Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

this talk of ES intrigues me.

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Superhal, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Superhal

Superhal Diabloii.Net Member

this talk of ES intrigues me.

i might make one soon... but, a few questions:

1. what is the minimum number of points put into es/tk that will make it effective? iirc, 1 es/20 tk was the recommended minimum, but anything lower?

2. any point in getting block + ES? imho, more points in nrg is way better than the extra points in dex. (for pvm, btw.)

2. lonnie913

lonnie913 Diabloii.Net Member

there is an energy sorceress guide that goes into some detail about maxing telekinesis and exactly what level of energy shield minimizes hp loss. (i cant remember just now, but i believe it was 30+ lvl energy shield). however the point of this build was to make a sorceress that would take almost NO hp damage, by having energy shield absorb 99% (or whatever % is the max) and using "damage reduced by X" items. that may not necessarily be what you are looking for.

3. Superhal

yes, you are right. i read the guide again, and it is so completely not what i am looking for. :)

4. Miladys-Knight

Miladys-Knight Diabloii.Net Member

You may be thinking about my Damage goes to Mana guide. It uses maxed TK and then ES between level 1 and level 14 (based on the amount of DTM equipment you are using) the way it is set up you lose NO mana from your mana ball from physical damage as it is replaced immediately by your DTM gear. The only thing you use mana for is casting your spells and absorbing some elemental attacks. With the maximum of level 14 ES set up you achieve an effective PDR of 71%. This is 21% higher than the cap on PDR equipment. There are also some magical and elemental attacks (gloam lightening for instance) that work with DTM. There is a post on the barb forum concerning what attacks (other than physical) go to mana.

5. Tank081

Tank081 Diabloii.Net Member

Lol, the thread tittle makes me laugh. Are u talking about my pvp light/es guide?

6. Superhal

hehe. no, there are several front page threads where the assertion is made: "any es sorc can beat any non-es sorc given equal skills."