Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thorns amazon?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by lumpor, Jul 3, 2008.

1. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Thorns amazon?

How good would a thorns amazon be? I was thinking of using bramble, and using the spirit of barbs charges. Then have a Valk and a decoy, then strafe with a bow of amplify damage (or a witchwild string) to cast amp on the enemies, and they'd be damaged by thorns when they attack the decoy and Valkyrie. I don't really understand how thorns auras stack, but I know that spirit of barbs and the thorns from bramble stack. If I had an edge bow, would the damage be increased? Same thing with a thorns merc? I know thorns auras kinda died during the 1.10 patch, but with a good aura, amp damage and good tanks, I figured it could still be effective, or am I wrong? When the thorns aura won't work, it'll act as a normal strafer.

2. Thirteenth

Thirteenth IncGamers Member

Re: Thorns amazon?

Only if auras come from the same source they stack, exception of spirits.

So dont puyt things on ur merc... or put all of it on merc and use proper gear yourself.

3. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

1) Can't say for sure since I haven't played one, but waiting for enemies to attack to do damage is commonly not too fast of a killer.

2) Skill granting items in my sign should help.

3) Depends on your interpretation on the word effective. Better then waiting for the valk to kill things on her own surely, but slower then attacking them yourself with high damage. To a low damage setup it might do something to help. For highly twinked build you're probably not have enough monsters hitting your valk/merc for it to be of much use. Unless you twink your build to purely rely on it, your strafe might take an overhand and render it next to useless.

4. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Ok thanks. But I thought since decoy was such a punching bag and such, but I gues that it'll be too slow.

A shame that you've changed your avvy though. Even though it was a bit wierd, it was certainly fun to look at.

5. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

I might be a bit to deluded from playing my gunslinger to much (where my valk barely has to tank since I've got a high kill speed). You could try it anyway but I fear for what I mentioned, that your strafe might take an overhand if you get to strong.

Sorry about that, had bronze palship coming up for 6 months so wanted something fresh for that time :cloud9: