Member

Throw Barb and Uber

Can a throw barb do ubers solo? if not any suggestion on what kinda barb could do it? thanks!

2. soul killer

soul killer Banned

There is no way a throw barb can do ubers.
    Frenzy barb is the one to uber with.

3. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I beg to differ. Please see my "Dear god, is this serious?" thread. Throwbarbs have thoroughly impressed me, and I don't doubt that they are capable of absolutely anything.

That said - they would also be difficult choices for the ubers. I can't think of any throwing weapon that naturally carries crushing blow, so you'd be focussing directly on damage. I'd go warshrikes if you could, for the huge deadly strike. Combine that with guillaime's and gore riders, and you've got 80% deadly strike and 50% crushing blow. And when you swing as fast as a doublethrow barb does, even the nerfed ranged penalty is handleable. Even using noneth warshrikes, you're still looking at at least 8k damage when landing a deadly strike. That's respectable.

Ultimately, it's possible with a throwbarb, but much, MUCH more difficult - to the point of not being worth it.

4. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

don't forget that Crushing blow damage is halved for ranged attacks, effectively doubling the difficulty.

hard, but never impossible. You'd just have to watch out for all those minions that would get in the way of your projectiles.

5. Uvatha

Uvatha IncGamers Member

And also, be prepared to howl a lot, as you cant just hork a body into a ward, as there is no bodys there... a shame!

6. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

The only thing that is restrictive for Throwers in Tristram is the fact that your weapon stack is not large enough to last throughout ;) I have done it with an Elemental Zealot Paly friend with my Thrower so it's possible, but I had to resort to Double Swing when running low..Solo..I will let ya know ;) I guess it all boils down to tactics..divide and conquer..