Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

This guy....

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Nibiru-, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Nibiru-

Nibiru- Diabloii.Net Member

Claims he hit 99 just to make a youtube video for his series on being a video game 'completionist'.

Anyone else find anything fishy about his level 99 claim? Fast forward to 12:35 for the level 99 bit.

2. Drystan

Drystan Diabloii.Net Member

Is that you advertising your channel?

Honestly, I don't mind it. Lvl 99 has been done every ladder season. People rush to it. He's clearly MP'ing, so probably has some good experience on B.net. That said, he may've been using duped/b.net gear obtained using maphack etc which make it easier than SP untwinked 99'ers, but still doesn't mean it's not a lvl99'er. SP and B.net are two completely separate entities.

Also, if you check out the different "gaming nerd" [catagory of videos/YT'ers, not derogatory] channels, you'll see that there's lots of people who take on these rediculous challenges for YT. Playthroughs of numerous /impossible/ games from the original NES, unlocking ALL accomplishments etc

"Closed battle net is the most legit way of playing Diablo II."
    Lulz! The most legit way of playing Diablo II is Single Player, without downloading any mods (FAM or non-FAM mods.) Still, this guy is from the MP scene, so that's fine.

I don't like his pronounciation of M/aahh/rius, although, I'm not sure what the actual canon pronounciation is.

As to his actual estimation of the time it took to level 99 (11 months, blah blah blah,) I dunno. I don't actually know how long it takes, let alone if they were twinked, or traded for botted/duped gear. Either way, that's the way of B.net, so it's not bad.
    Also, to his "farming all the SoJ's"... Just to have the servers crash! XD Bwahahaha! If that's true, that is hilarious!

Replicating the Diablo Clone in SP - the AI is still (afaik) server side. It's surely improved since the original hack that provided it, but there's no guarentee it's what Blizzard had intended. The original just had a stronger Diablo, which didn't cast Armageddon, so I am still sceptical about how accurately it has been done. :(

But it was quite an entertaining video anyway. I don't really see too much "fishy" with it. He's probably played a hell of a lot of Diablo, and probably participated in many ladder seasons with a solid group, so why not? He probably began half seriously, and as the group progressed, one person encouraged the others to do what they could, over numerous months and push towards 99.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  3. maareek

maareek Diabloii.Net Member

I would assume the way Baal pronounces it in the LoD opening cinematic would be canon. That could be wrong, but short of exerting effort I can't find a more compelling argument.

pharphis and Drystan like this.
  4. Drystan

Drystan Diabloii.Net Member

I had to load D2 to watch the cinematic. XD Yeah, that's how I thought Marius was pronounced - the same in the cinematic. I don't know if they mention him in D3, but it may've changed for that, but dunno (and somewhat irrelevent.) Thanks for the tip on the cinematic! Blizz have had some great cut-scenes and lore!