Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

This can't be real...

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Cerebron, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

This can't be real...

I saw a threat from the General Strategy Forum. I only wish this was the reality, but I can hardly believe it.

No offense to the original post. I appreciate his/her information.

Original thread:What is your favorite place to MF

Reply: Strafezon with laying of hands in flayer jungle hell. Lots of midgets that die quickly giving you decent chances at uniques and runes. Over the course of 3 days of running that place with only 34% mf i found ber rune, shako, eth shako, stormshield, marrowalks, pul rune, 40% mf gheeds, and a bunch of good charms.

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Apperently it worked for that Zon. It does make some sense though.

3. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

it's either crap, or just good luck. my friends and I mf almost exclusively as of late. Here are examples of how "luck" is the biggest factor in MF'ing.

Friend: M
    Day 1: Endless Meph runs to find a HOZ. NO HOZ, but he found: travs/shako/occy/marrow etc..
    Day 2-15+: Endless Meph runs. NOTHING
    Day 16: HOZ

After HOZ, he moved onto pits and foudn nothing for about a week. Then BLAMO! Ik armor. Then BLAMO! SS. Then BLAMO! verdungo's (perfect) / ariocs / bonehew / reapers toll

Friend: "N"
    Day 1-3000000: Nothing. He gets mad, but nothing.

ME
    Week 1: Pits over and over. Good charms (gheeds (x2)), runes, bonehew, titans, highlords, 2x ravenfrosts, 1x soj

Week 2-5: Nothing. Rebuilding ATM, but still nothing.

It's all luck my friend.

g

:yep:

4. Cerebron

How many hours do you guys play a day? You said Day 1, 2, 3...n. 1 day = ? hours?

5. gvandale

friend "M" plays like 10 hours a day (damn kid with no school / job)
    friend "N" plays like 5 hours a day

me, i play maybe 1-3 a day. So my "week" consists of m-f 3hrs, maybe 15 all weekend.

g

p.s.
    your useast, so are you ladder? maybe I can help you with some gear.

6. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

I dunno but I always seem to find stuff running on quests instead of searching areas with just mfing gear.... IE... running baal for first time (exp only) I found goldskin, and gheeds.

Also I tend to get "good" drops from normal monsters,,, not champs, bosses, or boss packs.

Like Perf Dwarf star from a carver in bloodmoor.... (hell)

LUCK LUCK LUCK....

7. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

the act 3 thing could happen

I remember my first char on ladder (I started 20 min after it came out!) when she got to act 3 hell, a regular monster (probably a flayer) dropped a gul rune. Pretty lucky if you ask me.

--fatty

8. Cerebron

Yes, I'm ladder. The sad thing is I have nothing good to trade. I've some (probably 8) low runes, Eth ~Thul. And if you happened to need them for upgrading, you can take them. I'm busy in college, and there are only four ways for me to get my gears 1) LUCK 2) Wait for careless players to drop stuff 3) Look for some really NICE people for free stuff 4) hack battle.net. Hehe, none of them seems like I'm sober.

gvandale, I'm looking for Trang belt, helm, and shield. Naj staff, or any necro charms. If you can help, definitely much appreciation.

Oh, btw, forgive me everyone. I should've had used the trading forum. My apologies.

9. mc_garb

mc_garb IncGamers Member

10. gouda96

gouda96 IncGamers Member

When ladder first came out and I was forced to mf until I had the right stuff to make all my pvp chars, I would do mf runs from about 12am-4am every day with a friend of mine (we don't sleep). All hell baal runs. I was a sor with good gear (after a few days of mf'ing atleast) and would tp there, and he was a hammerdin with pretty good mf(went from about 100 when we started to about 400 in a week). We noticed that past 2am there was a dramatic increase of the high lvl uniques that would drop (shako, shaft, ss, wisp, occy, bonehew, reaper, eagle horn...). It is probably just luck, but before 2am we would get a high lvl unique about once every 1/2 hour to an hour, and after 2 they would usually pop out about 2x or 3x faster. We would do about 20 meph runs an hour, so about 80 a night. After about 3 weeks I had just about every item i would need in the game with minimal trading.

I have always been incredibly lucky (3 40% mf gheeds off eld in 4 games) and I seem to get the best stuff from meph, and after 2am...but that's just me...

11. gvandale

hit me up sometime, i'll let you browse my mules and take free stuff.

*gvandale
    after 6pm cst

12. MarkN

MarkN IncGamers Member

I'm gonna try that Strafezon idea, managed to get laying of hands yesterday, my ama is lvl16 now, I hope she'll be able to farm Hell flayer by the end of the week.

13. gvandale

I did some flayer last night with my hammerdin, and he was ripping it up. pretty cool. nothing too special.

but, special was when he was lvl'ing his merc in nm cows, and he got MAL rune, and then LEM rune, and then LUM rune, out of 3 cow packs 1 after the other.

gogo nm cows.

g

14. WNxBeeky

WNxBeeky IncGamers Member

It certainly is down to luck, though generally the more time you have to spend the greater your chance (obviously). I play hc so the worry about dieing all the time prevents effective fast mfing. (the only 'safe' mf char i have at the moment is a level 70 barb with 400% mf 2500hp etc, doing meph in nm.

Last 2 weeks i found an occy, and a few other uniques, 1 IK helm and a shedload of blues. :(

I envy the people that have no jobs. :)

15. SoulTaker

SoulTaker IncGamers Member

until 2 weeks ago i didnt have a job, and i got kiked out of school so now im homeskool, it takes about an hour to fnish then im off to play diablo,..

i wish i had some bad *** luck as you guys, i mf'ed alot didnt find nething to special...but just 2 days ago with 0 zip nadda mf i found a deaths web...

that items after 2 am thing is wierd, you think it was a cowinsadense or the game spawns items at a certian rate? with the jnumber of people playing?

16. jjboy

jjboy IncGamers Member

2 am?
    what time zone/ country are you frm?
    perhaps i should test your theory

17. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

thats either incredible luck or incredible bs :uhhuh:

18. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

tsk tsk tsk...

Shame on you for believing correlation = causation! :p

-fatty

19. Boooyakasha

Boooyakasha IncGamers Member

I was trying to trade for the TO helm and belt yesterday, well obviously the greedy one will try to suck you dry. So I decide to go MF, and walah Pindle dropped me a green Troll Belt.

Yes I was happy. Then went on to trade again and this time a nice people traded me a TO helm for my 40% Chance guard. Well I am even happier but heartache for the Chance. So I decided to create a game saying N 40 Chance and then traded a Shadow skiller for it :)

20. DelTreme

DelTreme IncGamers Member

Doing meph runs is nice, meph himself is of a good lvl, so he *can* drop high level items.
    Using alot of MF gear increases the chance the drops are of a good quality.

But meph doesn't drop alot of items - and getting there will take quite some time.

Since the Zon wasn't running against the highest Mlvl monsters in this act, she will not get those special items Meph can drop. But since there are alot of monsters out there, alot of items do drop.
    Any char has a base of 100 MF, so the difference between 400MF and 40MF is smaller than it looks.

While you're looking at 6 items from mephi a time, she's looking at 200 items from little creeps that die easily.

Also, I've read somewhere (sorry, no link) that MF doesn't help find runes.