Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

this is starting to completely suck

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by DarkwingDuck, Mar 21, 2004.

1. DarkwingDuck

DarkwingDuck IncGamers Member

this is starting to completely suck

its rant time kids

mods may choose to lock this, i do not care

ive given 1.10 alot of patience and time

ive adjusted my character builds to work with increased difficulty and skill changes

and ya know what, i am sick and tired of the economy

the precious ladder is so f'ed up it's not funny

i bust my *** for 3+ weeks magic finding manually while guys run bots 24/7

in those 3+ weeks of effort i manage to aquire enough gear to trade for runes to trade for sojs, to further trade to build a nice BOTD runeword. and ya know what I get for my effort? Not a god damn thing.

I waste 3 sojs making my BOTD Etheral Zerker, for it to come out a lowly 375% ed. I can't even get the 3 sojs I put into it, let alone profit off of it. How f'ed up is this? You bust your butt to get the materials to make something and it comes out like complete ***.

and don't even get me started on how BROKEN melee is

I'm sorry but when a Hammerdin can come in and do 15,000 damage PER hammer thats only stoppable my Immune to Magic, whereas a Melee character with the best one handed (gotta use that shield if you wanna live..) BOTD barely cranks out 4000 damage....something is f'ed up. I know you're thinking with most melee characters having something to do multiple attacks quickly (fury, zeal, frenzy, etc) it adds up the damage just as quickly as a Hammerdin or Sorc right? Try again. That's assuming you actually HIT you target. You'd think 12,000 Attack Rating would yield a nice to Hit percentage, sure a nice 71% on Hell Baal. It's lovely to see some Spellcaster come up and cast a spell that goes straight through defense, doesn't require a To Hit calculation (AR) and always lands.

And Gloams, god I love these things. Some D2 dev member must have been on some pcp when he had this idea "lets make a monster group in packs, shoot long range lightning that even with full resists still manages to damn near cripple you". I know you're thinking, "well your build isn't accomodating them", 85% lightning resist and 20% absorb and they still can take my 4000 HP druid down to half life in 4 or 5 shots from a pack.

And the exploding Stygian Dolls, awesome monster. Good concept, a kamikaze. Not a problem for spellcasters, just kill him before he's in range. For us Melee's again, by the time their in range they are in the process of exploding and taking you with them. I've seen Barbs with max resistance, a good % of Dmg Reduce and over 20k Defense die in one Doll explosion. Not a boss pack doll, a regular old run-up-in-your-face-BOOM type of Doll

I know your thinking "omg stfu newb". I've been playing since D1, I've played legit since D1. The ladder economy has been screwed more than Britney and Christina combined since the Rune dupe. Hell you can't even do questing games in peace without 4 spam bots joining at once advertising some D2 site selling items via paypal ran by some 12 year old in the boondocks of some suburb town making a fortune off of binary code others seem to despertely want for actual cash.

It reminds me Logans Run, for those of us old enough to remember a sci fi classic. We've been playing so long we actually want a time for renewal, to start clean. The precious ladder was supposed to do this but alas we're left begging for sanctuary from the very thing we want our previous freedom from.

// end rant

2. Ferrous

Ferrous IncGamers Member

Now that's a good rant. That's the one thing that always bothered me....the weapons that could be used as either long range or hand to hand always had a higher damage for ranged attacks. That bugs me to no end...so I use characters who aren't quite as item dependent for those types.....

Melee should be by rights a lot stronger. Butchers on the playing field...or at least have some good whopping defensive techniques...which don't seem to do justice as they stand.

3. Ridureyu

Ridureyu IncGamers Member

Do you mean more than they've been screwed since the rune dupe, or more that they've been screwed in total?

4. DarkwingDuck

DarkwingDuck IncGamers Member

either way its alot

5. Ridureyu

Ridureyu IncGamers Member

But still, I mean, we're talking about a difference of a power of ten, here!

6. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

1: Dunno why you're crying about 375ed on a eth zerker, thats not bad at all. not a big diff in dmg from a perf one.
    2:4k life druid with 20 absorb and 85 res dieing in 4 hits? Sorry, but thats bs, my barb with 75 res/5k life and no absorb can take at least 10 hits.
    3: Dolls I agree, they can kill some of my weaker melee chars, others they don't really hit or do much dmg.
    4: I agree with the rest pretty much, but heres what you should do:
    Quit the game, honestly I see no point in playing it if you think its so screwed, I don't play it anymore because its and old game and its always going to be bugged/hacked/bot'd etc...

if you disagree and say it's not enough to quit, its not enough to cry about then.

7. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Instead of complaining, quit, shut up, and do something else. Perhaps something useful.

If you don't want to quit then, now that you have this out of your system, learn to deal with/work around these problems and enjoy the game. I know I do.

8. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Or you can do like me...

Ignore the economy completly.

Yes, it is possible.

9. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

HEh.. and the 352% Eth zerker i busted my *** to get, i thought that was bad, and dracoy's 351% those are incomparible to the **** you got dropped with

10. th5418

th5418 Banned

Well okay. Since you dont like it dont play. Get a life, its a game.

11. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

I have to agree. This is a game and you seem to be frustrated to the point of which you are taking things waaaaay to seriously. I think it's time to take a break and do something else for awhile. :uhhuh:

12. Dragonflyg1

Dragonflyg1 IncGamers Member

Calm down with the "If you don't like it get out" crap. You're reminding me of those conservatives who used say this to the protesters against the war in Iraq...

13. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Protesting a war and crying about a game that you can quit so easily are two different things here...

14. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Actually I think complaining about a 375% BOTD makes the author sound a bit spoiled. There are lots of people who will never even see that runeword.

15. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

what the hell are you on about?

You rant about 1.10 problems...yet you blame it on a messed up economy...what the hell does imbalances in the classes have to do with the economy.

And the economy isn't f..ed up.

16. th5418

th5418 Banned

"NOo! I made a etheral BotD runeword and so sucky ED!!!!!!"
    Guess what, I will never see a zod rune.

17. SquareRootOfBob

SquareRootOfBob IncGamers Member

The Paladin you mentioned would have to be built extremely well to do that damage, and the barbarian you talk about would have to be built extremely poor. My friend's BotD barb does 10k damage.

Also, you don't need a shield to survive. My lvl 92 barb uses 2 azurewraths, has about 5k life, and maxed resistances in hell. He survives just fine.

18. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

It would have to be berserk or concentration, not whirlwind.

19. ScruffyhawkIII

ScruffyhawkIII IncGamers Member

atleast you had "fun" before you decided to quit. oh well, less lag for me.

20. SquareRootOfBob

SquareRootOfBob IncGamers Member

His whirlwind still does 6 or 7k.