Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

This a viable build for Sacrifice Pally?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Rius666, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Rius666

Rius666 IncGamers Member

This a viable build for Sacrifice Pally?

I was wondering if this build was a good build for a sacrafice pally.
    7/6/19 vamp gaze (low ll but good DR helps to cancel that out)
    10%ll +max (not sure on the number) life after kill
    7%ll nos coil
    8%ll/20 str ring ravenfrost
    gore riders and highlords (for the combo of deadly strike for better leeching)
    Demon's Arch for wep (good 1 handed dmg (90-ish-190 dmg with good elemental and 9%ll)
    HoZ (obvious reasons)
    Guardian Angel

20 points to Sacrifice (around 485%ed and good ar)
    20 points to Fanat (adds ed/ias/ar plus its a synergy for sacrifice the ar boost will be important since i'll want to hit as much as possible for leeching)
    20 points to redemption (great synergy for sacrifce 15%ed per lvl and since sacrifice uses life 20 points to redemption is a quick life filler for those times where u cant leech enough)
    20 points to Holy Shield (high def good block self explanitory)
    1 point to Vengence for PI
    Rest into defiance as synergy for Holy Shield

I plan to have enuff str use items and around 150-175 dex with items and rest into vit. I plan to have around 1.2k life by lvl 80-ish. That means 72 life drain per sacrifice.

With this build i should get around 40% ll and massive phy dmg, max 9 fps attack and good amount of def. Just wondering if anyone has tried this before and if all you pally experts (im a pally newb :worship: ) think this will work. Thx in advance for the input.

2. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

demon arch is bugging me for some reason but besides that it looks good

go with Holy Freeze merc since you are a 1 at a timer attacker

I'm gonna look at weapons and see if there isnt something better?

I'm assuming you can afford most uniuqe//set things (with that gear) that arn't obviouly a lot higher (ik armor, griz caddy etc.)

3. Rius666

Rius666 IncGamers Member

ya i cant really afford all the big things but i figure demon's arch is good enough b/c of the 9% ll it gives the decent 1 handed dmg and elemental dmg. Plus it has 30% ias and couple that with the other gear and fanat u can get 9 fps which is max i think

4. Strider_pt

Strider_pt IncGamers Member

quick note, you may want to make sure that every hit doesnt kill you...Because you are taking 8% of the damage you deal and not 8% of total life. So for 1.2k life, make sure you dont deal too much higher than 15k damage using sacrifice because thats your health which is feasable i believe with this build. Life leech should help though.

5. Rius666

Rius666 IncGamers Member

o i thought it was 8% dmg dealt to self of ur total life. If its 8% of ur dmg that u do dealt to urself couldnt u override that with more than 8% ll?

6. memememe173

yes, including the penalty for nm//hell and the fact that you have to leech not only the damage monsters do to you but the damage you do to yourself

7. moi

moi IncGamers Member

its portion of the physical damage you deal that is returned, the return being decreaseable by PDR. So against a monster with no leech penalty, you need 8LL in normal to exactly balanance it out, 16 in NM, and 24 in hell. With 50PDR, you need 4LL in normal, 8LL in NM, and 12LL in hell. Against monsters with individual leech penalties, you need more leech, a lot more. Against totally unleechable enemies, you need lots of potions :)

8. joepublic

joepublic IncGamers Member

I dont want to ruin anybodies fun, but, is this really worth the effort? 9fps and interuptable?!? Wow, that's not happinin. 485%ed? May as well go charge. From the day u finish norm den of evil till ... you will be doin the same thing and it seems all down hill from there. Standing in the midst of a mob gettin pounded and pounding urself. At least with charge u can haul *** and draw then into a line of ur choosing. If ur gonna tank i don't see any choice other than zeal. Any other alternatives, plz let me know.

9. Daalaji

Daalaji IncGamers Member

Because its fun... After playing the game for years on end, you try to find useless or confusing builds that might be fun. And a sacrificer doesnt make much sence in the way of dueling or mfing but its fun to build and play. I always look for interesting builds or ones that are truely hard to use, right now i have a lvl 40 hc twinkler and a lvl 48 hc Pacifist... really fun :wave:

10. moi

moi IncGamers Member

i dont like it because of the high individual per monster leech penalties in 1.10. But ehh, whatever floats his boat. Sacrifice with a 1H slash goes up to 8fps btw :)

11. Rius666

Rius666 IncGamers Member

really 8 fps i checked out the calculator and the max it gave me was 9fps with lvl 25 fanat and balrog spear

12. moi

moi IncGamers Member

erp, didnt realize he was using a 1H stab, sorry about that. 1H slash goes up to 8 tho ;)

13. MadWereWolfBoy

MadWereWolfBoy IncGamers Member

theres a name 4 a sacrifiser... forgoten it thoug... ne1 knows?

14. memememe173

Martyr

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

15. joepublic

joepublic IncGamers Member

I consider my chargeadin, LA barb, and low vit kiksin among my "fun" chars. What other builds have you made for "fun"? What's a twinkler?