Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Those pesky frost-proof enemy's

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by killian27, May 26, 2005.

1. killian27

killian27 IncGamers Member

Those pesky frost-proof enemy's

I hate it when I am wanting to try some new idea's for my character out... but I'm at work, so I cant. So I guess I can just agrevate you good ppl instead.

Frostmaiden bowazon is the project. Dealing with cold immunes is the focus. So far i have been using kuko and immo arrow, guided or magic arrow... well thats slooooooow. So, I was thinking about this nice little shield i found (Stormshield), and wondering what my darling Vixon would think about carrying it around. So, along with stormshield, ill need a supercool one handed weapon to beat the crap out of things with. I guess the krux of it is, im getting bored waiting for cold-immunes to die, so i think i want to try beating some of them to death for a little fun.

So stormshield: I've already got plenty of dex, I can put t'gods on for enough strenght to equip the shield... then leave the belt on or not.. dunno.

One-handed-super-cool-weapons to choose from

Lightsabre - coolness +2
    barananana's Star - coolness +0 ?
    Titan's revenge - can be used with jab i suppose
    Demons arch - jab again

I cant think of any other one-handed weapons i have that deal a good bit of damage, other then an axe maybe.. I guess a java or spear would have to be the most effective, what with the jab skill and all.

I currently don't have any points on the java tree, nor do i have any points stored... but i would probably spare one point to jab, just toplay around.

2. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

What about Strafe?

3. killian27

well yeah, i've been using strafe as well... but with only point and +skills, its not extremely fast either...

plus i was wanting to play with something non-bow on the switch...

4. LeorictheDark

LeorictheDark IncGamers Member

LF... nuff said.

5. Nacaa

Nacaa IncGamers Member

You should use throw with a pair of Gimmershred. Now, that would be cool on an Amazon hehehe.

6. killian27

Hmmm... I don't think I have gimmershred. I think im going to add deathbit to my list of things to try. Throwing knives could be cool, but seems like they do very little damage.

This is when i need a blood raven, or whatver the bow with revives is... that would be fun for a change of pace.

7. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

FYI if you are not using a stabbing weapon, you will have horrible blocking speed, so that kinda limits you to javalin/dagger.

8. killian27

So blocking with a shield while holding a sword in my hand will be slower then while holding a javelin or dagger? Ok, i didnt know that. And why dagger?

9. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Gimmershreds would do the job ok, since you'll only be using them on CI's they dont need to be as fast as your main killing skill, if you wanted that go LF, although you'll end up using that more than bows probably.
    Id say gimmershreds would be stylish +3. for uber style go for the diggler or wirts leg.

10. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Dagger is also a stabbing weapon rather than a slashing weapon, so it's okay. With no faster blocking rate, you will be blocking at 17 frames with a sword, compare to 5 frames with javalin/dagger

11. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

hmm, why not max strafe :) frostmaiden usualy is 20 ice shot, 20 sinergy (the damage one, not freeze duration one ), 20 strafe, rest in i dont know, passives & magic skills probably... valkyre is good from lvl 17 i heared

so, why does your frost maiden have immolation arrow ? :) or the need of a backup weapon ?

just my thaughts on it :)

on the other hand, barnaras star surely is cool, i d give it style +1 at least