Thorns and Iron Maden

Hide

Diabloii.Net Member
Thorns and Iron Maden

I was thinking of using edge and bramble, then casting iron maden on guys, would this give me added thorn dmg? Also I was wonding how this would work if I had an iron golem, because they have thorns, not sure if it's an aura on just them or what.

jag

Diabloii.Net Member
i tried this build and i so wanted it to work -- but it just doesnt.

Ranged monsters not affect -- elemental attacks not affected.

By hell the physical damage dealt by monsters is minimal --

HYKO

Diabloii.Net Member
Hide said:
I was thinking of using edge and bramble, then casting iron maden on guys, would this give me added thorn dmg? Also I was wonding how this would work if I had an iron golem, because they have thorns, not sure if it's an aura on just them or what.
i dun think lv 21 thorns and lv 15 thorns can add to lv 36 thorns (dun quote me)
and it wouldn't be a good idea to stack iron maden becoz amp+thorns is so much more powerful
and yes iron golem has thorns aura that does not sharing with others....stingy little &(*&....

Hide

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm pretty sure they'll add, because dual dreams, etc all have auras, and they stack, so not sure why it would be any different with this. If you use amp does that increase the dmg returned?

HYKO

Diabloii.Net Member
Hide said:
I'm pretty sure they'll add, because dual dreams, etc all have auras, and they stack, so not sure why it would be any different with this. If you use amp does that increase the dmg returned?
yah i checked, they actually do. srry for my false info
yes amp x 2 the damage return
lv36 throns does 1650 return, x 2 thats 3300!!!
where as IM... if u max it and hv +20 skills, they do 1175 damage return
it's 2825 damage return with 20 skill spent..

its very obviously which one to go for, not to mention amp is more universal for + damage dealt to monsters.

FireIsForBadKids

Diabloii.Net Member
Hide said:

i think for RW arua's to stack they have to be the same slvl
not totally sure but i think that is right:brainiac:

Lord Nyax

Banned
Nope. They just have to be the same....Edge and Bramble do stack, so yah. The big problem with this is that Ranged and Elemental Attackers will take you so long to kill that you'll give up...

However, I can speak from personal experience as to the strength of Thorns + Amp. If you get those two auras stacked, and cast amp, anything that hits your monsters is gonna die really fast. Then you hit an Amp'd Archer pack and all your minions die and I laugh at you....and laugh...and laugh...

Kirah

Diabloii.Net Member
Lord Nyax is correct that they do stack however, if you want auras to stack they actually need to be on the same character. So if you wear the bramble and your merc has the edge bow, I don't think that they stack. If your merc wears both the bramble and the edge then the auras stack; same thing if you equip the bramble+edge combo.
For ranged opponents (archers, gloams), slap on Dim Vision and you'll force the enemy to move to hand-to-hand melee range to attack.

Good luck and good hunting!
Kirah

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, thorns auras from multiple sources does stack, but only if its on the same char (merc for example). As for the strength of dual thorns and amp, it is a very fast killer. Max out skeles and mages for dmg against ranged monsters (use tele stack), and against melee monsters you will rule. Lets see.... a hell pitlord has around 12k hp and deals dmg of around 120, doing around 3000% dmg return you will return at least 3700 dmg every time they hit. That means that each pitlord will only last for 4 of his own hits, thats impressive. As for the other monsters, you will need to rely on your skeles/merc to do the killing.