Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thought the school shootings were over did you?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by HaLoPhReAk, Oct 18, 2006.

1. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

Thought the school shootings were over did you?

So did I, but my school got a threat "We'll see how good your security is on 10/18". Graffiti'd on the wall... Doesn't this make me feel grand. Not only am i being forced to school at early morning (ok its not so bad...) but now i have people threatening to shoot me while i'm just sitting around. My mom immidiately said "well you're not going to school". Kinda sucks that I now have to worry about friekin demented idiots. So I guess you'll be able to tell if it was a hoax or not on the news tomorrow :shocked:

2. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla IncGamers Member

That's pretty strange. At my school they just have some minority suspiciously walk around until someone points him out, upon which he rewards them with a Hershey's Kiss, and no, that's not slang.

3. ogogo on ice

ogogo on ice IncGamers Member

Next Wednesday we're having a "test" at our school, where their going to ring the bell (we never use them) and then we all run to the nearest room. I see this eventually having the same effect as tornado/fire drills, where no one cares eventually so we all tay our dear sweet time...which in any case would be very bad.

edit: Oh yea, when we had a bomb threat in 7th grade...we still had school. They just threw us all into the auditorium for an hour. It was grand, if I do say so myself.

4. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

During my junior year of high school (1999-200), there was a school-wide panic because of a bomb threat the school received.

The school's attendance dropped by 50% for the next week. Then, for the next two years, we had to go through metal detectors and deal with K-9 dogs everyday, and we weren't allowed to bring bags in with us.

The world is full of idiotic people.

5. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Wow, metal detectors and sniffer dogs at schools? That's just nuts.

6. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Department of Redundancy Department.

My school has never even blinked at the thought of a shooting. Then again the only kid in the school who would do it gets winded by thinking about walking down the hall.

7. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Never had a bomb threat at any of my schools. No metal detectors or anything either.

8. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

Im not exactly sure what winded means (i'm not american) but i can guess, anyway im pretty sure that guy would feel a lot more confident walking down the hall with an automatic weapon don't you think?.

9. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

We had a couple of bomb threats at my school. They made us evacuate and stand out in front of the school. I never got that because if there was in fact a detonation we would have gotten hit with flying glass and brick. Yay safety!!!

10. TonoTheHero

TonoTheHero IncGamers Member

Nope : >:jig:

11. Idalia Snoweyes

Idalia Snoweyes IncGamers Member

I was in my Sophmore year of High School when the Columbine Shootings happened. Three days after that, there was a call to the school saying that there would be a shooting.

They evacuate everyone from the classes and halls and take us outside. Since the school did not have a plan, they had us line up infront of the school along the exterior wall, while the police searched the school. Several students approached teachers (Who were all gathered in a big clump, well away from the student line) to complain about the idiocy of placing everyone in a line, when there was the threat of an attack, only to be ordered back into the line with everyone else. Everything was announced clear and after a search of every personal bag/binder/coat the students held was performed, school returned to normal.

Two days later, the same exact thing happened. Once again, everyone was lined up.

Now... the first incident was incredibly stupid on the part of the Administration of the school, but the second time was almost asking for an incident.

When later threats happened, they moved everyone to the outdoor stadium behind the school.

At least now, while my youngest sister is in school, they have an armed security guard placed at every entrance/exit, along with metal detectors, and movement from one class to another is kept to a minimum.

It is sad how times have changed in the last 20 years.

12. Thelioness

Thelioness IncGamers Member

I can remember a few bomb threats and an incident where a guy from outside brought a gun in to an after school sports event. He was waving it around on the court because of a beef he had with one of our students. No shots were fired. Also, there were several students that I knew that carried knives on them. Not that it was allowed, but they had them. Despite all that, the fights at our school were normally one on one fist fights. The only time I can remember any one seriously hurt was when two guys were fighting near a plate glass wall and they both went through it and continued fighting while rolling/falling down the stairs.

For those of you wondering, it has been over 15 years since I graduated HS.

And winded means out of breath, breathing hard to get more oxygen.

13. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member

We only had one bomb threat when I was in high school. I knew it was a bomb threat too when the priciple announced over the intercom, "All teachers, please turn in your red folders at this time."
    Could they have made it more obvious? Plus, as soon as that was said, every teacher scrambled out into the hallways to hurry every student they could reach within earshot to the closest classroom. Hmm, panic shall we?
    After 30 minutes of sitting in spanish class with the lights off, we were evacuated to the football stadium. We sat there for another hour or so while teh school was checked.
    We were then informed that school would be let out early, and no one was allowed back into the building. Then we had to wait even longer for the cops to inspect every vehicle in the student parking lot. If your car had a red ribbon tied to the antennae, it ment you were free to go...but only with yourself or a sibling. No friends were allowed to ride with you. Oh, and they cancelled the bus service to the school too.
    Then they were stuck with everyone who didn't have a car who had to wait til their parents got off work to come get thier kid from the stadium. Man, that was a day. Glad I had my car. And my best friend became my brother that day too.

14. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

I'm glad I live in this country. I've never even heard of schools having security guards, let alone metal detectors. I believe there was one bomb threat, but that's it. Probably just students doing it too.

It would've been if he'd said "canine dogs".

15. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

K-9=canine It was some of the first 1337.