thinking about septiverate, anything i should be aware of? <

BabyLink

Diabloii.Net Member
thinking about septiverate, anything i should be aware of?

Title is self explanatory. I will do it 1.11, RWM, hc,and as much untwinked as possible (I will only use atma to share my self-founded stock between my different characters).

I think one of my major problem will be the assasin part because i just hate playing them...:prop: so i would need advice on a build that's easy and fun...Also i will need build types for the six other classes and things i should avoid at all costs. Thx for any advice :smiley:

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member
Probably your best bet for untwinked:

Necro: Summoning
Assassin: Trapper FB/LS/DS
Druid: Windy or Summoner
Paladin: Frost Zealot, Tesladin, Hammerdin
Sorc: Any you like really FO/FB is the obvious one
Zon: Lightning/FA is good
Barb: Berserker, Frenzy

Don't go for builds which are too item dependent. The barb is probably hardest untwinked, if you are sharing gear I would recommend starting with the sorc and mfing for the other characters to give them a better chance of survival.

neumein

Diabloii.Net Member
A phoenix striker setup is fun, yet effective, and is achievable with so-so gear. You can handle immunities, and you can crowd control in the form of phoenix strike's third charge. Lovely stuff.

BabyLink

Diabloii.Net Member
here's what i had planned:

Amazon: Bow or Lightning
Assasin: ?
Necro: bone/summoning hybrid
Druid: Wind
Paladin: Frost Zealot
Sorc: Meteorb
Barb: ?

here's what you got, milb

my first idea was to build up a sorc, then MF, so i guess i should do this

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
here's what i had planned:

Amazon: Bow or Lightning
Assasin: ?
Necro: bone/summoning hybrid
Druid: Wind
Paladin: Frost Zealot
Sorc: Meteorb
Barb: ?

here's what you got, milb

my first idea was to build up a sorc, then MF, so i guess i should do this
yep, the sorc's a good place to start.

From what I hear, Bowazon's are somewhat weapon dependent, so if you don't find a good bow with your sorc, probably you should go with a javelin build (although, Nightfish has a very nice bow/java guide for HC - have a look in the stickies). Lightning Fury is a bad*ss skill that will quickly kill everything that isn't lightning-immune.

For a HC barbarian without great gear, I'd suspect a Concentrate barb would be your safest bet (although they're somewhat boring and slow). The huge defence from Shout + Concentrate + Iron Skin will make it very hard for enemies to hit you. Also, don't be scared to use your warcries (Taunt is a fantastic skill when combined with a cautious playstyle. I'd suspect that with proper use of grim-ward and warcry, you could be like a mini-necromancer that's packs a punch).

Otherwise:
- I haven't played enough Assasins or Druids to give a reasonable opinion on them.
- For necros, have a look at Nightfish's Fishymancer guide. They're so safe that many people find them boring, but that makes them especially good for HC. Whatever you eventually choose, don't forget to use your curses; nothing will keep you alive like properly used curses.
- Regarding Sorcs: Meteorb is a good choice, but as milb mentioned, just about anything will work (I even tried a melee based Charged-Bolt/Enchantress once, since they're both short range skills. It worked well enough for Matriarch, which is sad because it's really a broken build).

Diabloii.Net Member
A phoenix striker setup is fun, yet effective, and is achievable with so-so gear. You can handle immunities, and you can crowd control in the form of phoenix strike's third charge. Lovely stuff.
+1
+2
+3

What he said. Also , cloak of shadows and mind blast are very effective means of crowd control. Oh , and dont forget shadow master.

BabyLink

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah, i just came back from shcool, and i'm creating my sorc now...i just need a name...

edit: i found her name, it will be Circe (the daughter of the sun, for the ancient greek).

zarfen

Diabloii.Net Member
what a deep name, I would name her XxXSlayer_GuardianangelXxX1237 or something classy like that ;)
Seriously, trappers are very hard if you only solo, fireblast or what that little firebomb is named is a must, I recommend a martial art'sin for the sake of immune's, but most of all I recommend sorc first, then if you find something like AoKL its set, a necro it is! or if you find a windforce you will make a bower(maybe a strafer) or a titans you will make a javazon =)
post got twisted towards the end, but I think its understandable.
Good luck with finding the motivation to keep playing those characters =) especially if you decide what to do with them already, no creativity the next few years this task will take xD.
Gl and hf
~Peaceout

BabyLink

Diabloii.Net Member
what a deep name, I would name her XxXSlayer_GuardianangelXxX1237 or something classy like that ;)
well, i have XxBoneUrAssGGxX on closed, so XxXSlayer_GuardianangelXxX1237 would be a little too much :flip:

btw, i have see a unique fallen chaman, and he was immune to fire...damn it took me 3 tps to own him...