This has to be one of the best drops in D2 history... ifra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge666

Banned
necrolemming said:
So it's a 1.09 lvl 99 eh?

So why are you trying to make CoH?

Are you planning on giving the TUB response "I didn't know what version we were playing?"

Edit @ Killian: Exp penalties kick in after lvl 70. By lvl 85, you're only earning 25% of the total exp, and by lvl 89, only ~8% of the exp.

I don't understand what you mean lemming...? elaborate?

Edge666

Banned
necrolemming said:
Well...

You have a 1.09 sorc that you're playing in 1.10? is that what you mean?

Because you can't make CoH in 1.09.
Oh lol, yeah, I may be slow, but I'm not stupid :D

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
killian27 said:
is clvl 99 really that hard to achieve? im only on my second character, the first was a pally, and i left him in act 1 nightmare cause he wasnt doing it for me. my second a frenzy barb... and with much help from this forum, he is now surviving act 1 hell whilst kicking some arse at clvl 77(so far) :thumbsup:

i guess i was assuming i would keep playing him until 99... is it gonna be as impossible as finding a zod...

somebody tell me whats up

p.s. ive only ever played on 1.10
The problem is, once you get to higher levels there is an experience penalty. So, at level 91, you only earn ~5% of the exp the monsters are worth. There is also the issue that there is a penalty if you are not within 5 levels of the monster level. At higher levels, you only have a few targets that won't be affected by this penalty.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/experience.shtml

I'm not sure that everything on that website is correct for SP, but it will give you the general idea. (I think in SP, the equation for levels 1-25 always apply, but I can't remember why I think that...)

Edit: Waaaay too slow...

killian27

Diabloii.Net Member
Cattleya said:
The problem is, once you get to higher levels there is an experience penalty. So, at level 91, you only earn ~5% of the exp the monsters are worth. There is also the issue that there is a penalty if you are not within 5 levels of the monster level. At higher levels, you only have a few targets that won't be affected by this penalty.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/experience.shtml

I'm not sure that everything on that website is correct for SP, but it will give you the general idea. (I think in SP, the equation for levels 1-25 always apply, but I can't remember why I think that...)

Edit: Waaaay too slow...
Thanks! Slightly discouraging, but at this point imma try anyway. Prolly just start a new char in between. Long live VLADIMIR the Barb!!!!!!11111

SincereX13

Diabloii.Net Member
necrolemming said:
Well...

You have a 1.09 sorc that you're playing in 1.10? is that what you mean?

Because you can't make CoH in 1.09.
Right and if you made your Sorc in 1.09 the build is probably not suited for 1.10 as 1.09 sorcs are i'll equip for 1.10

Jaimes

Diabloii.Net Member
About when does exp start to *really* slow down? I got to 85 quite easy on my B-net blizzard sorc. I do Meph runs until about 60% exp, and then Baal run the rest of the level through, which only takes a few runs to get the next level.

Gohanman

Diabloii.Net Member
Around level 90 is where I find things really start to tail off. Around there you start getting diminishing returns on all the normal alvl 85 monsters.

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Jaimes said:
About when does exp start to *really* slow down? I got to 85 quite easy on my B-net blizzard sorc. I do Meph runs until about 60% exp, and then Baal run the rest of the level through, which only takes a few runs to get the next level.
Start from lvl90, things will get a lot slower than you think. once you hit lvl92, your exp bar will seem like freeze. It takes a hell long time to reach lvl99 in SP. even in 1.09, lvl99 isn't easy, I had a lvl98 char before, I almost quit the game because of it (bored to death).

Cormallon

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi Edge,
Congrats on your finds. But as you may already have recognized, people here are a bit edgy when it comes to high character levels, runes and finds. I looked for an intro thread but didn't find any. In your melee tourney thread you said you weren't playing D2 for a while. Perhaps it is a good idea to reintroduce yourself and tell us what and how you play, what chars you have and in which version of D2 these were made, what kind of playing experience you have and so on. Doing so would surely clarify what you did and what not and you'll avoid all these (unspoken) accusations.
-Cormallon

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
cryist said:
Good grief every one, you all know he never stated weither he has a converted 1.09 char or not, hell i even had a lvl 99 zon but that was on Bnet and it was pre 1.10, so give him a break and don't ASSUME becuase every know what happens when you ASSUME, his is a 1.10 char.[/color]
this is the end result of ASSUMING

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm afraid the "assuming" is almost certainly correct. I really wish that lvl99 is legit.

