Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

This Armageddon/Fury Build Viable?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by wangboBW, Feb 1, 2004.

1. wangboBW

wangboBW IncGamers Member

This Armageddon/Fury Build Viable?

Well I have decided to start on HC untwinked with a couple of friends. Best of all, they made me a druid. Now I am all good for it, but I want to ask you if this build would be viable going in HC untwinked with a group.
    He would use:
    20 Lycanthropy
    1 Werewolf
    20 Fury
    20 OS
    20 Armageddon
    Rest into Armageddon synergy? or get a pet (either bear or Dire Wolves)
    I pretty much intend to have armageddon activated all the time as i melee with fury, I won't get surronded B/C one of the party members is a necro, and I will just be picking off the few monsters on the side =-). So I want to ask, would this build be good/usefull at all in hell? I am thinking of picking up runes and Pgems, and hoping to get a bstar for it along the way.

2. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

The more Armageddon synergies the better.

If you really want to Fury/Geddon go ahead, but I think it would be more effective to try making it a Werebear with Fire Claws instead of Fury. That way your FC is synergized, you have more life, etc etc. But I think it will do ok, especially as part of a party.

3. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

My build is:

Lvl 99
    20 Fury
    20 Armageddon
    20 Molten Boulder
    20 Volcano
    15 Fireclaws
    1 Shockwave

Lvl 80
    20 Fury
    20 Armageddon
    20 Molten Boulder
    16 Volcano
    1 Shockwave

Drop a few in synergies for oak sage if you think you really need it. Aim for high +shapeshifting skills.

My equipment is:

Ribcracker w/IAS

Phase Blade 4xShael 2xIAS w/resists
    Jeweler's Monarch of Deflecting (4 pdiamond)
    (for fireclaws)

Shako / Crown of Ages
    Highlords
    Gloom / Valor / Chains of Honor
    Magefist / Draculs Grasp
    Bul-Kathos
    Ravenfrost
    String of Ears
    Gorerider

6 shape-shifter charms
    6 resist charms

But then again, I'm softcore. So I don't need to concentrate on as much life.

I stay in werewolf form, unless I am in serious danger with physical immunes. Then I switch to werebear and use my one point in shockwave and I have a slightly faster fire claws speed.

4. wangboBW

wangboBW IncGamers Member

Ya well I really plan on having maxed out Oak Sage, and with Decrepify and Amp Damage from my buddy, physical immunes should really be not a problem. I believe the all my points in Lycanthropy can be reduced though. But that is at the risk of losing a total of 1k life.
    I am not sure right now, but I am certainly not aiming for the Lvl 99, which is kind of hard even in Softcore. I am more going in favor of the high 80's since I will be primarily mfing with a friend at the pit.

5. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

I provided my lvl 99 build as sort of a guideline for later levels. Since you don't have any problems with physical immunes, I'd max oak sage instead of volcano and pump volcano after your max oak sage, with the lvl 80 build in mind. Then, the level 99 build you'd exchange fire claws for volcano.

That should be the build you'd aim for. Consider interchanging volcano with molten boulder with my build for physical immunes that can't be removed. Then shift out of wereform and use volcano. The physical immunities that can't be removed are the naturally phyiscally immune with stone skin (typically). Since the few that exist - the only ones that I can think of are the ghosts - stand still and attack in place, volcano should work nicely on them (especially with necro minions).

I'd neglect lycanthropy since +skills will boost it so you have a viable duration (use a class-specific helm with +3 lycanthropy for early levels) - or maybe invest just a few points. Plus, your life is getting a nice boost from a maxed oak sage and you'll be protected somewhat by minions / decrepify.