This has to be one of the best drops in D2 history... ifra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masas

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't believe him, I never trust 'godly' bnetters.
It's just like making a claim that you play 1.07 with your 1.09 meteor/nova sorc, with CoH, and have just racked a windforce (all of these contradict with each other).

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
isengart said:
this is the SPF - and as long as this guy does not want to MP with me or trade with me that is OK, even if he is a haxxor and created the lvl 99 with 25k MF on.

IMHO mods are here to keep an eye on the rules of this board and I can remember an attitude of this SPF (I have been a long time lurker before I registered) that sounded like: do what you want on your own PC but if you want to take part in MP, trades or other kinds of interactivity stay clean and don't try to fool others.
Nothing personal here (so please don't take it wrong way), I have to use edge's claim this time, so sorry if you take it offensive Edge.

Before this thread went too far, there are couple of points I should point out:

1) regardless I (or anyone else) trust him or not, he wants to trade here, check his other thread. I don't trade or MP, so it has nothing to do with me; but trade/MP with hacked items/char will affect every legit player who does trade and MP. Mods do have the "job" for this.
2) trade/MP with hacked char/item does break the rules.

Asmodeous

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmmm.

And that pretty much summarizes why I retired my v1.09 sorceress, at level 97.6.
Join any multi player game and watch the accusations fly.

Its bad enough when any of my paladins join a multi player game. I guess it isnt a problem when It is other players that know me and how long I have been around, but every now and then it gets awkward when I join a multi player game with a griswold set paladin, ik set barb, schaeferdin or windy zon.

people are quick with accusations before checking the facts.

There are a couple of soser builds from v1.09 that could work in v1.10. The forb/meteor soser is basically a v1.09 build. A level 99 soser with nova/meteor probably has maxxed meteor, nova and the two masteries. With the extra points, building up fireball is very logical. He could have a mean fireball/meteor combo, and relies on his merc plus weak nova for anything fire immune.

It could be possible.

Edge666

Banned
This really is getting out of hand. I posted this thread so that people that weren't so narrow minded might make something of this. No one ever said you had to believe it, but I know I found these items and everything about my characters are legit, that's really all I need.

And Sint Nikolaas I'm not taking anyones criticism too hard, it's simply a matter of belief.

Just remember, opinions are opinions, and an opinion doesn't make something true just because you believe it. But seriously everyone, give it a rest. You all accuse like a horde of little children - don't take that as flaming, I'm just pointing it out that a little maturity is needed in these situations.

EDIT: Would anyone like me to post in stats and fingerprints via ATMA to help you sleep easier?

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
Edge666 said:
I don't know if he visits anymore but Fallen_62 has been one of my buddies on battle.net for the 3 or 4 years we played obsessively. We used to know Garbad_the_Weak, he might remember me as I took over an account of a very wealthy player, a pretty good friend of his. I know every build and trick in the book so like everyone else is saying, don't go assuming, and don't judge a book by its cover! I hope that clears up any more doubts in people unperfect minds...
name dropping isn't a way to gain trust. it's just name dropping.
Telling us you know 'every build & trick' doesn't impress us. there are hundreds of builds and thousands of tricks. we all know lots of them. None of us know all of them (well RTB maybe but he's a mutant or something). stop trying to impress us. this isn't Bnet.

somethingsin

Diabloii.Net Member
I for one am a very trusting person...

As far as I'm concerned there's nothing really wrong with his story, but then' i don't have any converted .09 characters...

btw, has anyone ever thought about making a char in .09, levelling according to a .10 build and then converting to 1.10 when you reach lvl 99?
could work right?

Snuva

Diabloii.Net Member
I've thought about it, but I think it would be like a bit like cheating so I decided to not to do it. Too much trouble anyway and I enjoy playing my lvl 87 chars :). Need to watch out for deaths so no exp loss, that thrill would be all gone too if I had lvl 99 char.

Gohanman

Diabloii.Net Member
I think some people need to back up and take a deep breath.

