This has to be one of the best drops in D2 history... ifra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge666

Banned
This has to be one of the best drops in D2 history...

So I was running through hell with my level 99 sorc... typical day, killed diablo and a pair of rare boots dropped, turned out to be crap.

So I moved on to baal. In the second level i found nothing but magics... then when i enetered level 3 a twitchthroe dropped, not too bad, not too good, but its something right?

Then I killed another pack of unique monsters and to my excitement... war travelers dropped :D I proceeded into the throne of destruction, killed a pack of uniques and a unique mesh armor drops... so i greedily pick it up... it's even ethereal!

It gets better still... i defeated the second group of baals minions (the unravelers?) and wow... a unique colossus blade drops and I can't believe my eyes.

Moving on to baal. I kill the horned bastard and all kinds of stuff drop... at least 3 sets, a unique, and a rare or two. Of these... was the set cryptic sword, unique chaos armor, and tals helm...

Can you imagine? all of this stuff in one run! this is the luckiest day ive had in D2 ever. Now I just need to find something to use these items on :D
 

ChaoticTwitch

Diabloii.Net Member
sweet drops !! yeah necrolemming has a point with the clvl99 thing, but hey, its still a sweet couple of drops. how much MF were u using?

cheers, C.T.
 

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
Hm.. that reminds me of the time I got my clvl 101 magic arrow zon out to run some NM Duriel.. I went trough the WP and the very first chest I pop containes a Duriel's shell, I thought ''funny I'm running Duriel and now duriels shell pops'' .. then believe it or not, the very first monster I kill drops another duriels shell!! Funny stuff..
So I enter the right tomb and I literly only have to follow the trail of runes to get to the staff chamber.. seriously: amn, pul, vex, eld, thul, ohm, mal, tir, hel, ist, cham and el. Quite amusing that the last one is an el huh?
I get in the chamber and one hit KO Duriel at /players 9. My god his drop was good..
1 scroll of tp - he allways drops that
4 piles of gold - all over 100k
3 set items - LoH, BK tribal guardian and a cleglaws shield
3 unique items - A scourge, haven't ID'd it, but I hope it'll be a stormlash, a Templars might (dammit, if I only had a little more MF I'll bet that Tyrael's would've dropped) and a Knellstriker
Lionheart Duskshroud - kind of surprised he dropped this one, I hadn't seen a boss drop a runeword in days!

So, no new grail items, but all in all not too bad for a 30 second run. Maybe I'll get lucky next time since I allready have a stash with one of all the runes.. so they're quite useless.. I only pick up cham and higher these days.
Well, wish me luck!

:rolleyes:
''Mil & Sam''
 

Sleepless

Diabloii.Net Member
ChaoticTwitch said:
sweet drops !! yeah necrolemming has a point with the clvl99 thing, but hey, its still a sweet couple of drops. how much MF were u using?

cheers, C.T.
[joke]
Probably over 1k mf with his "istististististist" phase blade, his "istististist" monarch , his "ististist" tiara, his "istististist" sacred armor, 10 perfect gheed, 10 7%mfsc, magic boot with 100mf and a couple of ist in his stash to give him luck :p
[/joke]

-Congrats on the find anyway and enjoy your new items :D
 

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
I think Sint Nikolaas story is more plausible than yours...but if you did find them...sweet. Also we do have a find item thread here in the single player forum...might want to use that.
 
OMG Sint you are one lucky guy :D

Reminds me of the time when normal Andariel dropped me Tyraels three times in a row I used my extremely legit Hydra bow with 5000%MF

Blue Hydra bow of Haxxxxor
Hydra Bow
Two-Hand Damage: A heck of alot
Required Dexterity: 1
Required Strength: 1
Required Level: 1
Bow Class - Lightspeed
Item Version: 1.32 Ultra Expansion
Item Level: 1
Fingerprint: 0xaf4a88d0
+10000 to Strength
+50000 to Dexterity
+250000% Enhanced Damage
Heal Stamina Plus 3000%
600% Mana stolen per hit
Knockout monsters
20000% Increased Attack Speed
+3000 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
5000% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

DX
 

Noodle

Moderator
DX-Crawler said:
OMG Sint you are one lucky guy :D

Reminds me of the time when normal Andariel dropped me Tyraels three times in a row I used my extremely legit Hydra bow with 5000%MF

Blue Hydra bow of Haxxxxor
Hydra Bow
Two-Hand Damage: A heck of alot
Required Dexterity: 1
Required Strength: 1
Required Level: 1
Bow Class - Lightspeed
Item Version: 1.32 Ultra Expansion
Item Level: 1
Fingerprint: 0xaf4a88d0
+10000 to Strength
+50000 to Dexterity
+250000% Enhanced Damage
Heal Stamina Plus 3000%
600% Mana stolen per hit
Knockout monsters
20000% Increased Attack Speed
+3000 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
5000% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

DX
LOL! No life leach, n00b!

