Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

This build probably sucks, but here goes...

Discussion in 'Druid' started by XLeper_MessiahX, Feb 6, 2004.

1. XLeper_MessiahX

XLeper_MessiahX IncGamers Member

This build probably sucks, but here goes...

When I first started reading about 1.10, I thought that both Armageddon and Hurricane could be cast while in WW form. I'm finally doing research to start the character and find out that I am incorrect. Others might let their dreams be shattered by this, but I will perservere...

I always wanted to make a Fury WW that uses Hurricane, kind of like his own Holy Freeze. This would leave me free to use a Might Merc. These are the stats I've worked out:

10 Lycanthropy
    20 WW
    1 Feral (pre-req)
    1 Rabies (pre-req)
    20 Fury

1 Arctic Blast (pre-req)
    20 Cyclone Armor
    1 Twister (pre-req)
    1 Tornado (pre-req)
    20 Hurricane

10 Oak Sage

This leaves 5 points left over, but if I'm not decent by this point I won't pursue the build to get those last points (heh, I'll probably give up long before that if this doesn't work :D ).

I haven't put points in any damage synergies to Hurricane because it isn't primarly for damage. I maxed Cyclone Armor both for the duration synergy (a must since it can't be cast in WW) and the elemental absorb.

Does this look feasible? Any suggestions on what I can change to make this better? A few hints on equipment wouldn't hurt, but I have some good ideas there (at least Bstar or Famine (not that rich, but working on it) on switch for PI).

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

looks decent enough...

u dont need to max ww...

have fun!

welcome to the druid forums the most spam filled..i mean helpful forum

3. XLeper_MessiahX

Thanks, I'll spam and flame....

er....

I mean I'll try to make meaningful contributions... or something...

4. Zarfol

Zarfol IncGamers Member

I was pretty sure you could only use armageddon while shifted... I haven't tried hurricane while shifted so i may be wrong.

However, you might be able to cast hurricane THEN shift, but I am unsure.

5. Manifesto

Manifesto IncGamers Member

yea u can do that but if u dont have enough synergies to lengthen the duration it would be a pain to keep shifting back and forth to cast it.

6. XLeper_MessiahX

That was one of the reasons I'm going to max Cyclone Armor. That will get the duration up to 50 seconds-not great, but better than 10. I'll also get the benefit of the elemental absorb from Cyclone.

Also, my initial paragraph may have been misleading. You can cast Armaggedon while shifted; however, I've never been much interested in that skill. Huricane has always held my thoughts-learning I couldn't use that shifted almost broke my will to make this build.

7. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

isnt it horrible of them to tell us that as of 1.1 you can cast both on the arreat summitt when in fact you can't?

anyways, very nice build idea. Instead of maxing werewolf though, go for lycanthropy. With only a single point into werewolf you could do just fine actually.

Have you thought of doing this in bear form? (shockwave is my best friend)

8. whyuneedit

whyuneedit IncGamers Member

i heard that only armagedon is the only one that works. it seems that while u are in human form and cast hurricane, u cannot shift. i have not tried it myself, but i have heard about it. anyone want to confirm?

9. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

what moron told u that

i should beat him

10. jumbo_SHRIMP

jumbo_SHRIMP IncGamers Member

you cant shift until the hurricane timer (6 seconds cast delay i mean) is up

phelix

11. whyuneedit

whyuneedit IncGamers Member

0o0o i c. so if u only have a lvl 1 hurricane and a lvl one cyclone armor, your hurricane, after the casting delay, lasts only 6 seconds. amazing. its also pure cold dmg rite? unlike the holy freeze? that means that if the other person is wearing raven frost, they WILL NOT be slowed and will most likely just absorb the cold dmg anyway.

r u sure that after casting hurricane and waiting out the 6 sec delay u can shift to wolf? have u tried this?