Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

This is my thanks?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Arkardo, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

This is my thanks?

Nothing new to you people. But for me this is...

A friend of mine asked me to tombrun him, so he made an open game and the people start coming in. I used my Skelliemancer, figuring he'd kill fast for fast experience. I've never runned anyone anywhere anyhow before and some people were asking me weird questions all the time, so I didn't go as fast as some of those higher level Paladins/Sorceresses would...

Anyway, this level 77 (I think) Amazon comes in the game and starts spamming "necro you noob" and "necro kill your man". I was like wtf. I continued on. At some point he hostiled me and attacked. I left the game, because I was completely unprepared and not even PvP to begin with.

What the hell? I'm sacrificing my free time to help others and THIS is my thanks? Why are some of the people on Bnet "this way" (figuring the word filter would take the word out anyway)? Sometimes I'd wish I could just teleport to those people and beat the crap out of them...

As a little compensation, I did get a Mal rune from the Countess earlier this evening. :azn:

2. nicro tower

nicro tower Diablo: IncGamers Member

some people are just retards and complete pain in the arse...

3. jag

jag IncGamers Member

gotta love the bnetters -- no matter what they have the god-given right to complain about something....

4. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

you do realize summon necros cause tons of lag?
    sometimes when you play a necro it's better to play support, if you see a bowzon with good dmg then you don't need 50 summons, just amplify all monsters instead and use like 5 summons

faster and smoother

5. jag

jag IncGamers Member

omg - this turns into a bash necro for lag thread?

I have never had a problem playing a necro or playing with necros in the game with lag -- 99% of the problems seem to be people with older computers that cant handle the graphics anyways....

This guy started the game with his necro -- if you come in and dont like his summons -- you are welcome to leave. If you start your own game and want to make silly rules for the necros, all the power to you....

6. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Oh no please, not this pointless argument again...
    If your computer lags, buy a faster one, but please don't ask the other people to stop playing because YOU lag... :undecided:

7. ZeeXThree

ZeeXThree IncGamers Member

If your computer can't handle it, go into Diablo's video setup and go from 3d to 2d.

8. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Agreed. My summon necro never lags, even with his crapload of minions. Even when I use him to play with my friends, it doesn't lag.

9. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

A lot of times people don't even lag...my Necro doesn't, even when he's got his full host of 18 mages, 12 skellies, 31 revives, 55k life golem, and Merc...that's a LOT of minions. I think people complain just because they think they should...they don't even check to see if there is lag. It's like a reflex. You see a skeleton, you shout "Omg necro noob no summons you noob i kill you".

10. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

just wanted to say that if someone says to stop making more summons he probably has a very good reason for that... and a lot of necros just continue summoning more, even in games where it's clear summons are not needed
    is it so hard to adapt to situations ?

i do play in 3d mode though, mostly because i prefer 16bit color mode over 256 color or whatever the difference is, 3d looks much nicer
    my comp is good enough as well, 2500+, 1gig, 9800pro

11. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

It's less work for you computer to do all of the AI for your summons on your computer than to recieve that data from b.net (via someone else's computer).
    Not to mention there's really only two speeds for Diablo2: voodoo card (fast) or no voodoo card (slow).

12. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

#1 she was already looking for an argument when she joined. Why else would a lvl 77 join a tombs game in what I'm assuming was normal mode?

#2 Always expect the unexpected from the average bnetter when it comes to rudness. yesterday I was helping a friend with baal runs in normal. Nice pleasant group too which surprised me since these were pub games. This one paladin asked me a question about my sorc's lite dmg. I answered him and he asked something else. At this point this other sorc's reply to his question was the "you noob" comment which I found to be rather insulting as well. So I "politely" explained to her where the next lite attack would hit if she continued with the insults. After the others stopped laughing she became rather agreable lol.

13. jag

jag IncGamers Member

hmmm -- tell barbs not to ww -- tell assassins to stop trapping -- tell sorcs to cut out using lightning.

I dont tell anyone else how to play -- why should necros have to take it all the time is not fair.

Having played necros -- its a matter of life and death to have your minions at full strength. Why is the necro asked to stand naked and do nothing? Most necros have crap armor, so-so resistances and no way to fight anything unless they have summons.

hopping off :soapbox:

14. k/t

k/t Banned

So make a PvP char and the next time an idiot gives you grief, humiliate and nk him over and over. Don't forget to squelch him and then spam "thx 4 koinz noob" over and over.

15. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

leo nobody really has a problem adapting i don't think =). with my nec i usually avoid summons in a baal run because mainly i don't wanna deal with the ppl that scream 'OMG NUB NECRO!!!!1!!! LAGZ!!!! UNSOMMUN!!!111!'. I won't listen if ppl are rude about it. if i am asked politely about it, i'll unsummon/won't summon, no problem. the reason they continue to summon is probably cause somebody is sitting there yelling at him to stop.

so in short, i think summoners don't so much have a problem with not summoning, as they do with the way ppl act about summons.

16. k/t

k/t Banned

If they're rude about summons, get all your summons out then start Prisoning/Walling everything in sight.

Hmm...what happens if you leave party and use Maiden on monsters? You have to be hostile for the other people to kill themselves on it?

17. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

well if you cast it on the monsters they'd only hurt themselves. you'd have to actually cast it on the other players.

18. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

2D and 3D should not have colour differences. 3D should actually create "depth" preceptions. I supposed Blizz's display algorithm is flawed in 3D, or MS screwed up their direct 3D. It's not only summons, too. I mean, heck, Crystalline Passage mini-map causes lag on my sorc on 3D. But when I have 20+ summons out and spam nova like mad, there is no lag is 2D (there is in 3D though).

19. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

necros can summon all they want. I don't care if they cause lag. They have a right to play the game.

And especially if you made the game, then you have all the priority in the world.

Nevertheless, thats a con of playing summoner in bnet. People will always complain about lag.

20. k/t

k/t Banned

Huh?

10 chars