- Noodle
 

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Zhao_Yue said:
On a side note: has anyone else besides Stridjie (sp?) achieved 99?
Sure, lots of folks. They're all either on Bnet or they play 1.09. In 1.10? No way in hell.
 

Baedric

Diabloii.Net Member
Clvl 99 in SP v110 is a Carpal Tunnelischious achievement for anyone crazy enough to do it. Stridjie is probably still recovering. :worship: :drink:
 

mad.as.a.meataxe

Diabloii.Net Member
Zhao_Yue said:
On a side note: has anyone else besides Stridjie (sp?) achieved 99?
Well Edge666 has for a start :) - Honestly I really wish you people would read the thread before posting! (jks)

*makes note to self never to enter MFO against DX* :)
 

vajurewi

Diabloii.Net Member
why you all be so harshing on the dude.

its not like he got a Zod from one of Colenzo's fallen.

now let me get back to my dual GF wielding clvl 95 sorc....
 
Wow you guys are like a pack of rabid jackalopes, all frothing at the mouths. Seriousley let the guy be, PLEASE.
Congrats on the lvl 99. i wish i had a lvl 50 on sp. oh well that day will be tonight.
 

atigdng

Diabloii.Net Member
Sint Nikolaas said:
Hm.. that reminds me of the time I got my clvl 101 magic arrow zon out to run some NM Duriel.. I went trough the WP and the very first chest I pop containes a Duriel's shell, I thought ''funny I'm running Duriel and now duriels shell pops'' .. then believe it or not, the very first monster I kill drops another duriels shell!! Funny stuff..
So I enter the right tomb and I literly only have to follow the trail of runes to get to the staff chamber.. seriously: amn, pul, vex, eld, thul, ohm, mal, tir, hel, ist, cham and el. Quite amusing that the last one is an el huh?
I get in the chamber and one hit KO Duriel at /players 9. My god his drop was good..
1 scroll of tp - he allways drops that
4 piles of gold - all over 100k
3 set items - LoH, BK tribal guardian and a cleglaws shield
3 unique items - A scourge, haven't ID'd it, but I hope it'll be a stormlash, a Templars might (dammit, if I only had a little more MF I'll bet that Tyrael's would've dropped) and a Knellstriker
Lionheart Duskshroud - kind of surprised he dropped this one, I hadn't seen a boss drop a runeword in days!

So, no new grail items, but all in all not too bad for a 30 second run. Maybe I'll get lucky next time since I allready have a stash with one of all the runes.. so they're quite useless.. I only pick up cham and higher these days.
Well, wish me luck!

:rolleyes:
''Mil & Sam''

rotflmao! there whould be more of these type of threads! never laughed harder! lol really halarious :lol:
 

cryist

Diabloii.Net Member
Good grief every one, you all know he never stated weither he has a converted 1.09 char or not, hell i even had a lvl 99 zon but that was on Bnet and it was pre 1.10, so give him a break and don't ASSUME becuase every know what happens when you ASSUME, his is a 1.10 char.[/color]
 

Hakai_no_Tenshi

Diabloii.Net Member
Zhao_Yue said:
On a side note: has anyone else besides Stridjie (sp?) achieved 99?
Check for my lvl 99 Trapper (WanaTsukai) on USWest. She's the only lvl 99 assassin in Season 2 (both SC and HC) and it was painful as hell getting it. It's one of the reasons I barely play now due to burnout.

--T
 

cryist

Diabloii.Net Member
Edge666, This kind of post would be better posted in the ITEM find thread instead, but that was some good finds there.
 

killian27

Diabloii.Net Member
is clvl 99 really that hard to achieve? im only on my second character, the first was a pally, and i left him in act 1 nightmare cause he wasnt doing it for me. my second a frenzy barb... and with much help from this forum, he is now surviving act 1 hell whilst kicking some arse at clvl 77(so far) :thumbsup:

i guess i was assuming i would keep playing him until 99... is it gonna be as impossible as finding a zod...

somebody tell me whats up

p.s. ive only ever played on 1.10

edit @ necro: Thanks! see i learn something new on this forum every day!
 

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
whomhead said:
Sure, lots of folks. They're all either on Bnet or they play 1.09. In 1.10? No way in hell.
*Points to the lvl 99 thread*
We'll get there eventually :) The only problem is that the squrriel would probably have his second lvl 99 char first.

Killian: Another problem is the amt of exp you need. I'm lvl 92 and I have less than 1/2 the exp of a lvl 99. If you took 6mths to get to lvl 92, its gonna take you a lot longer then for lvl 99.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top