Thoughts on my PVP Elemental Zealot Please advise

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
Thoughts on my PVP Elemental Zealot Please advise

Okay well since everyone and their mother uses V/T, Hammerdins,Liberators Foher etc etc post patch I went back to see my 1.09 pre bugged ways.

The ZEALOT!

Ever since the patch the general public has ruined two of my 1.09 favorite builds. Now that they are the popular brand I took a step back to the zealot with a little twist. The only thing that gets me going in this game now is uniques build that can compete in pvp. Whats the point if you can own some one that was baked fresh in the oven? zzzzzzzzz

Anyway I know this build has been made before but I built this one strictly for pvp purposes.

Elemental Zealot

Skills

Zeal Max
Conviction Max
HolyShield Max
Defiance Max (for Holysheild synergy)
Blessed Aim whatever points u have left after maxing the rest

Gear-

.08 Gaze (I need a ber rune)
Etheral Zoded Arkraines Valor
Etheral Exile Sacred Rondache
Rare Phase picture of it is here http://users.aol.com/drwho74/phase.jpg
15 dr verdungos
.10 IK Gloves
.10 IK Boots
Angelic Ring/Ammy
Raven Frost

Charms -

combo of steel charms with life and a mix bag of elementals dmg charms

Currently @ level 87 I have

1815 life
37k Defense
24k Attack Rating with Enchant on

So far I can beat quite a few melee duelers but I get my tail handed to me
by the elite cookie cutter Barbs and Zealots.

One thing I don't use yet is Call To Arms. Another thing as well is I only have 40 dr cause I still need a ber for my Gaze so that does put me at a major disadvantage.

Anyway any advice on what I can do to lower the defense of some of these zod glitched wearing peeps!?

Anything I should change in my gear or charms?

I also have a pair of 20 ias gloves 15 dex 29% LR and 27 charges of level 3 inner sight. :) I can't use them on my guy currently cause he is already built for IK gloves but just wonder if I should use them on my next zealot?

Thanks in advance

HandofElysium said:
Okay well since everyone and their mother uses V/T, Hammerdins,Liberators Foher etc etc post patch I went back to see my 1.09 pre bugged ways.

The ZEALOT!

Ever since the patch the general public has ruined two of my 1.09 favorite builds. Now that they are the popular brand I took a step back to the zealot with a little twist. The only thing that gets me going in this game now is uniques build that can compete in pvp. Whats the point if you can own some one that was baked fresh in the oven? zzzzzzzzz

Anyway I know this build has been made before but I built this one strictly for pvp purposes.

Elemental Zealot

Skills

Zeal Max
Conviction Max
HolyShield Max
Defiance Max (for Holysheild synergy)
Blessed Aim whatever points u have left after maxing the rest

Gear-

.08 Gaze (I need a ber rune)
Etheral Zoded Arkraines Valor
Etheral Exile Sacred Rondache
Rare Phase picture of it is here http://users.aol.com/drwho74/phase.jpg
15 dr verdungos
.10 IK Gloves
.10 IK Boots
Angelic Ring/Ammy
Raven Frost

Charms -

combo of steel charms with life and a mix bag of elementals dmg charms

Currently @ level 87 I have

1815 life
37k Defense
24k Attack Rating with Enchant on

So far I can beat quite a few melee duelers but I get my tail handed to me
by the elite cookie cutter Barbs and Zealots.

One thing I don't use yet is Call To Arms. Another thing as well is I only have 40 dr cause I still need a ber for my Gaze so that does put me at a major disadvantage.

Anyway any advice on what I can do to lower the defense of some of these zod glitched wearing peeps!?

Anything I should change in my gear or charms?

I also have a pair of 20 ias gloves 15 dex 29% LR and 27 charges of level 3 inner sight. :) I can't use them on my guy currently cause he is already built for IK gloves but just wonder if I should use them on my next zealot?

