Thought For The Day

Bortaz

Banned
Thought For The Day

Dont you think that it is great that when it comes to the internet, whether it be IM, myspace, email, OTF forum or whatever the hell else you are using, no comment is offensive as long as you use one of the internet abbreviations, such as LOL or LMAO?

I seriously think it is getting bad when you can come post a reply to a forum post (or email, or myspace, etc) and tell them something like this:

I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.

I like you, you remind me of me when I was young and stupid.

I'm not trying to be being rude, you're just insignificant.

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

LOL.

Now that I put the LOL there, everything is okay.

This would be a great concept at work, you could just look at your boss and tell him what an insignificant POS he is, and then hold up a sign that oddly resembles a picket sign with the letters LOL on it, and everything would be just peachy.
Heh, I read this on myspace, and LOL'd IRL. Then, I stole it and adapted it to the OTF. LOL.

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
Bortaz said:
Heh, I read this on myspace, and LOL'd IRL. Then, I stole it and adapted it to the OTF. LOL.
what the hell were you doing on myspace? trying to hookup with a teenage girl? LOL

Bortaz

Banned
See? Everyone here gets it, except SD (A Canadian...enough said. LOL.) and PMG, an East Texas hick with 3 teeth and no shoes. LOL.

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
Bortaz I hope you die of gonorrhea and burn hell. Would you like some cookies? LOL

Huh huh? Ace Ventura? Anyone?

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh help.

LOL.

I mean.

But there's a point to it really, however I think you still can't say or do everything you want just because it's online.