-=:Three Way Dance IV Tournament:=-

PSYCHO

Diabloii.Net Member
-=:Three Way Dance IV Tournament:=-

TWD IV
1.11 Vanilla

Team P§ÃÇHÕ - 18 points
Precious - (Necro - Summon/Curse) - lvl 19 Act II Nml (6 points)
Monopoly_Man - (Barb - Skills/Masteries) - lvl 18 Act II Nml (6 points)
Zappity_Doodah - (Amazon - P&M/Jav&Spear) - lvl 19 Act II Nml (6 points)

Team Slayer
Belle - (Amazon - Jav&Spear/Passive) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Bellial - (Sorc - Light/Cold) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Bella - (Assassin - Traps/Shadow) - lvl 1 Act I Nml

Team IRoK
King - (Barb - Warcries/Masteries) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Queen - (Sorc - Cold/Fire) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Jack - (Paladin - Combat/Off.) - lvl 1 Act I Nml

Team Alien (crazy_bear)
Ripley - (Assassin - Traps/Shadow) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Ash - (Amazon - Jav&Spear/Passive) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Dallas - (Druid - Elemental/Summon) - lvl 1 Act I Nml

Team Origins of Magic (Ugla)
Melian - (Amazon - Bow/P&M) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Eönwë - (Barb - Combat/Warcries) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Fëanor - (Paladin - Combat/Off.) - lvl 1 Act I Nml

Team Purple (Purplelocust)
Pennyroyal - (Amazon - Passive/Jav&Spear) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Nightshade - (Necro - Summon/Curse) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Larkspur - (Assassin - Traps/Shadow) - lvl 1 Act I Nml

1.11 RRM

Team Subheroes (Vildecor)
Miss_Bullseye - (Amazon - Bow/P&M) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Dark_Fury - (Assassin - Martial Arts/Shadow) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
The_Voice - (Barb - Combat/Warcries) - lvl 1 Act I Nml

Team Erimatbrad
Vox - (Barb - Warcries/Masteries) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Aduro - (Druid - Summon/Elemental) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Furere- (Assassin - Traps/Shadow) - lvl 1 Act I Nml

1.11 RWM/RRM

Team FlimFlan
Gaffe - (Necro - P&B/Curse) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Tio Loco - (Barb - Combat/Warcries) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Swaggart - (Paladin - Combat/Offensive) - lvl 1 Act I Nml

Team Thunderstruck (ilshad)
Spark - (Paladin - Off./Def.) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Jolt - (Assassin - Traps/Shadow) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Bolt - (Amazon - P&M/Jav&Spear) - lvl 1 Act I Nml

Team Aman (SiTro)
raises_undead - (Paladin - Combat/Off.) - lvl 1 Act1 Nml
Angel - (Barbarian - Combat/Warcries) - lvl 1 Act1 Nml
Spirit - (Druid - Summon/Elemental) - lvl 1 Act1 Nml

Team Skunk
HeavenlySkunk - (Sorc - Fire/Light) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Skunkprophet - (Paladin - Combat/Off.) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Skunkzon - (Amazon - P&M/Bow) - lvl 1 Act I Nml

Team Vulture (midnightvulture)
Nekhbet - (Sorc - Fire/Light) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Neret - (Druid - Elemental/Shape) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Maat - (Assassin - Traps/Shadow) - lvl 1 Act I Nml

1.11 RCM/RWM

Team Butz (Butzull) - 4 points
Millie - (Amazon - Passive/Jav&Spear) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Gav - (Druid - Elemental/Summon) - lvl 1 Act 1 Nml
Helene - (Sorc - Fire/Light) - lvl 16 Act I Nml (4 points)

Team AndiDi
Bärnd - (Druid - Shape/Summon) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Gustaf - (Barb - Com.Skills/Warcries) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Leonie - (Sorc - Cold/Lightning) - lvl 1 Act I Nml

Finally got it done, hehe...oh, the end of this tournament will occur on the 22nd of December, 2008. Enjoy!

erimatbrad

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: -=:Three Way Dance IV Tournament:=-

Maybe I can take a crack at fixing the board (when and if I get home from work). Since there are so few 1.11RRM only people, I think I'll just uninstall and run my team as Vanilla so I can let loose with some competition. :) Besides, I'll never see any high runes, anyway. :)

Hoop76

Diabloii.Net Member

you could just consider yourself rwm/rrm for the sake of the tourney if everyones ok with that.

Looks like i was left out? or is it because the board wasnt finished?

erimatbrad

Diabloii.Net Member

you could just consider yourself rwm/rrm for the sake of the tourney if everyones ok with that.
Eh, that's true, though I don't have access to all the new runewords so I'd rather 'compete' with those who don't too, so uninstalling RRM to fall on the vanilla side is preferable.

