Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

thoughts on a mass frw (desynch)? pvp f/r wolf

Discussion in 'Druid' started by olwe, Oct 25, 2006.

1. olwe

olwe IncGamers Member

thoughts on a mass frw (desynch)? pvp f/r wolf

Hi all, I just obtained a sweet magic circlet:

+2 druid skills
    +30% faster run/walk
    2 os

I'm thinking of gearing my wolf with some mass frw with the goal of desnyching in mind. Since wolves can't teleport, it would be a great advantage to run so fast we desnych, then land a rabies bite or a shift fury by surprise. Have people tried this? Thoughts?

I've read for zons desynch happens at ~150% frw

So:
    Enigma 45%
    Circlet 30%
    Aldurs Boots 40%
    Cat's Eye 30%
    Mav's Belt 20%

That gives 165% frw. Against casters I think the switch to aldurs from gores would work pretty well, for fire res, life, and 10% frw. Gores could still work, which would bring it down to 155%, but it would help make up for some %ds loss from the loss of highlords.

Circlet I will probably ber / shael or um / shael to still hit 42% fhr bp with bfists.

Any thoughts / advice?

2. arcticknight

arcticknight IncGamers Member

You can also get fr/w from charms- frw/poison, fr/w ar, fr/w max/ar, fr/w all resist, fr/w shapeshift skillers. Another pair of boots might be shadow dancers 30 fr/w 30 fhr 15-25 dex. I've been thinking about this type of build too. Maybe a crafted blood amulet would be good too 5-10 fr/w, life, life leech.

3. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Charging up Feral Rage will boost your FR/W speed too. Run around and smack some monsters to charge yourself up before you move in for the kill. Keep in mind the 20 second timer on Feral Rage, you might want to detour and smack another zombie to keep it going.

4. Gimmershred

Gimmershred IncGamers Member

Make a harmony blade bow and put it on switch for vigor.
    I have a palabear with a nice lvl vigor, if i use it combined with +- 100%frw i run awfully fast and people say i desynch a little bit so now and then.

Let's see now , a pala with a lvl 10 vigor and charge desynches pretty well. He will travel 12.24 yards/sec

Now you.
    With +- 100% frw, 36% skillfrw from harmony and say 50% from a slvl 14 feral rage you reach 11.84 yards/sec.

With 150% frw , harmony and feral rage you run 12.44 yards/sec wich is even faster then a vigor using paladin.

P.S. just for you to know normal charge without vigor goes at 9 yards/sec

5. olwe

olwe IncGamers Member

Thanks, this is really good info. How did you do the FRW / Yards conversion? Is there a formula? I wonder how fast (in yards) Zons are moving to desynch.

As far as skillers go, I think I'd like to keep my shape lifers, and the smalls I guess I could put in some frw ones but the life charms are just so important to a wolf's effectiveness because that is one of its main advantages.

6. tada

tada Banned

I'm curious to know frw -> speed travel conversion too. I got a zon with 190 frw w/o harmony and wonder if that's too much.

7. Gimmershred

Gimmershred IncGamers Member

190% frw will let you run 9,35 yards/sec.
    You reach the same speed with harmony on and 70%frw.
    190%frw + harmony converts to 10,79 yards/sec

Frw on equip/charms has diminishing returns, 190% is probably a bit overkill.
    Wearing light armor/shield
    0% frw --> 6,00 y/s
    50%frw --> 7,50 y/s
    100%frw --> 8,40 y/s
    150%frw --> 9,00 y/s
    200% frw --> 9,43 y/s

Skill frw has no diminishing returns as shown below.
    0% --> 6y/s
    10% -->6,40 y/s
    20% --> 6,80 y/s
    30% --> 7,20 y/s
    40% --> 7,60 y/s

That's why skill frw is much more effective in general. The best is off course a mix of both, but don't overkill yourself with too much frw from items/charms.
    But there are also other factors in choosing for harmony or not, in your case for example that when you use harmony you can't use a shield with max block on your switch.

8. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

As far as I know the only time one has to worry about skill %frw is with ww paterns, where people try to stick with increase speed @ 40%. Everything else is just too mind numbing and almost pointless to work out.

Also the attack speed of that harmony, along with the minor possible lag from switching weapons {even worse if your locked on}, might tribute to booboo's while dueling.

And I see how the deminishing returns is present with gear %frw...but i dont see how its that significant. The diferance between 100% & 200% is still 1 full yard.

9. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

you rabies damage is gonna be low with the gear your gonna use , im guessimationg it will hit around 4ok

7%frw shape gc's would be perfect for this build.

10. olwe

olwe IncGamers Member

I've got a 20/20 monarch and -52 dweb I can use for switch, with trangs gloves and max rabies / poison creeper will that be enough?

So I'm not sure I can keep harmony as a switch weapon if I'm going to use the rabies switch. Either tomb/ebotd or ebotdz/ss for primary switch, and for fhr I can 2xshael the circlet and use one 5fhr sc to hit the 42% fhr bp.

The whole point of this is that it needs to desynch, so you can surprise and hit with a quick rabies or fury since we can't teleport. If it doesn't then it's a weak build imo, i'd rather just stick with the normal f/r build.

11. lordofericstan

lordofericstan IncGamers Member

i tried desynching with a shifter and it was way too much of a pain to get enough frw, and i still couldnt desynch 100% of the time. and im talking about massive frw, like every piece of gear adding frw.