He claims to have found one TC87 and four fairly middle range items. This is NOT that unbelievable.

He claims to be playing a level 99 1.09 sorc, Nova/Meteor. So what? Nightfish beat 1.10 with a FO/Nova sorc back in the early days of 1.10 (maybe even the beta) just to prove that you COULD make it with a 1.09 build.

Harbor private suspicions? Keep a close eye on what the guy says? Sure, I can understand that completely. But he hasn't really said anything yet that strikes me as flat out incriminating.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
gohanman said:
I think some people need to back up and take a deep breath.

He claims to have found one TC87 and four fairly middle range items. This is NOT that unbelievable.

He claims to be playing a level 99 1.09 sorc, Nova/Meteor. So what? Nightfish beat 1.10 with a FO/Nova sorc back in the early days of 1.10 (maybe even the beta) just to prove that you COULD make it with a 1.09 build.

Harbor private suspicions? Keep a close eye on what the guy says? Sure, I can understand that completely. But he hasn't really said anything yet that strikes me as flat out incriminating.
Yes, but if he knows every trick in the game and has 2 Jahs, then why did he bother to make a thread that he found several exceptionals and 2 useless green elite weapons?
In addition he made another thread claiming that he has large number of high runes and he gambled Kiras and Highlords in half an hour.
These made me really suspicious too. This behaviour is a behaviour of attention seeking hacker.

Gohanman

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry 'bout that, hadn't got to his rune-trading thread yet. I take back everything I said.

Jah'd GF... :uhhuh:

Darkwell

Diabloii.Net Member
Gohanman said:
But is the 99 sorc his, as he claims.

From his first post in March 04.

"I haven't really looked around the forums too much and just started playing single player (with the help of my brother 99 mf sorc)."

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
so the 'converted 1.09' lvl 99 sorc isn't even his, so there is no way to know it's legit since he admits he didn't get her to lvl 99, someone else (allegedly) did. Sorry, this just ain't adding up for me. sounds like a 16 year-old Bnetter trying to impress us (and failing miserably)

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
necrolemming said:
Just out of curiosity, was that you who joined one of our dueling games with a lvl 99 sorc using 6-ist crystal sword about a week ago?
Actually that was me.

All j00r bas3 are belong to Serdash.

So back on topic.

Instead of sitting here and yelling at someone and making assumptions and blah blah blah ect. Maybe you guys should just jam on that little report button, give a full, complete explanation in it, and send. Then leave the thread alone. And a full commplete explanation is not, "Hacker, bankthx."

That way people don't get angry. And it's not all weird.

Darkwell

Diabloii.Net Member
Serdash said:
Instead of sitting here and yelling at someone and making assumptions and blah blah blah ect. Maybe you guys should just jam on that little report button, give a full, complete explanation in it, and send. Then leave the thread alone. And a full commplete explanation is not, "Hacker, bankthx."

You take all the fun out of it. Besides, AE and krem were both here 30 min. ago and nobody got spanked. If E666 wasn't trading, I wouldn't care what he did or claimed.

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Serdash said:
And you laughed when I said that you could be a voice for reason. I hereby declare myself proved right! :cool:

all of your r3450n r belonging to me!1

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
Edge666 said:
17 thank you :D but seriously, don't flatter yourself.
you mean you're not trying to impress us? so the comment about knowing every build and every trick was because you actually believe that you do?

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
whomhead said:
And you laughed when I said that you could be a voice for reason. I hereby declare myself proved right! :cool:

all of your r3450n r belonging to me!1
Hush, whommy.

Don't make me pull this thread over!

We'll turn it around and go home right now!

Is that what you want?

See what you've made me do? Now I've hijacked it and it'll probably get locked due to swaying way off the original topic.

*sigh*

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
I think everyone's had a chance to weigh in on this. Time to give it a rest.

I've sent Edge666 a PM - you can all back off, ok?

*wishes Edge would have used the Item Find Thread...*

Status
Not open for further replies.