-=:Three Way Dance IV Tournament:=-

SiTro

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: -=:Three Way Dance IV Tournament:=-

Team Aman (SiTro) (52pts)
Angel - (Barbarian - Combat/Warcries) - lvl 14 Act3 Nml (12pts)
Spirit - (Druid - Summon/Elemental) - lvl26 Act 3 Nml (12pts)
raises_undead - (Paladin - Combat/Off.) - lvl 29 Act 4 Nml (18pts)

First casualty. :(
Was questing through Act 4 with my paladin, who was the furthest ahead. The spawn for the area included Venom Lords, so I was being careful about their added punch in Normal. Got surrounded by a pack of them and my health plummeted as I tried to escape. Before I knew it I was looking at the Deeds screen. Hopefully my other two characters will fare better.

I do seem to be cursed though, I've never reached past Act 4 Normal with any kind of paladin...

AndiDi

Diabloii.Net Member

Team AndiDi ][ (1.11b RRM/RWM, Donater only) - 126 pts.
Destroyer Bärnd - (Druid - Shape/Summon) - lvl 57 - Act III NM - 42 pts.
Destroyer Gustaf - (Barb - Com.Skills/Warcries) - lvl 57 - Act III NM - 42 pts.
Destroyer Leonie - (Sorc - Cold/Lightning) - lvl 57 - Act III NM - 42 pts.

@SiTro: Sorry man. I lost a Paladin in my Septavirate at exactly the same spot.

So another update for Gustaf the Frency Barb. Nice going through the Act. Not much trouble. Until I hit the true Tomb. The Tomb had Unrevellers. In one room I found 4 champions plus two regular ones. Oh Joy. One of the Champions was a Ghostly. When I was hitting him without the merc's support I could damage him enough to stop him from regenerating. With the merc's help I managed to take his life away slowly. I took me around 10 minutes to clean out that room alone.
After that Duriel was a piece of cake. He dropped nothing useful.

-Andi

AndiDi

Diabloii.Net Member

Team AndiDi ][ (1.11b RRM/RWM, Donater only) - 132 pts.
Destroyer Gustaf - (Barb - Com.Skills/Warcries) - lvl 62 - Act IV NM - 48 pts.

Had a little time to play this week. The result is that Gustaf managed to kill Mephisto.
The journey through the jungle was rather uneventful: Stun and hack until dead. The fun started when I entered Kurast Bazaar. There I met Healing Priests and I met 5(!) boss packs of them. Once I found a pack of three bosses. Cross-Healing at its best. The other Kurast areas were better. The Council died and the Orb was smashed.
The first level of the Durance was ok, the second level I had to clear almost completely. On the third level I found a double boss pack of Dark Lords. It took some time to kill them. I killed Bartuc after taunting away his minions one by one. Mephisto took some time on /p8 but wasn't able to do much damage (Battle Cry is awesome). He dropped nothing useful but enough to fill up my gold reserves. I will need then to resurrect the merc in the Chaos Sanctuary.

Next up: Gustaf does Act 4 and kills Diablo (hopefully).

-Andi

AndiDi

Diabloii.Net Member

Team AndiDi ][ (1.11b RRM/RWM, Donater only) - 135 pts.
Destroyer Gustaf - (Barb - Com.Skills/Warcries) - lvl 66 - Act IV NM - 51 pts.

Gustaf made it through Act IV. No real problems there. Just the same thing (Stun and kill) all over again. But killing became slow. I have to look for new weapons for him soon. The Hellforge dropped an UM rune. So that one is waiting around in a save spot. For the Chaos Sanctuary I turned it down to /p4 and I used Bärnds Gothic Axe to do some Berzerk damage. No problems but I had to portal park the Infector and Taunt away his minions one by one to be save. Diablo was done on /p4 although. He took a little while to kill but wasn't much danger at all (Battle Cry does wonders here). He dropped a Diggler but nothing else noteworthy.

Next: Bärnd ventures into the Jungles of Kurast.

-Andi

Hoop76

Diabloii.Net Member

I am still in this, just got way behind and havent played for a while.

AndiDi

Diabloii.Net Member

Team AndiDi ][ (1.11b RRM/RWM, Donater only) - 141 pts.
Destroyer Bärnd - (Druid - Shape/Summon) - lvl 62 - Act IV NM - 48 pts.

Bärnd has made it through Act 3. On the way to Mephisto in the Durance Level 3 I found a IO rune. The jungles dropped a SOL rune. Apart from that nothing much to report.

Up next I will play Bärnd to the River of Flames WP. After that Leonie will make her run for Baal and a better weapon for Bärnd so he can take on the Chaos Sanctuary. Maybe I will make a runeword in a bow for that occasion.

