Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thinking of switching to SP, some questions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TurinT, Aug 28, 2006.

1. TurinT

TurinT IncGamers Member

Thinking of switching to SP, some questions

Hi All,

As the title indicates, I have been giving alot of consideration to switching to SP after a couple years on the oh-so-not-tasty realms. I played extensively in 1.09, took a break through 1.10 and came back 6 months ago in 1.11 (NL). SP has some very interesting tournaments that I'd eventually be interested in participating in, and I'm just simply impressed by some of stuff that gets thought up here (Superdave's HC zon with only cracked items for example). I have a couple questions regarding SP item drops and world events.

Items: If I have read some of the threads correctly the mod RWM gives access to the Ladder only runewords. So with this mod are all the Ladder items and runewords available in SP?

World Events: It makes sense that the DClone event can't really exist in SP (kinda, not really important, I only saw DClone once on the realms). But what about Uber Tristram? Are there any plans to include the Ubers in SP? I ask because I really enjoyed this event, as it has been fun, rewarding and a challenge (no fancy-shmancy runewords to help a new player).

Thank you very much for your input :)

2. Ezeran

Ezeran IncGamers Member

Uber's aren't in single player, I was disapointed to find that out as well, and I have no idea if theres any plans to add them, though I hope so.

3. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

swich you know u want to lol, all item you can find on ladder can be found in single player with out a mod, the rwm mod lets you create ladder only runewords in sp.

and none of the world events work in sp and i dont think blizzard will include them. anyway you dont need the d clones ofr challange just join in the pvp games.

4. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Ladder Uniques are available to SP'ers Irregardless of mods. The staff responsible for the 1.10 patch saw it fit to do so as SP'ers cannot play "ladder".

Later on, however, the majority of Blizzard North got sacked and a different team is now responsible for updates and patches. These were the ones who introduced the second batch of 1.10 runewords. Unlike the previous team they were less sympathetic towards the SP'ers and thought of ladder content as an incentive to lure SP'ers onto Battle.net. A Battle.net player is apparantly preferable to a Single Player as they need their CD-key in order to play. (Remember, this is a day and age where no one trusts anyone).

Unfortunately for them (fortunate for us) they implemented the "lock" in a particularily bone-headed manner. Basically all Diablo 2's data files are organised in a manner very similar to an Excel spreadsheet and are easily modified by people with the right extraction tools. The way the new runewords were blocked from non-ladder players were with a special "realm" flag set. Set this flag to false and the runeword can be assembled Single Player.

The reason why the Runeword Mod is tolerated in the SPF is sort of an underhand resistance to Blizzards new policy of Bnet favouritism. After all there is no gameplay balance reason why we should not have access to these runewords (the fact that some of them are woefully unbalanced is another discussion).

Our stance regarding "Ãœber Tristram" is theoretically the same (though some are really leery at that Hellfire Torch). Unfortunately the Ãœber Tristram is, like all other quests" thoroughly hardcoded and would require a considerate code modification to "unlock".

There is in fact a mod out that does this. Unfortunately it does a lot of other things as well (infinite stash on character, reassign your skill and stat points, allow your merc to wear jewellery and accessories) and thus is not tolerated in the SPF.

The Diablo Clone can of course not be spawned in Single Player since the code that makes him spawn depends on a realmwide event (a certain amount of Stones of Jordan sold on the server). Even if you could sell Stones of Jordan in Single Player to coax him out there are no one here who legitly owns the amount of SoJ's required, and, frankly, we'd rather wear them.

5. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

yes there is a rwm mod, and no no Dclone or ubers, but you can still find the y keys (key of terror etc.) but you cannot do anything with them :p

6. Black Rat

Black Rat IncGamers Member

Looks like everything was pretty much explained..... i do suggest switching to single player though...... the people you meet here are much more mature and you can get honest easy answers to any of your questions without being taunted...... the community is the best part of SP!

7. TurinT

TurinT IncGamers Member

@ Indemaijinj - Thank you for the explanation on Runewords and the world events. I think you answered the point I was getting at... All of the game code still exists wether you play SP or realm.

You also mentioned a mod that can unlock the game code portion of Uber Tristram. If this mod simply unlocked Tristram, and did not contain the hacks, would that be acceptable in SP/SPF?

8. jantia

jantia Banned

I've read that the single player verison of Uber Tristram does not have the same AI as battl.net Ubers. It is also not acceptable to use them and MP/trade in the SPF. You however will not be banned if you use them, just don't expect to be able to MP or trade.

9. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Don't bother with that Uber Tristram mod. There was a video of a sorc in the sorc forum some time back, showing a sorc meleeing the Three with a dagger and merc. The Three were brainless, they spawned no minions, and it was far too easy. No challenge at all. And as stated by others, it has many other 'unsavoury' abilities.

Besides, I'm one of those people who is 'leery of those torches'. Too many +skills takes some of the challenge out of the game.

10. TurinT

TurinT IncGamers Member

I understand. I will leave the Ubers to rest. I think making runewords I didn't have access to on NL will make up for torches a little. But then again high runes are scarce and take much patience and runs to find. So why waste time! SP here I come!

Thanks for the info all! :smiley:

11. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

glad to hear now you just need to post an intro thread and you will be all set

12. Fists of Legend

Fists of Legend IncGamers Member

Alright, another person coming into the light.:thumbsup: Welcome to the forum. Like DD said, post an intro and horde all the cookies you can.