Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

This temp ban

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by jessee, Aug 22, 2010.

1. jessee

jessee IncGamers Member

This temp ban

Ok, so i got a temp ban because the baal games were too quick i guess and it's been a ****ing day and im still banned. Honestly it was my first day playing d2 in like 2 years and i get a day ban apparently for training too fast i suppose. Has anyone else got a temp ban yet? how long did it last because this one is a day and counting :rant:

2. Black Lotus

Black Lotus IncGamers Member

Re: This temp ban

I'm suspicious that the more login attempts you do, the longer ban lasts. I'd just off d2 client for a day if I were you. Anyway, try to minimize the number of login tries (do it less frequently).

3. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

most temp bans are ip bans, you can unplug your cable/dsl modem for a few seconds, then plug it in again
    if its a dynamic ip, it will be rerolled and youll be on a different internet ip

4. ormac

ormac IncGamers Member

I've had this ban a few times, because of switching games or chars too quickly. But they never lasted as long as yours, jessee. Usually 30 mins or so.

I agree with Black Lotus - as I don't have the luxury of a dyna IP - in that the length of your ban has to do with the frequency of login attempts. Maybe you should wait 10 minutes between every attempt?

5. kavlor

kavlor IncGamers Member

I do this but Im always weary about what I do once its reset as Ive known it to immediately ban again after a account/character swap as if its logging accounts that have been on the same IP.I feel as if the banning process is more complex than it appears even down to blocking you from certain games.

6. ormac

ormac IncGamers Member

7. Black Lotus

Black Lotus IncGamers Member

Nope, I run 2 cd-keys on the same IP, and once I get banned (can't connect to battle.net, check connection blah-blah-blah) with one key, the other client can't log in too.

8. ormac

ormac IncGamers Member

Hmm, so much for my assumptions :scratchchin: