Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Third PvP Septevariate Complete

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Zhao_Yue, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

Third PvP Septevariate Complete

Malfurion, Level 85 Flaming Rabies Druid
    Brandishing a venomous bite and a flaming claw, he delivered pain at blinding speeds. Opponents that attempted to defend against one attack were quickly overcome by the other. He relished feeding on the carcasses of his fallen opponents.

A positive point for this build was the use of the affordable 110 IAS phase blade for two fast attacks. Rabies was a nice skill but the accompanying Fire Claws just didn’t cut it. I favoured defense so by maximizing lantropy that hampered the FC damage. The silly Fury/Rabies trend has overshadowed this build and he has been retired to make way for his replacement.

Kael, Level 87 Mageslayer Assassin
    She enfeebled opponents with her triple threat: lightning traps that zapped any approaching prey, quick acting venom delivered from precise blows of cyclone hits and a flurry of kicks that confounded even the most nimble foes.

An interesting build but it never got a chance to shine due to the lack of sorceresses and amazons during her tenure. I tired of Dragon Talon from lack of use, as Whirlwind was just too fascinating at the time. She was unfortunately retired to make way for the next generation.

Maive, Level ** Venomancer
    He was shunned by both his predecessors, students of the bone arts. Aided by the ancient artifacts of Trang-Oul, he could call upon his toxic sorcery to envelope the entire area with his power, instantly weaken all who dare to oppose him.

He was another interesting character, not as completely useless as I first predicted. Although he uses the entire Trang-Oul’s set, limiting his effectiveness in 1v1, he does wonders in FFA. Amplify Damage and Lower Resist causes chaos for all opponents and Poison Nova hits all targets on the screen. Surprisingly, he was a very fun character in PvM also.

Fanatic, Level 90 Zealot
    Battle scarred and hardened from his many exploits in the unforgiving wilderness fighting the forces of evil, he found a new calling. Wielding his mighty axe and blessed by the prayers of the archaic Zakarum, he laid holy retribution on unbelievers within the arena.

One of my first characters, he was converted from a PvM build to a focused fighting machine. Charge-Zeal lays waste to casters and ranged alike. Because he is blessed with the mighty Grief, he has the option of switching to Smite, to be used against tougher opponents like shield-wielding Barbarians and Smiters.

Mayfair, Level 91 Blizzard Sorceress
    She agreed to take up her fallen sister’s request, to learn the craft of cold and use it to hunt monsters to supply their army with valuable items. Using her knowledge, she expanded her powers to challenge a greater enemy.

She was an upgrade from my first MF Blizzard Sorceress. She is well versed in delivering punishing blows to Pindleskin and Baal, but she is also capable of raining death blows to hapless player opponents.

Artemis, Level 89 Lightning Javazon
    As with her Necromancer comrade, she had foregone her predecessors’ talent. Ignoring the bow, she chose instead to focus her powers on lightning. Brandishing the potent javelins passed onto her from previous generations, she quickly charred opponents to submission.

Converted from an old PvM Javazon, I found this build to be a bit fragile as she sported less life and defense compared to my regular Bowazons. Of course her fully synergied Charged Strike laid waste to all unprotected opponents easily.

Grom, Level 87 Wolfbarb
    He acquired the shamanistic arts when he found the long-forgotten Fury Visor. Wearing this animal pelt invigorated him with beastly instinct and powers, allowing him to run and attack at much faster speeds. It also granted him with much greater endurance and resistance.

With high defense and life, he lived up to expectations of being a good tank. His lightning quick attack pummeled any caster that crossed his path. Any opponent that tried to escape found themselves quickly overtaken by the Feral-charged behemoth.

2. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

congrats, tell more about wolfbarb. gear
    now many levels do you leech?

3. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

Zhao defies all odds. You'd figure after 72 Pats/Mats, at least one of them would be able to hold their own in the Moor. Maybe you'll have better luck with the next batch.

Seriously though, give us the stats on some of the chars. Dmg, life, AR, and def of the wolfbarb. Blizz dmg, nova dmg, zeal dmg?

4. Zhao_Yue

I believe my standard setup was:
    Shael Wolfhowl
    Highlander's
    4 x Shael Griz Caddy
    Eld Stormshield
    2 x Spirit on switch
    FortitudeDracs
    Ravenfrost x2
    Dungos
    Gores
    2 Warcry GC, 2 Mastery GC, rest lifers.

Leeching off Baal runs was a big part of their success. The number of levels gained is probably a huge amount.

5. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

There can only be one. A truly unique ammy indeed.

Way to disregard my whole post, fruitcake. We need char stats!

6. Zhao_Yue

This is off the top of my head and are estimates based on their default equipment.

Code:
    [B]Char		Main Dmg Type	PvP Dmg		Life		AR		Def[/B]
    Wolfbarb	Feral Rage	[email protected]		~5.5k		~10k		~27k
    Javazon	Charged Strike		[email protected]	~1.8k		N/A		~1k
    Blizzardess	Blizzard	~1.2k		~1.7k		N/A		~4k
    Zealot		Zeal		[email protected]	~3.1k		~10k		~21k
    Venomancer	Poison Nova	~1k		~1.8k		N/A		~1k
    Mageslayer	Dragon Talon	[email protected]	~2.0k		~12k		~2k
    Flaming Rab	Rabies		~4k		~4.3k		~18k		~2k

7. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

2Xspirits go with 2xhoto you have the itamz. more life more ar more def

8. Zhao_Yue

True. However the problem with having so many characters active is constant items swapping between them gets tedious and I don't optimize at times when I should.

9. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Congrats!

These threads are always good inspiration for my future builds and good way to see what works and what not without building gazilion testing chars :smiley:

Really impressive life on your Zealot, is that AR with Raven's and without Enchant? If so then you have some godly charms. My Zealot has 10k AR (Raven's, no Enchant), but only 2.8k life. And dmg, with DS counted in or not? Mine is somewhere around 6.4k (~1080 PvP) without DS.

Will there be 4th sept? It seems you are runing out of viable builds? :smiley:

10. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

*Thyiad strolls belatedly into the thread*

Nice work, again Zhao. :thumbsup: Keep posting these thread; one day I might steal an idea an actually try pvp. Good luck in the upcoming tourney. If you think you need it ... :laughing:

11. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Come on, don't be so shy. You know you want to build a PvP char, why resisting that temptation :smiley:

12. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

@ nex - because I am a bad loser. And if I took part in the trash talk, I would definitely be banned. (Is it true that sorceresses can't tele in pvp? I know there is a thread for LLD rules, what about the other sorts? For the pvp noobs here, GM/BM, yes I understand the acronyms but not the actual rules.)

13. nex

nex IncGamers Member

That's curable :smiley:

Yes, in most tournaments sorceresses cannot tele. GM rules you can see on first page of PvP thread, but alot of games nowdays are BM or anything goes (except potions, mass slow & overabsorb, look at this post http://forums.diabloii.net/showpost.php?p=4870965&postcount=1127 ). In most cases you can just join game and start teleporting around and spaming yor spell of choice :smiley:

14. Zhao_Yue

Double Raven with Highlander's and Enchant I believe. I keep thinking 15k AR but it's probably with Angelics.

That was final average damage, including the 68% deadly strike.

I'll probably run around with a half naked character, just to be original. :rolleyes: