Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"This Magic Ring does me no good."

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Borg1982, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Borg1982

Borg1982 IncGamers Member

"This Magic Ring does me no good."

WELL IT DOESN'T DO ME ANY GOOD EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Blizzard... lets get some serious rewards. Not just the 12 skill pts, 60 life and 15 stat points D2 offers.

2. Sein Schatten

Sein Schatten IncGamers Member

Re: "This Magic Ring does me no good."

lol. True. ;)
    IIRC, the class specific rewards were a bit better and more usefull. Since there are class specific quests, i think, the rewards will be good. At least I hope so.

3. lionheart

lionheart IncGamers Member

I agree, if they put them in let them make it at least worth our while to do them. Lets no make them just time fillers...

4. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

hehehe, VOUCH.

it always pissed me off that after saving his miserable hide, the best ormus can come up with is some trash ring he doesn't want anyway (because it's trash, d'uh)

and i've lost count of the number of blasted Imbues that have come back lacking only ONE damn vital mod...... (2sox/ed/10ias/+3ls/+3venom/+3fade greater talon in one case. where was the damn fools mod..... grrrrr)

i rekon we should be able to choose 3 of the six mods on an imbue and the rings Akara and Ormus give us should be at least useable.

edit: if i had a sig, i'd be sigging the OP about now....

5. poroboszcz

poroboszcz IncGamers Member

I believe they should decrease the randomness and increase the player's will in items customization somehow. For example let you specify the number of sockets you want on the item, some of the mods and so on. They can make the quests longer and cube recipes harder, but for that make the results more predictable. It's not so much fun to reroll a charm for a whole day or to shop for claws for few weeks.

6. Gamekk

Gamekk IncGamers Member

HAHAHA, nice one, even though i called it earlier when I read the title :p

I totally agree though, class quests should reward good leveling items, that's probably what will happen :p

7. lionheart

They should give a unique, something that makes sense according to the quest that you are doing. And the item should be playable at least so its worth your while, so its not just something that you do in utter boredom just to proceed in the next act...

8. yalthar

yalthar IncGamers Member

Yeah it would be cool if reward items really were rewards - something that would probably be very useful for levelling at the point where you get them.
    Not necessarily something of trade value.

9. mouseman

mouseman IncGamers Member

Yeah small wonder why people skip the quests and go straight to boss runs :)

Wouldn't it be great if you would get an unique ring from Akara for reward in Q3 in Hell? You get magic in normal, rare in nightmare, so why not unique in hell? :)

10. Fizh

Fizh IncGamers Member

Lol, the exact same thing i say everytime he gives me that ring :b

11. Gorema

Gorema IncGamers Member

My feelings exactly :yes:

I remember almost smashing my keyboard and mouse in rage when I got the "This Magic Ring does me no good message"

Went from neutral to extremely pis*** off in 0.2 seconds :p

12. Borg1982

I hate you ormus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. lionheart

Mehh you start to ignore the guy after u have been disappointed the first two times lol after that you know its crap and u take it and just sell it for the heck of it

14. Borg1982

It's like.... yeah Ormus, thanks for the 1000 gold I'm about to get FROM YOU for the ring you just gave me which will be sold back to you anyway.

15. mince pies

mince pies IncGamers Member

I think it should be like this: a few random side quests per act that are different for each character and you get a unique class specific item that is only available through that quest

16. deadbeater

deadbeater IncGamers Member

Yes, Blizzard, don't do @ss drops, please, especially from imbues and rewards from npcs. No fighter in his right mind goes to hell, or normal for that matter, with a stamina ring. Don't make me feel like the name-changing chief on 'The Secret Show'.

17. nicro tower

nicro tower Diablo: IncGamers Member

for quests like that you should get a unique ring that relates to the act, for example using the ormus quest as an example (woah akward wording), Ormus should give you a ring that say, comes from the Eastern mage clans or something, and it should get better depending on difficulty levels.

18. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

one thing i would love to see in d3 is multiple rolls on any item quest reward. for instance, if the quest reward is a rare ring, the game will roll 3 seperate rare rings and let you pick which one of the 3 you want. this should give players a better chance to get something usefull.

19. noticks

noticks IncGamers Member

Good Idea, but since 9 out of 10 (99 out of 100 - whatever) are trash, I say give it at least 10 rolls and you only get to choose one.:thumbup:

20. AlexanderM

AlexanderM IncGamers Member

I think, given the way rewards work in WoW, it's likely we'll see an option between two or more rewards, randomly generated or set, I couldn't call. In Diablo 1 there were set quests with set rewards (Harlequin crest, Arkane's Valor, Undead Crown, Butcher's Cleaver, etc.), the items had no trade value, because everyone could get them (and duping was rampant, but that's beside the point), and they simply served as decent middle-ground equipment.

I think getting to pick your imbues would be unbalancing, even if it was just one mod you got to pick. The reason it is in act I is to provide the player with a (sometimes) decent rare item of their own choosing. Can you imagine if you were gambling circlets and you were able to check a box that said "all rares will have +2 to paladin skills", it'd be madness, everyone would save all three imbues till high level, and make themselves godly items, which simply isn't the intent. Picking the number of sockets would be unbalancing, but only for the fact that runewords are so powerful. If it weren't for runewords, there'd be no question, it'd all ways be "As many as the item can have!".

Ormus has been mean to me many times, though he did give my claw assassin in nightmare a dual-leech ring with nice mods :D (1:100 sounds about right, lol)

Note: Just realized Blizzard already did give the "generate rares with set desired prefixes" with crafting, granted it's limited to very specific items, but apparently they have considered it before.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008