Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thoughts on AR for WW

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Speederländer, May 29, 2005.

1. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

Thoughts on AR for WW

So WW assassins have an AR problem generally, which is solved more often than not by resorting to enchant/angelics.

What other ways, short of filling the inventory with AR small charms, are there of boosting AR that may be novel or unexpected? Are the straight-ahead methods currently the only methods which give any real result?

This assumes chaos/fury for claws, so no off-the-wall rare claws with big AR and damage (they are simply too hard to come by).

Also, what AR do you achieve on your WW-sin with different dueling configurations? How do you get what you have?

Do any WW-sins ever go out on a limb and pump dex at all? The numbers don't seem worth it to me to do so but perhaps someone has some positive warm fuzzies.

2. eLight

eLight IncGamers Member

I got like 7k ar with Angelic amu/ring + a Ravenfrost. If you duel a high def babba or pala you could shop a claw of the fool prefix (?) and use as your off-hand. You can buy them at Anya in hell :thumbsup:

3. norvi11erogers

norvi11erogers IncGamers Member

sorry, question, is ar averaged when dual wielding weapons? or does each weapon get its own ar/mods etc.

4. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

Each get their own AR, so the high AR from the fools claw would only help your off-hand.

I have 7500-8000 AR with my regular setup (Kira's Guardian, Bramble, Draculs, Gore Rider, Chaos, Fury, Angelics, Raven frost, Verdungo's) - if I'm fighting a low def class (sord/necro/trapper generally) I put on Highlord's Wrath and a Dwarf Star and have about 4k AR, I think.

5. Hurtmeister

Hurtmeister IncGamers Member

My ww assa got almost 14k AR WITHOUT enchant and only use 2x small charms with AR and dual angelic. To improve AR i think Enchant is the best way or use sc's.

6. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

Enchant lasts forever and all you need is an ort every 50 duel games or so.

7. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

I wouldn't sacrifice the DS from highlords for angelic ammy.

8. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

i rather use a rare +2 +stat/resist with possibly fcr ammy over highlords. not like you're physical dmg is high anyways.

plus AR isnt that necessary. think about it. vs pallys if you stunlock correctly they have to be constantly charging to aviod being mb'ed to death (with the occassional free hit from ww). ww away if they charge at you, puts you at the advantage. if they pally is hammer, you basically force them to rely completely on desync. from there you just have to constantly ww away and aviod inv hammer fields; this is done pretty easily on a barb, and although a barb has some huge advantages in this matchup, the sin forces the pally to not use tele (meaning no desync then tele+hammer while desynced or playing excessively defensive) and they have a large margin of error (clawblock + summon stack).

vs ww barbs, just forget it, if they are worth dueling you already lost.

9. Speederländer

Deadly strike boosting low physical damage is of minimal assistance.

Your damage focus should be on VENOM primarily with OW secondarily and physical/magic damage third.

10. RetroStar

My WW Sin had 9k AR without prebuff and she seem to hit fine vs. non BvB, Exile Pally. Once I hit them even, their life went down quickly. Not sure the % increase on enchant from Demon Limb but I guess my assn could have had 11k+ AR with Enchant prebuff. Never found it necessary though and it's a pain in the ass.

+2Sin 20%FCR ammy works well also for MBing.

11. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

Its not really a pain in the ass, only happens once every like 9 minutes. My 6k ar ww sin got something like 3k ar off it too.

12. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Against most melee I use this circlet

+2 sin
    %AR on level
    40% ED
    19 str
    19 dex
    34 life

and full angelic unless Raven is needed.

FCR isn't important is most of those duels.

Fool's mod claw adds a lot too, but you said not to mention those :)

13. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

Fool modded claw only works for that one claw though -_-

14. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

With good Venom, you only need to hit with one claw. I'm going to be a twit and include the calcs I did in the last thread. Aside from the AR circlets, Angelics, Enchant, or Fools mod claws, I can't think of any great way for a WW sin to get AR without major sacrifices.

The ideal setup for AR would be a fools claw with two sockets (some combination of Um and Eth runes) combined with one of those nifty 1% AR/lvl circlets. But, like you said, those are rare as golden boogers. Nice helm, Zengeif.

One other possibility is Hsarus' boots with the belt. That provides some resists (fire/cold) and 10 AR/lvl (900 AR @ lvl 90).

Previous calcs from various common setups:
    Setups:
    5.3k Maras, dual Raven, shadow GCs: AR+ = 500+500; AR% = 30+220+180 = 430%
    9.1k One angelic, one Raven, shadow GCs: AR+=500+1080+250 = 1830; AR%=20+220+160 = 400%
    16.4 Dual angelic, shadow GCs: AR+=500+2600 = 3100; ar%=30+220+180 = 430%

9.9k Maras, dual Raven, AR GCs: AR+ = 500+500+1300 = 2300; AR% = 30+220+80 = 330%
    12.5 One angelic, one Raven, AR GCs: AR+=500+1080+250+1300 = 3130; AR%=20+220+60 = 300%
    18.9 Dual angelic, AR GCs: AR+=500+2600+1300 = 4400; ar%=30+220+180 = 330%

Setups with Enchant from Demon Limb (same order as above, just 200% AR added)

Going back to the previous topic of AR charms, it might be possible to run a setup with half AR charms and half Shadow charms and optimize the combination. The +max damage isn't bad either, even if physical isn't your main focus.

15. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah IncGamers Member

hm i wonder is the ar impressive with this set bonus you just mentioned + angelics + enchant

16. Speederländer

[QUOTE='22'Souljah]hm i wonder is the ar impressive with this set bonus you just mentioned + angelics + enchant[/QUOTE]

Probably pretty big actually.

17. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

Zangeif, sorry for spelling your name wrong in my last post. I really do know better. :p

Dual angelics, Hsarus' boots gives 21.2k AR. Adding enchant brings that up to 29.2k. With Zangeif's helm, that goes up to 32.8k AR. There are costs, like losing a belt and boot slot which tends to take a lot of resists... then again... wait... Hammerdins and Melee are when you have the trouble, so this shouldn't be much of a sacrifice.

P.S. If you had a Fools mod claw with an AR circlet, that would be 41.6k AR while still keeping your 10 skillers. :jig:

P.P.S. Don't forget that the -% Defense on Fury/Eth runes affects the to-hit calculation significantly if your AR is anywhere the opponent's defense.

18. RetroStar

My new WW sin has 5k AR right now. It's pretty horrible. If I take off my crafted ammy and swap for angelic, I can't wear my claws haha.

19. Endorser

Endorser IncGamers Member

Looking at other posts i think sc ar would be the best way to get your ar up/enchant, but it gets annoying when you die each time you got to re enchant your self, and then when enchant runs out it costs alot to repair again and seeing that theres alot got naps out there stealing gold its annoying.

20. Endorser

Endorser IncGamers Member

I would never make a assa they always get owned by good babas and palas because of there high defence.And they dont always own necros you get the ones that always uses bloody summons and stuff and u cant hit them.