this forum is for legit players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamenoob

Diabloii.Net Member
this forum is for legit players?

I dont know what to think, first you don't allow hacks, then don't allow dupes such as arm slippers and arm fletch or 08 valks even to name a few. But you allow duped runes in enigma, cohs and griefs? I am confused.

I am sad that this forum advocates the use of duped items obtained through ILLEGAL HACKS and EXPLOITS

sad :(

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: this forum is for legit players?

Why are you so attached to a forum in which you've posted only 17 times?

It is not acceptable to trade anything which is known to be duped or hacked. Any individual hr is not known to be duped, so we can't forbid any particular hr. If I have a fortitude, who is to say that I didn't make it myself or that I traded for a legit hr? If I offer 10 perfect CtAs for trade, that is blatant trading of dupes. There is a also a list of items that are not allowed for trade. Perhaps the reason that hrs (which are commonly duped) are allowed is that they are perfect as a form of currency.

Do you use the trade forums? If not, why do you care?

mephiztophelez

Diabloii.Net Member

I dont know what to think, first you don't allow hacks, then don't allow dupes such as arm slippers and arm fletch or 08 valks even to name a few. But you allow duped runes in enigma, cohs and griefs? I am confused.

I am sad that this forum advocates the use of duped items obtained through ILLEGAL HACKS and EXPLOITS

sad :(
"legit" is a somewhat flexible term with many different interpretations (unfortunatly).

at these forums, "Legit" is no hacks and no use-of or trade-in unperm dupes.

personally, i agree that any and all HR's offered in trade are dupes.

if it's 100% Legit play (no duped runes etc) you're looking for, the the Barons Bazaar (BB) and the Amazon Basin (AB) are probably more your style. note: the AB is NOT a trading forum, the BB is. in either case, read the rules very carefully prior to posting.

lamenoob

Diabloii.Net Member

it's not trading, just recommending dupes when people ask how to gear out their characters, and how everybody accepts dupes. I bet if runes in armors did not poof, talking about them would get you banned.

snickersnack said:
Why are you so attached to a forum in which you've posted only 17 times?

It is not acceptable to trade anything which is known to be duped or hacked. Any individual hr is not known to be duped, so we can't forbid any particular hr. If I have a fortitude, who is to say that I didn't make it myself or that I traded for a legit hr? If I offer 10 perfect CtAs for trade, that is blatant trading of dupes. There is a also a list of items that are not allowed for trade. Perhaps the reason that hrs (which are commonly duped) are allowed is that they are perfect as a form of currency.

Do you use the trade forums? If not, why do you care?
and who is to say i didn't find my boots with strength, dex and tri res that a million others have in patch 1.06 or whenever it was i didn't play.

Mainly it just bothers me that everywhere it says this forum does not advocate using hacks and dupes but everyone (not really but still) is talking and trading duped runes made through hacks

so is this forum for legit players? unlegit players? players who don't want to deal with poofable items? players who say they are legit and look down upon everyone else while their whole char consists of duped runes and stuff bought for forum gold on this other forum while using breakpoint mod? you tell me

Arkansaw

Banned

Guess what, people have said this before and I will say it again, there may be a lot of duped high runes out there, but that is not reason enough for people to stop using them at all. You have the choice of getting high runes through either: selling strategic early game items like Shako for fg etc, which is in turn used for patronizing the 'usual suspects' -OR- simply finding them yourself. The problem is not just about trading 'potentially duped' runes; they are the de facto currency in the market, and if outlawed totallu will certainly make trading...a more tricky business. Also, trading is obviously not the primary function of this site, you are giving them too much credit for advocacy.

lamenoob

Diabloii.Net Member

o ok if duped runes are a part of the game, so are other hacks and other duped items.

but its ok if this site is a bit lax about the hax :p

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

and who is to say i didn't find my boots with strength, dex and tri res that a million others have in patch 1.06 or whenever it was i didn't play.
One reason hrs are not on the DNT list is that, as Arkansaw rightly put it, they are the de facto currency. Maybe a mod/admin could tell us the main reason, since they're the ones who decide these things. PMing a mod/admin might get you the answer you're looking for.

Mainly it just bothers me that everywhere it says this forum does not advocate using hacks and dupes but everyone (not really but still) is talking and trading duped runes made through hacks
So if someone dupes a certain item, then I can't say that that item is useful? That's ridiculous. The really useful items - the ones that get recommended - get duped a lot. As long as duping is possible, we will have to recommend items that are - coincidentally - duped a lot. There is no sane way around that.

prion

Diabloii.Net Member

this is a pretty old argument....the current solution is imperfect but its what we got.

sojs used to be the currency even though they were known to be duped...but since they were the currency this site allowed trading of them.

since you can't prove that any one soj or HR is a dupe you just have to expect that they all are...but legit sojs and legit HRs DO drop in the game, as opposed to any 08 items or the odds of getting a craft/rare with the exact same name+stats as the known dupe.

Voorhees

Diabloii.Net Member

The forum is what it is. I like it. Others like it. There are other forums that are more in line with how you feel. If the community here wanted to be like that, we would be. We obviously don't. You don't get it, fine. We do.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

it's not trading, just recommending dupes when people ask how to gear out their characters, and how everybody accepts dupes. I bet if runes in armors did not poof, talking about them would get you banned.
If you notice people recommending known dupes, report it. Click on the "!" button to the right top of the offending posting, explain things briefly and a mod will care about it. If nothing happens and you think that it's not a debatable case, send a PM to the mod(s) who is operating that forum. He received the report and he can certainly provide an explanation.

