Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

This never happened before....

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by AndarielsBoobs, Mar 18, 2005.

1. AndarielsBoobs

AndarielsBoobs IncGamers Member

This never happened before....

Hey, I need some help. I've played through the game millions of times and never got stuck or had any trouble beating it, but this time I just got stuck all of a sudden and I can't figure out what the problem is. I'm on the 2nd quest of the 5th act (the barbarian rescue) and on my quest menu it says "You may not complete this quest. You must create a new character and start over". What the hell is this all about? I've completed every quest properly up to this point, I've talked with everybody, I've tried rescuing these guys over and over, but the final 5 refuse to come out of their cage and that's when I get that message. I'm really pissed off, cause I've done this so many times before without any problem, not to mention I've got a really badass character that's going to waste. :mad: Is this a technical problem? What's the deal? Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

i bet it says create new game and not a new character

3. ReZon

ReZon IncGamers Member

That's what I was going to say too heh

4. CoRRuPt-OnE

CoRRuPt-OnE IncGamers Member

yea try that or if it really comes down to it and you cant figure it out..... skip it?

5. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

That quest is supposed to fail when one or more captive barbarians die. It's really not that important, getting an act5 merc or the RalOrtTal. I'd say ignore and go on... in most cases act2 mercs are better and there are two other difficulties where you can still get act5 mercs from.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The guys normally don't get attacked, but they can be hit by enemy stray fire. Sometimes they don't leave the prison if you destroyed the door from a distance. You have to move near to the entrance. Until then they might just stand around and might get killed if they stand between you and a missile shooter aiming at you.

7. AndarielsBoobs

AndarielsBoobs IncGamers Member

That's just it! None of those barbarian guys get killed! And I'm smashing the gate open up close with a maul. It's an utter mystery!

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to skip it for now. I didn't know you could do that. But damn, I just hate leaving things unfinished, even if they aren't very important.

Thanks for your ideas anyway, RTB and krischan.

And oh yeah, thank you too, superdave and ReZon, for your quality input. I honestly don't know how I made it this far without you guys. Whenever I am having trouble, I'll be sure to come to you first for advice.

8. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Thats odd, I always seem to remember running up to their 'cages' and almost every monster directly around the cage was attacking them. Unless this was something that was fixed up after 1.07, but I seem to remember it happening on bnet too.

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Hmm, perhaps they really get purposely attacked. I make nearly all my quests solo, so the enemies might not live long enough to be able to kill one of them. It never occurred to me, I admit.

10. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

I have the exact same problem with an SP Asn. The quest will never complete no matter how many new games I make. And skipping it isn't an option because (unless things have changed recently) there is no ATMA, or other muling program, for Macs and I really want those runes.

Of course, I rarely play SP unless the net goes down.