-Andi

AndiDi

Diabloii.Net Member

Team AndiDi ][ (1.11b RRM/RWM, Donater only) - 144 pts.
Destroyer Bärnd - (Druid - Shape/Summon) - lvl 65 - Act IV NM - 51 pts.

In contrast to what I wrote yesterday I play the whole of Act 4 with Bärnd.
But first things first: Up until the River of Flames there were no problems at all. Izual took a while to kill but everything else was normal progress. The River had Abyss Knights. That was fun. The Hellforge gave me a PUL rune. I will hold on to it maybe I need it to upgrade a unique weapon to elite. We will have to wait and see.
The Chaos Sanctuary was done on /p1. I went slow (even slower than usual), split up packs and ran away whenever I though I might be in danger. But everything died quickly on /p1. I got cursed with Iron Maiden 3 maybe 4 times. Every time I was quick enough to stop attacking and got the curse removed on time. Diablo feel soon after the seal bosses bit the dust. He dropped a Sigon Belt and nothing else noteworthy.

Next up I have to play Leonie to catch up. She can now go all the way to the end of Act 1 Hell. So more Countess running is going to come for her.

-Andi

AndiDi

Diabloii.Net Member

Team AndiDi ][ (1.11b RRM/RWM, Donater only) - 150 pts.
Destroyer Bärnd - (Druid - Shape/Summon) - lvl 65 - Act IV NM - 51 pts.
Destroyer Leonie - (Sorc - Cold/Lightning) - lvl 62 - Act IV NM - 48 pts.

Me again...
Nothing much to report form Act 3. Frozen Orb killed them all.

-Andi

crazy_bear

Diabloii.Net Member

Team Alien (102 pts)
Ripley - (Assassin - Traps/Shadow) - lvl 52 Act II NM (36 pts)
Dallas - (Amazon - Jav&Spear/Passive) - lvl 53 Act II NM (36 pts)
Ash - (Druid - Elemental/Summon) - lvl 49 Act I NM (30 pts)

Well, I haven't been playing much recently but I did get some time in to get Rip through act I NM. She's a pretty straight forward char to play at this point so no problems to report. No exciting finds either though. I think I will have more time for these guys soon with summer coming so hopefully I will have some reports to keep you company AndIDi!

CB

edit: I did go have a quick look at BNet, so now my version is 1.12a. That may disqualify me from donating prizes due to trade restrictions. Anyone thinking about receiving items from me should know that they will be 1.12.

crazy_bear

Diabloii.Net Member

Team Alien (108 pts)
Ash - (Druid - Elemental/Summon) - lvl 52 Act II NM (36 pts)

Just a quick update, as Ash completed Act I. Andy isn't too hard on a fire druid.

CB

crazy_bear

Diabloii.Net Member

Team Alien (120 pts)
Ash - (Druid - Elemental/Summon) - lvl 52 Act III NM (48 pts)

I continued with Ash through acts II and III. He defeated Meph pretty slowly but easily with a bear and volcano. I am now wishing that I had chosen the merc Package for him. Choosing helm seemed like a good idea at the time, I was thinking runewords for pelts, but now seeing how he plays it's obvious good rares will cover that well, and having some CB and or OW on the merc would be very helpful.
I tried rerolling some charms, but no skillers, and rerolling a claw for the sassy, but nothing worth mentioning there either. Best finds were Silks of the Victor and Stealskull.
He'll have to make at least one more pass by Meph to go through the portal too.

CB

midnightvulture

Diabloii.Net Member

Team Vulture (73 pts)
Maat - (Assassin - Traps/Shadow) - lvl 41 Act V Normal (22pts)
Nekhbet - (Sorceress - Fire/Lightning) - lvl 45 Act I NM (30pts)
Neret - (Druid - Elemental/Shapeshift) - lvl 32 Act V Normal (21pts)

I've been playing on and off, and all three characters are about ready to enter NM. I'm not all that excited about the rewards I've chosen....I'm not sure why they seemed like good ideas at the time, but I think I'll find some way to make it work.

mv

Last edited:

AndiDi

Diabloii.Net Member

Team AndiDi ][ (1.11b RRM/RWM, Donater only) - 153 pts.
Destroyer Bärnd - (Druid - Shape/Summon) - lvl 65 - Act V NM - 51 pts.
Destroyer Gustaf - (Barb - Com.Skills/Warcries) - lvl 66 - Act V NM - 51 pts.
Destroyer Leonie - (Sorc - Cold/Lightning) - lvl 66 - Act V NM - 51 pts.

I didn't get a lot of playtime last week so only small progress with my fastest char. Leonie Orbed her way through Act 4. The Hellforge dropped a SOL rune. Thank you very much! In the Chaos Sanctuary I found War Traveler. That was nice. But I would have liked a better rune a little bit more. Diablo died soon after his 3 seal bosses. No scare here.

Next: Leonie goes on to Harrogath.

