Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thoughts on fire trapper for pvp?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Mr.Grimmy, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Mr.Grimmy

Mr.Grimmy IncGamers Member

Thoughts on fire trapper for pvp?

Hi, I've been playing assasins for quite a while now and always found myself drawn to the the martial arts tree, or in the case of WW sins, to the shadow skills tree. However, the other day I decided to make a fire trapper, played her into hell (way too many fire immunes), got bored and started dueling in pubbies with her. To my utter shock she did pretty well.

I do quite a bit of pubby dueling with my ww sin and kicker (on a quest to bring mannered dueling back to pub duel games ;) ) and I have never seen a fire trapper. I was just curious if anyone had some experience playing one in PVP, and any general thoughts on them.

To me it seems as though they have some good potential since you can max all fire trap/synergies and still have lots of skill points left over.

Any thoughts?

2. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah IncGamers Member

fire trappers are very good vs casters but you must know what you're doing
    with a fire trapper the player has to be extremely offensive vs good casters
    learning how to stun good is also more of an issue on a fire trapper because without mind blast it's crap
    i use to play one and loved it
    a fire trappers flaw though is that it's extremely hard-impossible to kill characters that use ww and charge

3. NewForumBloke

NewForumBloke IncGamers Member

I have a fire trapper myself and i absolutely adore her! like '22'Souljah said they are excellent against casters and in my exp can own ele druids like mad. But again as '22'Souljah stated its difficult when u duel a ww barb/sin and smite/charge pally's. I actually have a pretty sweet fire trapper claw that i use witha tucs. It has 3 to trap skills, 2 WoF, and is 2 open sockets (dont know wut i want to put in them yet... maybe a resist jewel or somethin...) but theyre very fun. Although i personally use mb to a point where it may seem a little newbish i get the job done :lol: . Hope this helps.

Bloke

P.S. : if u want to see my trapper my account is *starwindhawking id be glad to show her to u any time you want.

4. Mr.Grimmy

Thanks for the replys guys. You are both confirming what I suspected. I really like the fact that dueling with a fire trapper requires more than simple clicking like with whirlwind and some other builds. I have been dueling with her today, and indeed there is some windy ownage going on :)

I got slaughtered by almost every barb i fought though. Charge pally's were also near impossible, but smite wasn't as bad.

Newforumbloke, I would like to take you up on your offer and compare chars sometime. Are you on West non ladder?

I had a lot of unspent skill points, and have turned my sin into a kicker/trapper. This seems to work very well, as I don't need to wait for the traps to finish my opponent, but once a stunlock is established, can df in and kick them to death.

I am thinking that this will be a very fun build with good potential vs most chars. Aside from the difficulties you mentioned already, I have been having a hell of a time with bone necros :( I am at 7 frame recovery now, and its killing me. Any good necro can stunlock me with spears and its all over. Gotta work on that.

Again, thanks for the respone, and any other tips you might have would be appreciated.

5. darksentinel

darksentinel IncGamers Member

There's a guide for this build on the diabloii.net site. Opponents who move quickly are a problem (ie the aforementioned Chargers and WWs). Teleport can be annoying too. BoS, DF and Enigma are all very useful.

6. darksentinel

darksentinel IncGamers Member

The best thing about the fire trapsin is she's unexpected 'cos so many trappers use Lightning

7. NewForumBloke

NewForumBloke IncGamers Member

actually if u want to really mess with some necros, hammerdins, sorcies, etc ppl that use spells get ur claw block to 60% and use 2 claws. The block can deflect bonespirit, bonespear, sometimes hammers too as well as ne other spell. i have mine at 59% right now and i luv it ^_^ ! i havent thought about using kick skills i think i might try it with some of my left overs good idea Grimmy!

Bloke

P.S. No sorry im on East Non-Ladder i wish i could compare chars with you. Glad that i could be of service to you and gl with more dueling! :thumbsup:

8. Mr.Grimmy

Newforumbloke,

I agree that claw block is very nice vs casters. I have been having sever problems with bone necros and this char :(
    I am using wep/shield right now which allows me the movement bonus of burst of speed, while still having physical damage reduction. With max resists i can deal with most sorcies, and the 75% helps with melee.
    I think your absolutely right that a set of bartucs in the old stash would be an excellent addition to the build to help with those pesky necros :) I will give it a try

A side note: I dueled 4 different wind druids this moring and never lost a round. It was wonderful :) I got comments like" OMG what the hell kind of sin are you???" loads of fun

9. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

fun to play, easily/usually absorbed