AE/Krem, where are you??? Can someone clear this whole mess here?

isengart

Diabloii.Net Member
DeathMaster said:
I'm afraid the "assuming" is almost certainly correct. I really wish that lvl99 is legit.

AE/Krem, where are you??? Can someone clear this whole mess here?
just a quick question: what do you need a board moderator for here? It is you own decision if you believe edge666 or not. No moderator, policeman, soldier or other cruel person that has might in any way can take this decision off you, so why do you call for the cavalry?

I for my part don't believe it but nonetheless: grats on on the finds. they are great

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
isengart said:
just a quick question: what do you need a board moderator for here?
its what we pay them for :D

But this sort of situation is exactly why we have mods. im not pointing any figures here but suspicious situations like this need to have the truth ascertained about them which is why we have AE and Krem

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
And that little exclamation mark at the top right of every single goddamn post on this forum is the way to yank the mods' chains if you want to get their attention.

I'm tired of seeing the "oh look a logical hole in the new guy's claims!" crew jump into every single intro thread in here. It's especially tiring when these posts come from the same kind of people who are likely to whine about the "good old days" and how much nicer they were.

I know who made that nice atmosphere of the past go away.

isengart

Diabloii.Net Member
corax said:
its what we pay them for :D

But this sort of situation is exactly why we have mods.
I don't think, the mods are here to confirm you in your doubts about any suspicious individual. and basically that is what you are asking for. - you assume, accuse and then call for mods to confirm your assumptions and accusations. (that is not you individually corax, it is targeted at the attitude of some SPF members here)

this is the SPF - and as long as this guy does not want to MP with me or trade with me that is OK, even if he is a haxxor and created the lvl 99 with 25k MF on. - he tells us what has happened to him in his single play. - do what you want with the information he provided but please don't call for mods every 5 posts. this behaviour is very kindergarten-like to me.

IMHO mods are here to keep an eye on the rules of this board and I can remember an attitude of this SPF (I have been a long time lurker before I registered) that sounded like: do what you want on your own PC but if you want to take part in MP, trades or other kinds of interactivity stay clean and don't try to fool others.

I for my part will not join the people that keep pointing fingers at others at each single possibility.

just let them do what they want and call for mods if they break rules but please don't call for mods just to confirm your pointed fingers.

and I believe this is the meaning of what our mods (can't remember if it was AE or Krem) have posted recently. - don't bother them with stuff like this, it is not their job.

Edge666

Banned
An introduction? I spose that would be wise... Yes, I've been out of the D2 loop for quite a while, my level 99 character is after all a 1.09 character as I pointed out. Nova and meteor. You all make it sound like this magic find run was a walk in the park for me too, fat chance! I've been playing this game on and off basically since it came out... give or take a few months, I started playing single player for a while and then converted to battle.net where I assumed a few years of play and as well assumed quite a godly status as far as items go. I've always been a legit player and some people on this forum can clarify that for you... I don't know if he visits anymore but Fallen_62 has been one of my buddies on battle.net for the 3 or 4 years we played obsessively. We used to know Garbad_the_Weak, he might remember me as I took over an account of a very wealthy player, a pretty good friend of his. I know every build and trick in the book so like everyone else is saying, don't go assuming, and don't judge a book by its cover! I hope that clears up any more doubts in people unperfect minds...

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
I actually thought my story was better then his.. I don't hide my feelings on not believing you edge, that is why I wrote it. I hate dupers, hacker etc but I also hate liars and attention seekers. I'm honest about this and I never flame (alot.. ) but I do want to put my foot down. I think I've played long enough to know the odds of something very rare happening and getting chars etc. So my assumptions aren't all made out of thin air.
IF you are honest, then I hope you can accept these feelings and move on without taking too much of my crap.
IF you're not.. me > you.

''Mil & Sam''

EDIT: stating you converted and OLD 1.09 magic char to 1.10 and claiming it can kill well only enhances my idea of not being legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.