Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thoughts on Unannounced Project

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by In the name of Zod, Mar 18, 2016.

?

Is another Diablo Title in the works

1. Yes, its an expansion

2. Yes, its Diablo 4

3. No, its just part of normal job rotations at blizzard

4. Maybe, I don't know

5. See my reply

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mrpinsky

mrpinsky IncGamers Site Pal

As of early 2019, there are 25 open jobs in the "Diablo" section. Two of these are for "Diablo: Immortal", the others are listed as "Unannounced Project" or simply "Diablo" - these are presumably for Fenris (or any additional project that we don't know about yet).

An interesting one that went up recently is for "Quest Designer" on the "Unannounced Project". The text says: "Solid grasp of the styles of writing that work best for dark fantasy and gothic horror role-playing games" (my emphasis). The phrasing certainly suggests that they are going for a dark style, which matches what was said in the Kotaku article. The other point is that in this, as well as in previous job offers, they write "role-playing games". Not "action game", not "action rpg", but "role-playing games". This makes me slightly optimistic that they are backtracking on the arcade/action-focus of D3 and returning to the rpg-roots of the game. Hopefully with permanent character builds etc. (D1 essentially started out as a computer implementation of a pen&paper role playing game, it was even supposed to be turn based at first).

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 6:26 PM
  2. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

There are a lot of 'unannounced' Diablo Project job opportunites going at Blizzard right now [14th Jan 2019]. What is weird is how they give away that it is Diablo related and at the same time an 'unannounced' project. They clearly expect us to be scanning this for info as to report on what is going on a Blizzard.

3. mrpinsky

mrpinsky IncGamers Site Pal

A couple of positions have been filled, we are at 20 now (ignoring those for Diablo Immortal).

I found this interesting phrasing in a job description for a Senior UI Artist. They want someone "to create the best art possible for the front-end interface of a huge Diablo game" (my emphasis).