We are not 100% purists here. HRs are tolerated, for example. I won't explain again why, as I already did it half a dozen times. Ask somebody else or use the search function for an explanation ;)

TheApostate

Diabloii.Net Member

You know, it'd be so much easier just to blame it all on battle.net...:whistling:

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member

Ah, it's that time of year again.

Unless you found some boots with a specific name, and specific variable stats, that are known to be mass duped, then you can hardly compare it to runes which have no variable stats.

As Krishan said, this has been brought up before and discussed to no end. HR's a currency on the realms, and as such a currency here. SoJ's used to be currency has well.

CYBERPUNK

Diabloii.Net Member

hey @lamenoob (funny name btw)

don't sweat it man, I was just as cornfused

and while I'm not nearly as hostile as some are on here at you asking "THE QUESTION", I've come to same conclusion as many others

it's just the way it is, it is by NO means perfect (that's obvious) and many of us are bitter that in the latest patch there was NOTHING new done (at least visibly) to address it

but it's an imperfect world (D2 included) and these boards are doing their personal opinion of what's best (some agree, some don't, I think they're a bit radical, but hey, that's me)

I kinda compare these boards to Fight Club, ya know, first rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club... (funny and kinda true, for better or worse)

my advice? just don't trade for what you suspect to be dupes, play it safe ya know? Caveat Emptor (bad spelling I think, but it's supposed to be Latin for "let the buyer beware")

best of luck to ya's, peace out

lukefojut

Diabloii.Net Member

Also, many people use this forum not because we're snobbish elitists who lie about the origin of our gears (paraphrasing your words there!), but because it's a community of friendly and respectable traders who like to have a laugh without screwing anybody over!

my advice? just don't trade for what you suspect to be dupes, play it safe ya know? Caveat Emptor (bad spelling I think, but it's supposed to be Latin for "let the buyer beware")
Fair point - just don't go buying 40 packs of HRs from people and you should be fine 9 times out of 10.

Marslite

Diabloii.Net Member

Maybe its just me, but I am here mainly because dupes are not encouraged here. Hacks (like Magical Heading programs) arent condoned as well, and that is another reason I feel confident/comfortable telling the community that I found a Visceratuant for instance. I don't find people laughing at my "precious find". I use neither "Magical Heading programs" or bots to become rich, but don't look down upon people who use such - it is their look out. I m perfectly ok with being slow and taking my time to find things at my own speed. I m not competing with anyone, and just play it for fun. I have two installations on my two computers, with two different internet connections (one my private network, and the other, the one I leased for my wife's company), so I don't really depend on anyone else, and that include bots as well. I just don't complain about not having elite items.

To make my point clear : I like the forum as it is, and the moderators are doing a great job.

Gorny

Banned

Honestly, this topic has been beaten to death like a lame camel.

What more can be said about it on both sides of the fence that has not already been said?

Dirkw

Diabloii.Net Member

Guess what, people have said this before and I will say it again, there may be a lot of duped high runes out there, but that is not reason enough for people to stop using them at all. You have the choice of getting high runes through either: selling strategic early game items like Shako for fg etc, which is in turn used for patronizing the 'usual suspects' -OR- simply finding them yourself. The problem is not just about trading 'potentially duped' runes; they are the de facto currency in the market, and if outlawed totallu will certainly make trading...a more tricky business. Also, trading is obviously not the primary function of this site, you are giving them too much credit for advocacy.
Indeed 100% 1000% agreed.

Kaotic Dragon

Diabloii.Net Member

We all know what happens if someone on this site is found to use hacks, they are beat with the ban stick so hard there internet connection is bruised.

On the other topic Hr's and Soj's are traded on this site because 1. They are the Currency of the realms, 2. One cannot prove that they are in fact a dupe by the person trading. Everyone expects that they are duped this is true but there are also legit self found HR's and Soj's out there. Those are worth trading for, its a chance all traders make in the name of the game. I myself found an Ohm in Hell Black Marsh, and an Soj from Hell Andy. If I traded the Ohm people would think that it was a dupe because it was an HR, and would especially think that the SOJ was as well. BUT if they needed either one they would be willing to risk the trade.

As far as the 'BEST EQUIP' you were talking about when someone asks me What is the best armor for a zealer, I will say right out Fortitude. Its all part of the game weather the Lo Rune is duped or not we have no control over it. Its supply and demand at its nastiest, people will still dupe, and people will still trade for items they are unsure of the origins about.

I in no way shape or form support duping, or hacking I have been lucky as far as trading for hrs goes, only had 2 or 3 go poof in my 7 years on Bnet. I have never traded for any Soj's, (I perfer a good BK Ring myself). It's really up to the player to trade or not.

Arkardo

Diabloii.Net Member

Personally, I agree with Lamenoob... I'd rather see it otherwise as well. Oh well.

Some incident I remember was a guy getting banned because he offered 'duped' high runes instead of 'traded' high runes. That's certainly going too far in my most humble opinion.

Are

Diabloii.Net Member

It is possible to find HRs yourself.

I have personally found both a Vex and a Ber rune, and made Heart of the Oak and Beast with them. Should I not be allowed to use/trade/recommend those runewords just because they are items people often dupe the runes for?

Status
Not open for further replies.