Then again, I could just compete against Vildecor... :scratch: Decisions, decisions.

PSYCHO

Diabloii.Net Member

erimatbrad, I've no doubt that no matter what decision you will make you'll definitely go far ;)

By the way, Butz and Andi...what in the world is RCM? I've heard of RRM and RWM, but RCM isn't one I know of. Is it another way of saying RRM (rune-change mod instead of red rune?)...I'm really confused.

Butzull

Diabloii.Net Member

RCM is Rune Colour Mod rather than RRM being Red Rune Mod.

In RRM, all runes are red, in RCM you can tailor the colour in which they drop. I have the first 10 in Red, about the next 10 in Purple and the last (whatever is left...13?) in a light orangey colour.

I think for the sake of simplicity you should just collapse us in with the RRM people, so there are fewer categories. Conceptually, RRM and RCM are the same.

Butz. :dunce:

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I think for the sake of simplicity you should just collapse us in with the RRM people, so there are fewer categories. Conceptually, RRM and RCM are the same.
Conceptually maybe. But they have a totally different trade/MP pool. As there are prizes in this tourney then I would suggest thinking carefully about doing that.

slayer37

Diabloii.Net Member

First update for Team Slayer.

Team Slayer:
Belle - (Amazon - Jav&Spear/Passive) - lvl 21 Act 2 Nml
Bellial - (Sorc - Light/Cold) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Bella - (Assassin - Traps/Shadow) - lvl 21 Act 2 Nml

Bellial next to go out the wilderness and show girl power! :girly:

I'm doing full clears, /p8 and single pass by the way. I know rerunning is allowed but I'll try my best to stick to my theme until the very end. It looks like Psycho has the lead... so much for my taunt of leaving everyone in the dust. RL got in my way during the long weekend but I'll make up for it this week. :grin:

IRoK

Diabloii.Net Member

Team IRoK
King - (Barb - Warcries/Masteries) - lvl 7 Act I Nml
Queen - (Sorc - Cold/Fire) - lvl 1 Act I Nml
Jack - (Paladin - Combat/Off.) - lvl 1 Act I Nml

Just thought I'd post a real quick update. Started off King and think I got to Stony before S&E. I was tired and didn't want to kill myself off too early.

Butzull

Diabloii.Net Member

Conceptually maybe. But they have a totally different trade/MP pool. As there are prizes in this tourney then I would suggest thinking carefully about doing that.
I suppose there is that *sigh*. Given that I'm self-found, never receive and haven't "given" any items since coming back into the game, I have never really investigated the trading divisions.

I know this isn't the place for such a debate (and will be my last such hijack...sorry P§ÃÇHÕ), but I can't for the life of me see why it would be necessary to split RRM and RCM in the trading/MP pools, as they are both just a simple colour change to the item text files. I would have thought only "no rune colour change" or "rune colour changing" would be all that matters.

But I digress. I guess I just think it's a bit of a shame that we need 4 "leaderboards" in the tournament, so it's that much more involved to get an overall picture of progress of all participants. I was just trying to reduce that by 1. ;)

I'll be quiet now. On with your business people. Nothing to see here. Move along! ;)

erimatbrad

Diabloii.Net Member

Team erimatbrad ]|[ - 16 points
Vox - (Barb - Warcries/Masteries) - lvl 15 Act I Nml - 4 points
Aduro - (Druid - Summon/Elemental) - lvl 21 Act II Nml - 12 points
Furere- (Assassin - Traps/Shadow) - lvl 1 Act I Nml - 0 points

And it's a quick start for Team erimatbrad ]|[.

I have to say? I love my fire druid. I do. The enemies are all, oh no, I'm not coming over there, let me resurrect my friends from afar, and I'm all, oh no you didn't, Fissure!

And then they're all like, ow! ow! I'm getting burned for some reason!

And then I'm like, thanks for the loot. A Gull dagger? You shouldn't have! And with a 3xTir weapon, and a Tir in the shield, that's a lot of mana back to me. Every spell, more or less, pays for itself.

Vox is slightly less interesting. Slash slash, stab stab, die die. Once he hits level 30 and gets War Cry, it'll be more fun, I think.

Last edited:

slayer37

Diabloii.Net Member

And then I'm like, thanks for the loot. A Gull dagger?
:shocked:

A Gull this early. Seems like lady luck is in your side when she should be helping team Slayer (read: all ladies team) out. Congrats on the find!