Thanks in advance
Build a Sorc with Max Enchant, Fire Mastery and Wramth and Echant your guy everytime before a duel, should give you 2000-4000 fire dmg and 250%AR

and use that damn Hand of Justice plz for more fire dmg abuse

Why not use Combat Charms instead and max that damn Sarcifice -_- I think with 10+ into zeal + Holy shield it is better than 20 pts all in Defiance dont you think ???

Enigma is better than Ark Valor or just use Bramble ! If ppl dont mind the 10+ Defiance on your shield I am pretty sure they be ok with 20+ thorn ^.^

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
strength_honor said:
Build a Sorc with Max Enchant, Fire Mastery and Wramth and Echant your guy everytime before a duel, should give you 2000-4000 fire dmg and 250%AR

and use that damn Hand of Justice plz for more fire dmg abuse

Why not use Combat Charms instead and max that damn Sarcifice -_- I think with 10+ into zeal + Holy shield it is better than 20 pts all in Defiance dont you think ???

Enigma is better than Ark Valor or just use Bramble ! If ppl dont mind the 10+ Defiance on your shield I am pretty sure they be ok with 20+ thorn ^.^
Too many melee sorcs already. I also easily beat them with this build because I have too much defense for them to hit. Thorn is 1/10 damage and already tried in pvp. 20 pts in defiance gives me the defensive boost I need to stand any chance against melee characters. Etheral Valor is also better than enigma for the same reason. Defense

Zenkat

Diabloii.Net Member
He meant, build a sorc to use enchant on your pally. Kinda cheatin, but hey, he's got a good point. Enchant is wicked cool.

BreakThruX

Diabloii.Net Member
Use that new balrog spear call demon arch? It has mad elemental dmg and nice phys damage, its also fast. Andys visage is good too. I saw the same type of pally with that gear.

Pent

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah you maxed conviction but I see very little elemental damage in your build.
fill your whole inventory with 1-90 lightning sc, 23-30~ fire sc, 15-20 cold sc
of course these are just from the top of my head, but better then skill charms for this build.

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
Zenkat said:
He meant, build a sorc to use enchant on your pally. Kinda cheatin, but hey, he's got a good point. Enchant is wicked cool.
Oh and how am I suppose to do that?

Use d2loader so I can enchant my pally?

Level 23 enchant from demon limb is good enough for me

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
Pent said:
Yeah you maxed conviction but I see very little elemental damage in your build.
fill your whole inventory with 1-90 lightning sc, 23-30~ fire sc, 15-20 cold sc
of course these are just from the top of my head, but better then skill charms for this build.

Huh? I said I have a mix of elemental and ar life charms?

assmuffin

Diabloii.Net Member
How much elemental damage combined do you have in charms? It would probably suit this build more to use a Gimmershred which has about 1500 elemental damage, that, with your conviction on, will do full damage on your enemies. If you want to stick with the Phase Blade, then it might be better to go for just a plain Fanaticized zealot.

As for dueling WW Barbs, see how that extra 8% in your Gaze works out. I don't see anything else where you can get more Defense since it's all ethereal stuff. If you can't beat those Barbs, then I'm pretty sure you never will considering those stats that you posted.

Wurmer

Diabloii.Net Member
He pretty much need to stick with that phase blade and that for a couple of reasons. One, it has huge attack rating and the rest of the mod are more than decent. Secondly, since he's not using fanaticism there is not many weapons that allow to reach 4 fps zeal without loading ias jewel in your gear which, in his case, is not possible.

Diminished-Soul

Diabloii.Net Member
Wurmer said:
He pretty much need to stick with that phase blade and that for a couple of reasons. One, it has huge attack rating and the rest of the mod are more than decent. Secondly, since he's not using fanaticism there is not many weapons that allow to reach 4 fps zeal without loading ias jewel in your gear which, in his case, is not possible.
Ya guys:

Phase no fanat needs 75%IAS.

Other weapons like -10 base speed: Scrouge, Cryptic, Caddy... all need 145%IAS. O_O