Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

thoughts on "rules" when someone tries to pk you <

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by warlordmkf, Jan 31, 2004.

1. warlordmkf

warlordmkf IncGamers Member

thoughts on "rules" when someone tries to pk you

i was doing an arcane run with my lvl 18 zealot in softcore. this lvl 19 melee javazon joins game and hostiles everyone. 1st person they went after was me. my gear was all twinked so i didnt get my *** kicked but i potted and the guy ran to town and proceded to insult me for potting. my question is this, if someone tries to pk you are there any "rules"?

my thoughts on this are that if someone tries to pk me, i follow no rules (i.e. anything goes, even potting). my goal is to stay alive and kill them. i explained to the guy that if he had asked me if i wanted to duel then fine, i would not have potted (i would never pot in a legit duel). but since he didnt and just hostiled everyone, pvp rules didnt apply for me. im just wanting some other opinions. i saw nothing wrong with what i did.

after he went to town and started insulting me, the party continued on with the run. he ended coming back after us (my zealot, another zealot, 2 summon necros, and a blizzard sorc) he exited the game right before he died. couldnt get past all the skeles from the necros. it was funny.

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

If someone comes into a non-dueling game and hostiles you, I say everything is fair game.

3. uberjolt

uberjolt IncGamers Member

In HC, I was under the impression that potting was OK in duels.

4. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

I agree with you. If someone tries to pok you, there are no rules. He insults you for using pots and then he leaves the game when he's low on health? lol. One time in HC, there was this lvl 32 pally that was coming to pk us, a lvl 80 came back and challenged the Pally, then the Pally left the game a while later. And yet he called us "pussys" for running away from him.

5. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Just as an afterthought, people from pubby dueling games and people that hostile you in random games are idiots, and all they do is get you riled up on their stupidity.

6. Deadbolt13

Deadbolt13 IncGamers Member

I say it's not even a regular duel; you can do whatever the heck you want. The person who's trying to pk is just being an A-hole (I'm not sure if I can use the real word on the forums hehe).

7. Ai_Guy

Ai_Guy IncGamers Member

The other day someone came into an act1 normal game when i was starting a new character and tried to pk a bunch of us. We were all around the same level,pk included (12-15 or so), i was twinked to the gills. He comes to the wp we were just at and starts after one of the dudes, so i start kickin his ***. he runs away to town, just escaping death. I tell him to come back and fight. He claims it wasn't fair because it was 2-3 on one. I laugh and call him a loser and he challenges me to a duel. I normally don't duel ever, but after our encounter i knew i had him easy. So I taunt him some more and accept. We walk out into the blood moore and i just about kill him 3-4 times, he keeps running 2-3 screens away(had more fast run than me) and when he'd just about die he'd run into town. I'd taunt him again.... he'd heal(he never really ever hurt me so i didn't) and come back out calling me names.

After that I just told him he sucked, and i wasn't gonna pay attention to him anymore because he was obviously outclassed.. i went back to the andy run and he spewed a few more insults and left. Heh, that was kinda fun.

8. Vladicus

Vladicus IncGamers Member

goddamn angry 12 year olds

9. Xecras

Xecras IncGamers Member

yeah, I get PK'ed too. Act 2 NM, we were trying to get the amulet, when this lvl 94 (Sorc) hostiles me. I didn't see him near me, so I kept walking. The bastard teleports right next to me and I'm killed in one shot. How fun.

10. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

In 1.09 I used to change character if this high level char came into bloodruns and so on. Usually they left very quickly, but sometimes they tried to fight back (I only used pure pvp builds for this purpose) and got killed instantly. And I got a lot of honorable titles like "hacker" and "noob" among other things.
    I think your arguments are fine. If someone disturbs your playing you have the right to do whatever it takes to get him/her away. I even suggest you use the old oil potion-trick (if it works in 1.10, which I doubt). PK:ers deserve an extra a** whooping if they hunt for prey in softcore. There's no point at all in that.

11. Ai_Guy

Ai_Guy IncGamers Member

I'm sorry, but I have to ask. What's the oil potion trick?

12. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

Sometimes when Im questing or whatever, I set a 10-20 level limit in the game, because most usually my character is so twinked, I kill the pk'ers myself.

13. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

I think it's been fixed now (it was listed as fixed, but you know Blizzard :) ).

PK != duel. There are no rules when you are the target of a PKer other than don't die.

If they can't handle that maybe they should go take their level 90+ characters into LLD games... :rolleyes:

14. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Well I was lvling in act2 normal with my new mf sorc, when this pally starts insulting me for no reason, telling me I suck and that I'm too low of a level and then he hostiles me. So I bringback my barb and kill him a couple of times. Then someone else in the game, who has no business in this at all, comes back with his lvl 60s (not quite sure of the number) druid, he hostiles me, I run out and kill him. He said I sucked because I used WW, I don't think there are any rules that say you can't use whirlwind. lol. And then he also used a well during the middle of the duel which I pointed out. It's just funny how sometimes people bring higher levels to fight someone else and then they get their a** kicked.

15. mantrid_drone

mantrid_drone IncGamers Member

What is the oil potion trick?

16. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

The oil potion trick:
    You make a tp and when the prey is near you throw an oil potion. If you get into the tp before the potion hits the ground the prey's computer will be totally locked and he/she is forced to restart it. The prey will "drop due to time out" after a while, but you should have the time to finish your victim off before that happens.

This worked in 1.09 and was feared in hc, but I haven't tried it yet in 1.10. Mostly because I only play private games which are free of the people that deserve cheap tricks like this.

17. Vladicus

Vladicus IncGamers Member

Chug one. It keeps you regular.

18. DrSeuss

DrSeuss IncGamers Member

That's the "Castor Oil" trick.

Different game.