I just realized after reading erimatbrad's update that I forgot to put in team Slayer's scores so here is the latest update.

Team Slayer: (13 pts)
Belle - (Amazon - Jav&Spear/Passive) - lvl 21 Act 2 Nml (7 pts)
Bellial - (Sorc - Light/Cold) - lvl 1 Act I Nml (0 pts)
Bella - (Assassin - Traps/Shadow) - lvl 21 Act 2 Nml (6 pts)

Belle's got 7 pts because she finished off Radament before taking her beauty rest.

@ erimatbrad
I think you miscalculated Aduro's points. There is no way one char to reach 12 points unless he/she is in Act3 Nml.

Butzull

Diabloii.Net Member

@ erimatbrad
I think you miscalculated Aduro's points. There is no way one char to reach 12 points unless he/she is in Act3 Nml.
Yeah there is, Kill Duriel, talk to everyone but don't take the boat. Plus, with the rules being "do the quest and you have the points prior to the reward", it's probably enough to just kill Duriel, without even speaking to Meshif, but that's a judgement call.

By the way, I like sooooo loved the update erimatbrad, it was like, waaay cool! And I was like, that's soooooo funny. ;)

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member

Team Purple (Purplelocust) (5 points)
Pennyroyal - (Amazon - Passive/Jav&Spear) - lvl 7 Act I Nml (1 point)
Nightshade - (Necro - Summon/Curse) - lvl 11 Act I Nml (2 points)
Larkspur - (Assassin - Traps/Shadow) - lvl 7 Act I Nml (2 points)

Just starting out...

PSYCHO

Diabloii.Net Member

could you add me to the next one *cough*

Im about halfway down.http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=634741&page=4
Hooray! You're the first person in TWDIV to be officially left off the list. Don't worry mate, I always screw it up one way or another like this at the beginning of every tournament* I host. You'll be included on the next update, I promise.

*for further proof look up any of my previous tourney threads!

slayer37

Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah there is, Kill Duriel, talk to everyone but don't take the boat. Plus, with the rules being "do the quest and you have the points prior to the reward", it's probably enough to just kill Duriel, without even speaking to Meshif, but that's a judgement call.
:laugh:

Actually, you can't do that. According to the rules, your 3 chars should be 1 act, at most, ahead of one another so you should not finish act2 quests while other characters are still in the rouge encapment.

Butzull

Diabloii.Net Member

Actually, you can't do that. According to the rules, your 3 chars should be 1 act, at most, ahead of one another so you should not finish act2 quests while other characters are still in the rouge encapment.
P§ÃÇHÕ can confirm of course, but I think they just have to be within 1 act numerically, i.e, nobody can go to Act 3 until all have made it to Act 2, but combined the three can be anywhere in Acts 1 and 2 at the same time.

I don't think it is "must stay within 6 quests (or 9 waypoints) of one another", which would become complicated when working near Act IV anyway.

FlimFlan

Diabloii.Net Member

Small update as I get started:

Team - Punching Bags - 7 Pts
Gaffe- Poison & Bone/Curse - Lvl 6 Nml (1 pt)
Tio Loco - Combat/Warcries - Lvl 18 Nml (5 pts)
Swaggart - Combat/Offensive - Lvl 6 Nml (1 pt)

erimatbrad

Diabloii.Net Member

slayer37 said:
A Gull this early. Seems like lady luck is in your side when she should be helping team Slayer (read: all ladies team) out. Congrats on the find!
Sadly, however, I can't use it until I kill Baal, and then only on two of my three characters.

P§ÃÇHÕ can confirm of course, but I think they just have to be within 1 act numerically, i.e, nobody can go to Act 3 until all have made it to Act 2, but combined the three can be anywhere in Acts 1 and 2 at the same time.

I don't think it is "must stay within 6 quests (or 9 waypoints) of one another", which would become complicated when working near Act IV anyway.

The first is correct, per past TWD tournaments.

Let us take my team, for example.

Furere is standing in Act I and is the furthest behind. That means that my characters can be anywhere in Act I or Act II. Vox is still in Act I with her, despite having beaten four quests. Aduro is in Act II (one act ahead), and has completed his quests.

Now, he can't actually start on Act III* until Vox and Furere make it to at least Act 2. (What I usually do is do all two acts with two characters, then allowing me to do four acts with the third -- Finish Acts 1 and 2, more everyone to Act 3, finish Acts 3 and 4... third does Acts 3, 4, 5...)

(*Some exceptions were made last time for people who kill Mephisto only once -- 'killing' him and taking the portal to Act IV was okay, but no adventuring in Act IV until everyone was firmly planted in A3.)