This new Pal thing

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
This new Pal thing

I just mailed off my donation and I wanted to know how you get to be gold, silver etc. Does it all depend on how much you donate? What are the perks for each level?

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah... to get instant status, use the donation function in the User CP. You'll get a list of how much to donate for each level, and once you make the donation, you're instantly Pal'd at the level you selected.

But beware... platinum donation = ugly red name. Gold, silver and bronze result in gold, silver and bronze names.

How did everyone, anyone, find out this was enabled now? I'm surprised and a bit disappointed that there was no announcement or sticky about it, which makes me think perhaps it's still in the experimental/tweaking stage.
The only ones that seem to benefit from the color change are people who make a new donation now, I guess. I just donated a couple of weeks ago for a year in advance, I guess I don't get a cool color change unless I donate more.
I do kind of like yellow, though...but the bronze is pretty neat too.

LunarSolaris

Diabloii.Net Member
hehehe - look at it this way GPBH.... you are the only platinum member on the block. Though you'd think that platinum would be the coolest color of them all and the most desired by forum members. Whoda thunk gold would roxxors joo boxxorz!! :teeth:

And Zodiac... it's accessed through the user CP to get instant status as already mentioned. If you do it by clicking on the Pal donation button, you'll go through via the old method. I did it that way yesterday and then did the automated sytem today. As a result, I double donated for the month. I sent Elly a PM to work it out hopefully.

Lithium

Diabloii.Net Member
You don't need a credit card. You can make a paypal account, and deposit money in it through your bank, the instructions are on the paypal site. That's what I did.

LunarSolaris

Diabloii.Net Member
And the funny thing is... bronze even looks better than the platinum color.

I guess it pays to be a cheap bastard. ;)

I actually like the bronze color as well... but my guess is that there will be more tweaking in the not so distant future.