Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

thoughts on a !bear mage! build ?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by minizx, Jun 24, 2005.

1. minizx

minizx IncGamers Member

thoughts on a !bear mage! build ?

hi im currently thinking about trying out a new build using the +skills on beast he will use the following equipment

beast in a nice scepter
    pheonix in a kurast (e/d ar pala sheild)
    fortitude in archon
    coa
    draculs
    sandstorm trek
    nosforatus
    1 rare dl str ring
    1 raven

i think my base str should be around 70-80

his main skills will be concentration,blessed hammer (for iron maiden) and zeal (whilst in bear mode)

im not sure how much dex to invest in to start and also would this build be any good before i start to invest my hard earned d2 currency (ists)

my items are for max damage but i might need more mana leech im not sure

any advice on items and skills would be welcome

thnx
    minizx

2. GriswoldsApprentice

GriswoldsApprentice IncGamers Member

Does Zeal work in bear form? Because if it does, it would be cool to see a barb bear use WW :D

3. Kosmos

Kosmos IncGamers Member

no pala skills works in bearform. Just the auras :eek:

4. GriswoldsApprentice

GriswoldsApprentice IncGamers Member

That's what I thought. Too bad. We would have seen hammerbears all over the place.

5. minizx

minizx IncGamers Member

so if only the auras work in bear form then would you reccomed boosting the foh and conc synergies i want to try this build out and see if it works.
    i dont think ive ever seen a paladin transforming into bear form and i like to try out new builds to keep the fun in d2

i still need to know what dex i would need for my beast mage

any thoughts and suggestions are welcome

thnx
    mnizx

6. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

You will have to unshift from werebear every time you want to attack with something other than your normal standard attack.

If you are hell-bent on being a big fuzzy bear, then I suggest reading threw this, a guide setup by zerounit. Its quite impressive to think of a pally who actually uses a botd phase blade effectivly ;)

7. vietl0yalty

vietl0yalty IncGamers Member

personally i think its a bit annoying have to unshift back to human form if you want to use hammers... but thats just me... if u dont mind then i d say go ahead and try and let me know how it goes

but as far as a pure melee pally bear... i made one for pvm and its really fun and effective... i used to have a similar setup with phoenix shield BUT as you go along... u will realize how annoying the 40% chance to cast firestorm is when you are trying to do a 3-4 swipe and u stop after the first and second one to cast it... so i ditched phoenix and now im using coa coh exile grief phase highlords gores ravens life leech ring bloodfists and a rare 24fhr belt... just to let u kno bears are a bit slow and i would suggest hitting the 86 fhr breakpoint if you plan on fighting hordes of monsters or better yet... dueling

and i never tried botd phase on a pally bear though that would be... hands down... the fastest weapon but i am pure pvm so the itd from grief is priceless and with a high ias + fanaticism i hit 5fpa with my phase and that is more than fast enough to kill

8. minizx

minizx IncGamers Member

thnx for the input i was only going to use foh for running chaos sanctury because of the dreaded iron maidon curse. also i think your right with the botd pb that would be just gravy i was planning on using a cta on switch but after reading zero units guide (thnx for pointing this out mrGoth) i relize that my def will be high enough not to need it and with a maxed fantasism aura im sure he would even put a few dedicated pvp builds to shame

more input would be helpfull i would like as many opinions as posible before i try and build him

thnx
    minizx