-Andi

AndiDi

Diabloii.Net Member

Team AndiDi ][ (1.11b RRM/RWM, Donater only) - 165 pts.
Conqueror Leonie - (Sorc - Cold/Lightning) - lvl 73 - Act I HELL - 63 pts.

Yesterday I made Conqueror with Leonie. But first something about her way towards that title: In the beginning it wasn't so bad, but when I entered the first underground area it was a little reminder what Hell is going to be like. But maybe it had to do with more monsters that had cold resistances. After rescuing Anya I made my way down Pindle's garden and down the Halls. After two tries on the last level with vipers I tried it and it wasn't so bad after all. The traitor was killed in the second arm I went in. No good drops. The Ancients were relatively easy. For the WSP I turned it down to /p4. Good thing I did. The final level had OKs and lots of them. Nice one. After that the waves were quickly dispatched. A healthy dose of Lower Resist from my wand helped a lot, even against Baal. He dropped nothing useful.
But somewhere in Act 5 I found this:
Fortuitous Amulet of Luck
Required Level: 19
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0x11f8f4d8
45% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

It is 5% off from being perfect. This went into the price stash.

After defeating Baal I went into Hell and cleaned out the Den.

-Andi

AndiDi

Diabloii.Net Member

Team AndiDi ][ (1.11b RRM/RWM, Donater only) - 170 pts.
Conqueror Leonie - (Sorc - Cold/Lightning) - lvl 76 - Act I HELL - 68 pts.

And another update:
Leonie has killed Andariel and finished Act I Hell. It was interesting and dangerous in some spots. And I met my first Lightning and Cold Immune Boss.
I ran the Countess 25 times. On the second run I found a MAL rune and on the next a ethereal Balrog Blade dropped. Combined with a few runes I had laying around I made that little weapon:
Oath
Balrog Blade
'ShaelPulMalLum'
One-Hand Damage: 96 to 490
Two-Hand Damage: 359 to 775
Required Dexterity: 77
Required Strength: 175
Required Level: 53
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 79
Fingerprint: 0x55d4115e
+10 to Energy
+338% Enhanced Damage
50% Increased Attack Speed
Prevent Monster Heal
75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
+10 Magic Absorb
Indestructible
30% Chance to cast Level 20 Bone Spirit on striking
Level 16 Heart of Wolverine (20/20 Charges)
Level 17 Iron Golem (14/14 Charges)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

I think that will do for Bärnd's end game weapon.
In the Cathedral I found a Demon Limb. And in a monumental effort to keep the balance Andariel only dropped a green Breast Plate. Nice try.

-Andi

midnightvulture

Diabloii.Net Member

Nice Oath. I've been playing these characters a bit, I guess I should post an update. Maybe tomorrow.

mv

colony

Diabloii.Net Member

Team Colony (1.12 RWM/RRM) - 186 Points
Conqueror WyviaII - (Amazon - Jav & Spear/Passives) - lvl 72 Act I Hell (62 points)
Conqueror Taelana - (Sorc - Cold/Light) - lvl 69 Act I Hell (62 points)
Conqueror Tempest - (Druid - Elemental/Summon) - lvl 72 Act I Hell (62 points)

I just managed to play D2 for longer than 10 minutes without getting bored:shocked:

The damage on all the characters is a bit low, even the zon is going to have some problems in Hell, but it shouldn't be too painful on p1, providing I pay attention. I get the feeling I'll be running or tele'ing away from a lot of monsters with all the characters though, but there's also the slight chance I might not mess it up and get some of them to Guardian.

entranced

Diabloii.Net Member

Can someone link the rules for this tourney? There's no mention at all in the OP, and a forum search turned up empty (i've yet to learn the quirks and tricks of yet another forum software's search function, namely this one).

AndiDi

Diabloii.Net Member

Can someone link the rules for this tourney? There's no mention at all in the OP, and a forum search turned up empty (i've yet to learn the quirks and tricks of yet another forum software's search function, namely this one).
Searching for three way dance and titles only. The first is this thread and the second is the rules thread.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=634741

-Andi

BartD

Diabloii.Net Member

Team BartD (1.12 RWM/RRM) - 186 points
SisterSpike - (Amazon - Javelin/Passive) - lvl 74 Conqueror (62 points)
SisterShade - (Assassin - Traps/Shadow) - lvl 74 Conqueror (62 points)
SisterSorcy - (Sorceress - Cold/Light) - lvl 74 Conqueror (62 points)

I've been away for a while but have had a bit of time to play. Nightmare at P8 has been relatively easy for all 3 characters. However, the mercs had to be resurrected quite a few times in act 5 so I may have to put some effort into finding them some better equipment before entering hell.

Lightning Fury! Death Sentry! Frozen Orb!
... SisterSorcy is working on her lightning skills but so far they only provide backup against CIs.