Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

This ancient axe, decent?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by PetePizza, Jun 19, 2005.

1. PetePizza

PetePizza Diabloii.Net Member

This ancient axe, decent?

Betraying my complete ignorance of high level weapons, I present this ancient axe for judgement:

Two hand: 87 to 172 dam
    101% enhanced damage
    adds 1-2 damage
    +73 to attack rating
    adds 1-6 lightning damage

2. texaswolf

texaswolf Diabloii.Net Member

It does more damage than the one my level 80 axe barb uses so I would say it's pretty good.

3. stanzaman

stanzaman Diabloii.Net Member

It's alright, though I would say for a barbarian to do decent in hell mode, you atleast want a 200 damage weapon. Though a 87-172 damage axe would certainly be good enough.

The easiest way to tell if a weapon is good is to look at the %ED. The maximum is 200%, and I would call anything over about 180% godly. Your axe has only 101%, so it's not really anything that special (though still a decent find in these days of really crappy rares). Other good mods include max/min damage, leech, skills, etc. Which sadly to say, your weapon really doesn't have.

4. Fearlessone

Fearlessone Diabloii.Net Member

When this weapon went thru the wringer for creating mods, blizzard gave it just one good mod: maybe like +82%ed. Then it went thru another mod that added something like 19%ed. All the rest of the mods suck. So u really only got one good mod: the MOST important one, but thats not enough. And with a slow slow ancient axe, u really want some increased attack speed. That really helps loads when u are mana burned or using berserk against physical immunes.

This definitely isnt the weapon u jump up and down and "whoop, whoop" over, and "I gonna make me an axe barb now!" :yawn:

5. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

Yeah, I think it's just worth whatever gold charsi will give ya for it.

Sorry : /.