Thorns and Amplify Damage?

Krikke

Diabloii.Net Member
Thorns and Amplify Damage?

1. Does Amplify Damage increase the damage taken by monsters when they inflict the damage on themselves via Thorns
2. Is there a list of the Act 2 Mercenaries aura's levels? If not, then what level of Thorns can an Nightmare Act 2 Merc get?

Toppo

Diabloii.Net Member
Max Thorns level is 15. Of course you can raise this with +skills but that's the max natural points (if the place of the Amazons is correct).

robdylan

Diabloii.Net Member
I think you'll find that Might just generally works better than thorns, if you're looking for a merc for a necro. Basically, might increases the (already considerable) damage inflicted by the merc, whereas thorns is a factor of the monster's damage, which will be much lower.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Krikke said:
1. Does Amplify Damage increase the damage taken by monsters when they inflict the damage on themselves via Thorns
2. Is there a list of the Act 2 Mercenaries aura's levels? If not, then what level of Thorns can an Nightmare Act 2 Merc get?
1. Yes

2. There is, but I don´t know if I am allowed to link to it. Here are the merc levels required for the different levels of Thorns:

1 31
2 34
3 37
4 40
5 43
6 47
7 51
8 54
9 56
10 59
11 63
12 66
13 69
14 72
15 75+ (returns 810% damage)

Dark Warrior

Diabloii.Net Member
a .09 necro build

Back in the day I used to play a AMP/CE necro with a metal Golam..... I'd amp the group, send the golam(which had the Thorns aura) in then CE the dead and the amp would increase the CE as well.... But this was all in 09 too so I'm not sure how well it works in 1.10.

-DW

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
Thorns is a better choice for a magemancer than might, imo, but then you have to decide if you'd rather have that or prayer.