Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thinking about writing a guide

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by xpumafangx, Apr 7, 2004.

?

What's the most valuable quest reward to you?

Poll closed Aug 26, 2004.
  1. Larzuk: I can't get enough sockets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hellforge: I'd like to make a Chains of Honor someday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ancients: It's hard to beat millions of unpenalized XP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Countess: I like quicker rune running

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Izual: 2 skills/difficulty? Gimme!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Free Anya: Resistances are critical, and Anya actually gave me a good item once!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Golden Bird: Can always use more life, and some gold from selling a crappy ring

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Lam Esen's Tome: Gimme Vitality!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. None of these: None of the quests give you beer.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I blame Durf for not making Bliz include a beer quest!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Thinking about writing a guide

About a smealot/ranger. I have some questions about it be for I actly start writing.

1. Will there be a large need for it?
    2. Is there any one else that will be willing to help me test out my ideal/co write?

Realing I mean will there be a large need for this guide. There is alot of people making zealots, hammerdins, and vindy/templers. I do not see alot of smealots. But when I go dueling I do see alot of smealots. They just think they are a zealot. I want to make a guide that has a lasting impression on diabloii. So I only want to do this if I can get that end result.

I have done alot of the testing my self just from my exp from uswest. But by doing that I have only gotten half A _ _ _ D results. Just because I have not had a real chance to duel some of the godly players wile on bnet. I am a poor speller, but a good teacher. My last guide was a complete failer. Since then I have not wanted to write one from the fear of failing again. So yes I would love some help. If I do this again. I want to do it right. I did read garbald the weak guide of guides. And I am planing on going by that.

2. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

Write your build and they will come...

to critique it. Anyways, it's good to learn from constructive criticism.

3. Ragnarod

Ragnarod DiabloII.Net Pal

You can learn a lot from writing a guide, and improve your build when you get comments on it, I think it's a good thing to do, both for you and for the people that might be interested in playing this build, but don't really know how to build him to be effective

I'd say go for it, if you have the time :)

4. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

Might want to PM people to help you edit first before you try it, if you are having problems with spelling and stuff.

5. xpumafangx

I could just do endless hours of spell check. I am trying to say I would need more help with dueling people that actly know what they are doing. That in its self is a hard thing to find. In less I go with the people that are in my clan. I could go that route. But then again trying to organize any of them is like pulling hair with a fuzzy tweezer. Just aint gona happen.

6. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Never any harm in writing a guide. I don't even know what a smealot is so it would be interesting to find out and maybe try.

7. PuSs Says Go Time

PuSs Says Go Time IncGamers Member

puma if u need help w/ dueling and strategies lemme know i could help out on a few things. uswest nl acct name is fatalistic/gb.di0 . i do nothing except waste my time playing. i'll even make some builds to help the process

smitebarb>smitedin~

8. xpumafangx

Ok Puss I will look you up. I am hoping to be on latter tonight. Is that O0 a zero or a o? It looks like a zero to me. The one thing I realy have to test is guilded missle, slow missle, and tele vs a bonemanser. I know that I could just use a zon with enigma. Switch out a wf for a low damage bow. That in its self sould work.

9. PuSs Says Go Time

PuSs Says Go Time IncGamers Member

0 is a zero.
    i don't really play zons or necs but i do have a couple mules from .9 that i'll toss some gear onto for this. i should be on about midnight eastern time. so hope to hear from ya.
    also if u have any questions on smite/zeal build lemme know. i don't got one but i know enough helpful tips, but im in the process of making my first ladder char(smite/charge/hsranger) so try either fatalistic/ teh_puss i probably won't be on the gb acct.

10. xpumafangx

K it is hard for me to get online some times. I am not worryed about getting items right now tho.