Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

This military wife thing ain't easy...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Isolde212, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

This military wife thing ain't easy...

I got a call from Anakha today and he was in the hospital. He apparently has a hernia and needs surgery but they are going to wait until he finishes his training. I know it's nothing big but I just remember how I felt when I got the call. It literally scared me soo bad that I froze on the spot and my heart skipped a beat. I know that he can't hurt himself too bad just from his training but it just made me start thinking about the what if's. He was more worried about discoursing than his injury. I can see why after he's half way through and having to start all over again would suck.
    I had more sympathy today for all the other family members out there who's spouses, sons or daughters are overseas and have no idea what's going on most of the time. I feel stupid for feeling sorry for myself. I'm lucky I hear from him almost everyday. I know that it sounds so stupid to think like this. But I wish there wasn't need for military, I wish that people could just pull their heads out of their asses so that people would stop dying and getting hurt. Today was just a wake up call to the reality that millions of other people live with everyday army or not. It hurts to have to worry so much about someone and my pain is so minor compared to others.
    Even though I don't support the mission I think I have a deeper appreciation for what the soldiers and their families go through everyday. I support them.

2. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

I had an inguinal hernia when I was ~7 I think, it hurt like hell. Couldn't move at all with out being in pain.

I hope he makes it through without too much trouble, where is it exactly?

Anyway, you should post more and start joining the OTF chat, we miss you.

3. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

I don't know anymore about anything....yeah I haven't been in a chat in awhile and I try to post as often as possible.

4. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Hope your husband gets better soon. :flowers:

5. HockeyChic

HockeyChic Banned

Give Ski's and my best to him. Hope the surgery goes well. I can't imagine how those families with loved ones stationed overseas feel. I had a hard time when Ski would go places with the National Guard, like Italy for 2 1/2 weeks. I didn't know where he was most of the time or when I'd hear from him next. I hated it.

6. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

That must be terrible. You don't have to feel guilty about feeling bad for yourself, sure some people might have it worse but that's irrelevant. Hope things turn out well.

It sure would be nice if we didn't need a military, for all those reasons you mentioned.

7. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

I just got off the phone with him now. He seems to be feeling okay but is still tender. He finds out tomorrow if he's going to discourse. I'm just glad he's okay. I guess he was more pissed off about having to repeat his course than surgery. Thanks for all your support!

8. Module88

Module88 IncGamers Member

Yes, yes it is. Nothing could describe the difficulty American soldiers, and their families, are going through right now. Most people really can't grasp the concept of war. Plenty of people say it's horrible, but I doubt many of them really know how horrible it is. It's only a glimpse of what American families have had to go through because of Iraq. Could you imagine doing this for over a year at a time? In a place like Iraq? I have nothing but respect for soldiers, American or not. It's not easy for anyone.

9. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

It would suck to have to redo something really physical over something like this. They aren't really that bad, they just hurt a whole lot.

Anyway, I'm glad he is ok and hope to see his butt around more often soon.

10. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

Thank God I'm Canadian....I have more faith in the mission we fight than Iraq and have the satisfaction of knowing Anakha will never go there. But Afghanistan is becoming pretty dangerous for us over there as well.

11. Module88

Module88 IncGamers Member

Part of the hardship is fighting for missions you might not believe in. But it's just one sacrifice many military men and women make every day. For that, they deserve nothing than our utmost respect.

12. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Screw OTF chat, come back to our Vent server!

13. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Is he in Afghanistan? I wish him well, things are getting pretty hot over there right now.

14. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

But at least "support our troops" actually means something in Canada!

http://www.torontosun.com/News/Canada/2006/10/02/1935517-sun.html

15. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

Blessings to you and him.

16. MadMachine

MadMachine IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear about this Isolde, it must be really difficult for him to get so into it only to be delayed again.

Dondrei, from my understanding Anakha is in training (is it Officer training, Isolde?) in St. Jean-du-Richelieu Qc.

As for the Afghanistan thing, I agree that Canada should not be over there, but there is no one else to take our place. America is caught up in Iraq and if we pull out completely, I'd say that by the end of the week the Taliban will have publicly executed all the Afghani soldiers and taken power again.

@Durf: That rag always makes me laugh.

17. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

That's it...BOT Basic Officer Training, wow someone pays attention. Still playing the waiting game here....bah stupid army!

18. MadMachine

MadMachine IncGamers Member

I guess Regular Officer Training Program (ROTP) is something different then?

19. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

Not quite sure how it works. I know his course BOTC consists of IAP (Initial Assessment Period) and then Leadership training. I not sure. It all sucks anyway.

20. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Well, some of us can... :rolleyes: