Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thousands of jobs about to open

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Freemason, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Thousands of jobs about to open

That's right. Fire season is right around the corner. Come out west and help fight wildfires!

Jobs available are many:

The less physically fit, asthmatic, etc. can work as drivers - carrying people and equipment where needed. Long hours but the pay is good.

The physically fit can fight the fires themselves. Lots of hard, honest work. Cutting firelines, clearing brush, setting backfires, etc. You work 14 days on, two days off. It's going to be a long fire season and the pay is good. Lots of money to be made this year. There is an element of danger though. We lose firefighters every year.

For the lunatics, you can always jump out of perfectly good airplanes to fight fires.

2. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

Although this would be a downgrade in job danger for me (pizza delivery is number 3 dangerous), it sounds like more action.

If youre serious and know who i could talk to let me know, otherwise weewooweewoo

3. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Do delivery guys get stabbed often or something?

4. Freemason

Freemason Banned

This is a serious announcement. This fire season is going to be a bad one. Winter was two weeks long several months ago and there is very little water this year.

To get a firefighting job, contact the US Forest Service. Do it online, they'll have more information that I do.

5. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

The voice of reason...well, insanity is a kind of reason

I'm in agreement with Freemason (for once). My cousin works out in Montana and during the last fire season, she was called to make firebreaks. She said it's hard work but well worth it.

6. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

Stabbed, shot, robbed.

7. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

The worst thing is I read an article a while year or two ago that mentioned that some of these "wildfires" are started by people who want the jobs created by the fires.

8. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Wanna know why there are so many jobs available for this season in particular?

Well, since its normally the National Guard and Guard Reserves who deal with these disasters...

You get one guess.

Yup, if you blamed the war in Iraq, you'd be correct! With all our Guard and Guard Reservists over there, we don't have enough of them around to tackle the fires. In fact, if I recall correctly, several Western states' Governors are strongly petitioning to have their Guardists returned before summer hits in order to have a force to fight the fires with.

9. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

I would love to do this. I'm a big firebug, and making and breakin' them is my thang. But sadly...I live waaay over there (points to the East side of the country).