Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

those annoying traders

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by zooply, Sep 12, 2006.

1. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

those annoying traders

Ok in trading and giving out freebies, i usually come across these types:

-the guy that comes in and wants to see what you have, only to show you he has the same thing only with better stats then leaves

-the guy that comes in to your game just to steal your trade. like you'll have a game 'pcomb gc for trade' and somebody comes in, somebody rushes in saying 'i have pcomb gc' and gets your trade

-the constant 'plz i need free' ppl in freebie games

-like the freebie beggars, except they come in to trade games and when they can't afford a trade it's 'plz man i really need'

-the guys that laugh at your offer and call you a noob. ya........ like everyone knows all the prices :rolleyes: (although i sometimes think some ppl know they're offering too low, but they just want to be cheap)

-scammer noobs. 'nuff said

-the ones that ask to see your stuff in an attempt to say 'nah man what you need is this'. this one to me isn't too major. just kinda irks me personally i suppose:tongue:

i know there's more. i just can't think of them offhand

any others i'm forgetting here? or any trading stories? plz share kk thnx gg:prop: lol

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

This happened to me way back in 1.09. Some dude went into my game while I was trying to trade for some low level gear. I was completely broke and was naked and didn't have anything in my inventory. He opens a trade screen with me and starts showing off all his hexes, ith weapons, white gloves, white rings, quarks, and all that hoopla. He jammed all 40 spaces of the trade screen with expensive items. Then, he jokingly pressed the "accept" button thinking that no one in their right minds would be walking around with a completely empty inventory. I hit "accept", and Mr. i-be-da-leetest-playa was reduced to a shocked and crying baby. :jig:

3. TheBhoy

TheBhoy IncGamers Member

That was bad......Nice but bad........... :wink2:

4. jimmah

jimmah IncGamers Member

:evil: That's pretty funny. What did you do with the stuff?

5. ael

ael IncGamers Member

I cant say that it was nice to take the whole stuff, but on the other hand he pressed the accept button, so...

6. templecrasher

templecrasher IncGamers Member

Perhaps it wasn't nice, but that's what he gets for showing off. Karma *****-slapped him for being an idiot.

7. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

The people that just want to see the gear that you use, see something that they want, and make an offer. This is alright, if they take no for an answer when you don't want to part with said item. But it is very irksome when they keep on and on and on...
    Them ~ "Come on man, thats a good offer"
    Me ~ "Yes it is, but I don't need it. Sorry."
    Them ~ "nub"

Or the people in trade games that randomly open up a trade window, and post the infamous "wug" despite the fact that you were posting what you have for trade above your head. You then show them what you have for trade and they say "lol nub" and leave. Really ticks me off...

*Requiem_Death

8. kalvydas

kalvydas IncGamers Member

Some people even if I have specific trade game name like "xxx for xxx", joins and keeps asking "wug, wug" and after i tell then to read name they starts asking "wuw, wuw". And ussually at the end of coversation I am called noob (and i dont care about that).
    About prices: if the guy doen's have specific price for item, I always lawball...

9. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

When I played online I used to stare blankly for as long as possible at empty trade windows. If the other guy added even one item, 'sure let's trade let me show you what I have and how is your day going? well, I hope.' If he didn't show anything, I'd just sit there in silence for as long as he would keep the window open. I don't know; I got a kick out of it.

The other option was to immedietly close the window and squelch him at the first sign of "wug".

10. ael

ael IncGamers Member

Thats why I name my games like `O xxx N 12Ists` or like it... So everyone that thinks im a noob simply doesnt enter it. And who enters(in most cases :rolleyes:) agrees to the trade.

11. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

true req i forgot about those 2. i hate that also (first example). i've had that happen, except it's a bit more like 'dude this is worth X runes'. especially annoying when you ask for specific items. =P

the wug spammers are another story. coming up to you in trading games 'wug'. lately i either respond 'wug' right back or 'looking to buy not sell'. and sometimes if i ask wug right back they'll say 'well i asked first'. lmao

and lets not forget the ones that come to your trade games and they're response to your greeting 'hi how goes things?' is 'show'

Why is this thread here? for me to rant and let others:tongue:

to ael: that still doesn't always work lol. then they sometimes come in only to say 'lol omgz0rz nub th4ts n0t worth X'. but i have had some guys that would come in and be a bit more polite with 'you're not going to get X for *insert item*':smiley:

12. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

The ones that are really annoying are the "swappers"

You open a trade window show your stuff and they show you what you want. Then they cause you to look away e.g. ask for some small add, or sorry no room and open a new trade.

Now you add something or you put back the stuff after they opened a new trade window, and they placed something whats looks like the thing you've trade for, but its something worthless, you press accept and the trade is done. Now you're glad to use the thing but when you're mouse hovers over the item you realize that you've been scamed.
    Now everytime they try that trick for which I fall once, it really pisses me off :evil: it brings back the memories and anger of the first and only time they played that trick with me. It makes me whish I had the skills to hack those peoples account and start a giveaway thread here...well maybe not cause that would bring me to the same level as they are....

13. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

i don't think it'd be the same level. they try to screw you to get a good item for nothing/to be a jerk, whereas you'd be doing it to get revenge for a wrong & teach them a lesson:wink3:

14. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

(In the following, please note that "People" refers to random b.net kiddies)

Most annoying people so far :

- People that whisp me after a giveaway to tell me "COm' BAcK N GiB MorE !!1!"
    - People that add me to their friend list after a giveaway to tell me (even days after) "GoT mOrE FrE3 sTuFfzoR ??1?"
    - People that don't tell anything in giveaways (no thanks, etc...), except "GiB MOZr gIb mORe FrRrEe"
    - People that spam "GiB FrEeE pLZ" if I'm too long to drop the free items
    - People that spam "OMG lOLz NoOb NN CrApZZ" if I don't drop 10 Enigmas in the free game

and of course :

- People that wonder why it's been a long time since I've abandonned b.net random giveaways :grin:...

Now, all my giveaways are done here, on the forums :wink:.

15. Evrae Altana

I used some, and gave some to my friends. I thought about giving back the stuff if the guy had just asked nicely, but instead he called me the usual nub, your mom is fat, blah blah.

16. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Back in v1.09 I joined a trade game with one person there. They said "come to act 2". Well, I was in a hurry but what the heck. I came to act 2. They had me follow them into Atma's tavern and went behind the bar. They said "Isn't this a great place to trade?". At that point I had run out of patience, typed in "no", and exited the game. It was some time later that I found out that area was used for drop trade scams. LOL!!!

17. rendo

rendo Banned

I hate when people say wug/wuw for X item. It pisses me off to the point I want to not even trade with them. Most people have a SET price/item they'll use for X item, so why keep asking me to show you my items when you'll just say no because you want at least 2hrs for it when all you could have said is that.

I also hate games called brg 3X ammy where x is a class/skill set for class. You show the item, then they say, I want it to have other mods like +life +mf on it. WELL USE THE DESCRIPTION then. *mutters* /rant

18. Evrae Altana

I love people who decide that they're suddenly a walking price guide and think they're the only ones who knows the real value of things. :rolleyes:

19. Kull

Kull IncGamers Member

you would be surprised to know how many people has no glue at all what is "script" .... I had many cases when used desc field and after showed the item people asked me to show script .... those people can be really annoying as well.

20. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

blech completely forgot about these. i was trading a socketed item with somebody, and it was on a mule so we went to a new game. i show him and i guess because of the blue text on it, he says 'that's magical' then leaves....................

ya ok