Thoughts on duel wielding ww barb

I luv me a barb

Diabloii.Net Member
Thoughts on duel wielding ww barb

Before we begin im a level 75 Whirlwind Barbarian

I have 2 ebotdcb's (swords look better than axes :grin: ) and everyone says its foolish with ww, that I should be using a shield, that its too easy to die without a shield, but I leech so much life with both swords its insane. I'd love to hear opinions, and please try to elaborate when you call me a fool for not using a shield.

GreyGhost

Banned
For PvM it really doesn't matter, since leeching keeps you alive.

For PvP, it makes a big difference, since leech is penalized and characters with high attack ratings will own you if you don't block.

RibGriller

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I think most IK Barbs use WW. I have one myself, and I don't have any problems with dying too much. You're Dfense with 20 into Shout should be well over 10k, and you shouldn't be getting hit much with that kind of D. In fact, I don't have a shield on any of my Barbs (1 IK WW, 2 Frenziers). They do just fine.

Edit: What I said was for PvM.

themdamnducks

Diabloii.Net Member
I use an eBotdcb and a Grief cb and i have no problem at all with dying. I also use fort for the high def and the added damage so my def is high enough w/o a shield.

I luv me a barb

Diabloii.Net Member
Grief? Interesting, think it would be possible to trade an ebotdcb for a grief cb, and an enigma for a fortitude? Just wondering.

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, it's possible to do that trade, depending on the stats.

And.... you didn't answer. Are you PvM or PvP?