Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

this is what i am planning ; things you would change? ifra

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by aragorn-18, Apr 7, 2005.

1. aragorn-18

aragorn-18 Banned

this is what i am planning ; things you would change?

hi guys,

i was planning on making a zeal paladin and i have a plan worked out in my head, i want you guys to discuse it with me if you want. So what you would change and why, because i am pretty damn new to the paladin built :). thx

skills:

fanaticism 20
    zeal 20
    sacrifice 20
    holy shield 20

don't know what skills to use more?

gear:

helm: shako + P diamond
    armor: fortitude
    weapon: Last wish
    Shield: herald of zakarum + um
    Belt: arachnid
    Amulet: mara's 28
    Rings: 1 soj and 1 bk ring 5
    gloves: ????????????
    boots: ?????????????

Mercanary:

helm: upgraded vampire gaze
    weapon: pride
    Armor: leviathan

will this builld rule in hell? and what will you change?

2. EdvinMedvind

EdvinMedvind IncGamers Member

I general you really need some ias. How much is needed depends on what weapon you made your 'Last Wish' in. 4fpa zeal is a must if you ask me. One way of getting more ias is using Andy's face for helm (here you also get some life leech). It is really ugly but it works. You can also get 20% more by changing the amu to highlord's wrath (that also gives ekstra % chance of deadly strike and more). You can also get ekstra 10% IAS by using nosferatu's coil as belt, but if you have enough ias from other sources I think Verdungo's is better. I would normally suggest Dracul's grasp for gloves, but since you have chance to cast life tap on your weapon it might not be needed. Other options would be Steelrends (ED and crushing blow) or LoH (ias and tons of ED vs demons). Gorerides are a great option for boots (crushing blow and deadly strike). I don't see the use for a SoJ for a zealot so that could be changed to a Raven Frost (cannot be frozen is a must). The Bul-Kathos ring might be changed for a good rare dual leech ring.

3. Jerion

Jerion IncGamers Member

What in God's name is a perfect diamond doing in your Shako? :confused: It seems that you're pretty rice so i suggest ditching the shako and going for a CoA.

Skills that are nice would be defiance if you needed for defence, or blessed aim for its passive bonus to AR.

4. commandercool

commandercool IncGamers Member

just so you know p diamond doesnt gives resists in a helm(i forget what it does do in helm) if thats what you were thinking then i would switch the p diamond to the hoz for resists and the um to the shako for resists, unless they are both already socketed in the items :) and like jerion said if you are rich enough and have the str then CoA is probably a better choice.

5. Tastychiken_europe

Tastychiken_europe IncGamers Member

P.diamond gives ar against undead if i dont remember it wrong :thumbsup:

6. Raistlin_Majere

Raistlin_Majere IncGamers Member

Actually its 100 ar :D (see http://www.diabloii.net/items/misc/gems-d2x.shtml)

It gived ed vs. undead in a weapon :p

Speaking of weapons - why last wish. Its so damn expensive and there's better (and cheaper) options out there!

7. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

After you put points in to all your skills put the rest in to difance or blessed aim.

8. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

i got a couple for next to nothing... i think they're great... at ctc fade (but i guess spirit ward is better)... i just go out and chill in a field letting fallen hit me until i get a nice little barb/pally ghost goin. looks messed up when your str glitching

9. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

for the price of a last wish zerker you arent faroff a decent clean 2os coa. i'd ditch arach for a dungo or a nos coil (or hell even a credendum). also if you plan on sticking with a act 2 merc and last wish... make sure its a aim or defiance merc... because might dont stack brother. unless your last wish crazy ditch it for a grief, botd, or even a doom. a grief phase will give you more flexibility since reaching that last fps zeal bp will be much easier. for boots you'll probably want a nice pair or gores (in my oppinion), or a pair of eth treks. for gloves if you need ias lavagouts, and laying of hands are the best, otherwise get dracs... ctc lifetap is stupid good, also bloodfists are sweet too (especially a double upped pair).