Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thoughts on the banana, please

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Hp_Sauce, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce Diabloii.Net Member

Thoughts on the banana, please

I've got crap to do, so I'll make this brief.

I'm seriously considering unlocking the channel.

Why?:

1) It's pretty quiet in there lately, I think a bit of new blood / free flowingness might help (provided everyone was careful, polite, etc).

2) The lockdown was always meant to be temporary... just until things died down and it has definitely died down since the ladder reset (took a LOT longer then I thought it would, I was figuring a month, tops.... 6 months later *cough*).

3) It always worked before for years and years as a public but semi-controlled thing.

4) Checking the thread for new applicants isn't really that bad. But being the guy who decides whether a post is good enough or not is wearing a bit thin...

Potential Problems:

1) It was never ever as well known before as it was during the last few months. So there might be a lot more randoms dropping by then there was in the past (used to just be this forums crew and the odd new person on this forum).

2) I don't know any of the newer folks (who incidentally know the other newer folks) well enough to give them powah. And all the others with power either don't play, or only play with their f lists for the most part. So knowing what's going on in games is difficult.

Note: Obviously folks who have already been banned will not be unbanned, and new folks could still gain themselves a ban.

Any thoughts from others?

Thanks.
    -hps

2. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Re: Thoughts on the banana, please

First off Id like to say I appreciate all the effort that went into running that banana bot . For me though , besides all the cute .yar , .beer , .rawr sayings that the thing said - it was basically useless . I go to the channel and check my /F List and then decide on what to do . I guess Iv'e only got a handful of people that I even play the game with anymore and Im not the kind to hop into the game with new banana members either . So if its a burden Id say ditch it and let the channel be open .

:scratchchin:

3. YogiRat

YogiRat Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, go ahead and open it up. If things get messed up, you can always go back.

BTW, thanks.

4. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

I'm for unlocking the channel.

I spoke with Colin last night and he said something to the tune of folks seeing our massive banana membership thread and expecting a huge community within, but it's not like that when everybody joins and sees that there's nobody there and takes off.
    I really agree with that being the case.

I remember the Banana being unlocked and not getting tppk'd. Sure, douchebags popped in from time to time, but douchebags can't hide their ugly, snotty noses for long and they got sent back to their crummy rooms soon enough.

There's nobody really in there, these days. A few regulars and the shy new person that doesn't say too much.
    I've found myself rummaging through public games for people to kill monsters with. It's not really safe, but a little gear showing gives you a good idea if someone's loaded to nuke your character or not.

Give it a try. If fit hits the shan and it's any worse than it is right now then we can always lock it down or just throw up our hands. I'm for unlocking the xbananax channel.

5. Relativity

Relativity Diabloii.Net Member

Unlock it.

And if too many problems arise, ban everyone! That will teach them! HAHAHA

6. Master Zap

Master Zap Diabloii.Net Member

.smash all

Xbananax smashes all in the face with a Brick!

I'm fine with unlocking. I do still play some pub games and other then that I am basically on the same page as Myk and Dave here.

.beer
    Xbananax: Sara goes to get another cold one.

.hax

ZOMG ! haaaxx hax!

7. WingBlade

WingBlade Diabloii.Net Member

Unlock it for the time being... as already stated - it can always be placed back into lockdown..

8. jafrick

jafrick Diabloii.Net Member

Just give me all the power.. I promise to rule with an iron fi... I mean benevolently:wink: