Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

thresh matter

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dr. Strangelove, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove IncGamers Member

thresh matter

hi guys, i'm interested in the drop-stats for my ex luv (1.09 days) thresh socket. i know this has been posted or discussed here, but not since the forum crash though. i'm beggining to date him for a while. his relevant drops so far were a Mythical Sword, Sacred Armor and Vortex Shield. in short how exactly he's been nerfed - what can i aspect from this guy. i assume it's the same with pindle, snapchip shatter and frozenstein (the ol' a5su). thnx in advance.

peace, NSK factory, and don't forget biscuits for smut

2. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Well he's level got from 93 to 84 I believe. In doing so, it limits his drops for some of high qlvl items (i.e. GF, Stormlash, Azurewrath, Tyreal's, etc, missing quite a few here). That's about it I think.

3. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

Tresh can drop GF

he can drop everything that is lvl 84 while some of the rarest items are lvl 86 (IIRC ? )

4. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Actually, he can not drop The Grandfather.

The list of level 85+ uniques that he cannot drop:

The Gladiator's Bane, Arkaine's Valor, The Cranium Basher, The Grandfather, Tomb Reaver, Azurewrath, Tyrael's Might, Mang Song's Lesson, Alma Negra, Shadowkiller, Crown of Ages, Andariel's Visage, Wolfhowl, Kira's Guardian, Stormlash, Halaberd's Reign, Arachnid Mesh, Metalgrid, Arioc's Needle, Rainbow Facet

Another thing to bear in mind is that Threshsocket was one of the two Superuniques (the other was Pindleskin) who was nerfed in 1.10 - their chance of dropping unique and set items is now lower than any other superunique in the game, at only twice the chance of dropping a unique that a normal monster has! Ouch!

5. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

On top of his lower level and sudden change of home address, he's also got a lower chance to drop Set and Unique items (just like Pindle) than other Unique monsters. Wearing lots of MF can help offset this somewhat of course. (edit: as Stormie just said :) )

6. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

Huh? Have these been bumped to a higher TC? Weren't they 78 in 1.09?

7. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Re: The Gladiator's Bane and Arkaine's Valor

Nope, looking at the old uniqueitems.txt files from ATMA, both of those have been level 85 in all of 1.07, 1.08, 1.09 and 1.10.

The base item types of them are lower level - wire fleece is in armo72 and balrog skin is in armo78 - but the unique versions are both level 85 and can only be dropped by a level 85+ monster.

8. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

They're still in TC78, only their Quality lvl as always been 85. A monster as to be that level or higher in order for them to drop it.

EDIT: Stormie got it first. :uhhuh:

9. StellarDust

StellarDust IncGamers Member

They haven't (at least I don't think), but their item levels are both 85, and a monster can only drop an unique item if its level >= the item level of that unique.

EDIT: OK, pointless for me to say this after two people have said it.
    EDIT2: I need a delete button...

10. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

Gotcha... so whereas Thresh used to be level 93 (90 + 3 SU bonus?) he is now only 84?

I was getting confused cos I knew Meph could drop those items in 1.09... ya I know now - he is (or was?) level 90 :p