Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thinking about playing Single player, but asking for info first. d

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by derek06, Mar 11, 2004.

1. derek06

derek06 IncGamers Member

Thinking about playing Single player, but asking for info first.

Hey,
    I am Derek. I am thinking about playing single player. I need to know some things though. How can all of you have so many good items? I looked at the trading threads and everyone has GODLY items. Do yall consider player 2-8 cheating? I dont think it is. Do yall actually play the game through and not cheat ANY. with the use of ANY editors or anything? Im just kinda wanting to know how yall go about things on here. Well thanks for your time.

2. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF, and Single Player, hope you enjoy your stay :)

The FAQs stickied at the top have excellent information to help you out, but I'll try and answer your questions here.

People get their items by MF running high level places, alot. I think most of us here use the Players X setting, I play at Players 8 most the way through Normal and Nightmare personally, so its not considered a cheat. We play without the use of Editors, which are considered cheating, and without the use of any third person programs such as Maphack, we do however use ATMA which is a Muleing application and considered legit by this forum. Details of ATMA can be found in the stickied thread.

Hope that helps you out :)

edit : oh, and yes, we play the game through, people frequently make Matriach/Patriach threads to show off their latest completetion.

3. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I welcome you to the SPF! :thumbsup:

This is a totally legit community. The SPF frowns on any editors, cheats, and hacks. All those uber items you see in the trade threads are items that were earned through sheer determination of our wonderful magic finder members. If that is what you like then you have to come to the right place.

Also, the /players 1-8 is not considered cheating within the single player community. It is an in-game command that was given to single player, so we the player in single player could level up like people do on battle.net. :)

4. Cauthon

Cauthon IncGamers Member

Hi Derek,

Welcome to the SPF :wave:

People in here do have some great items; however, there are lots of us with next to nothing of any value. (points to self). Those players who are well-off are typically very good at playing this game and have invested the time and energy to do repeated runs to find their items. Lots of us use the various players settings to enhance the number of drops, which we don't consider a cheat since Blizzard brought it in specifically for us single player types.

For more information on how we do things and our beliefs, you probably want to check out all the FAQs that are in the one stickied thread up top here. They cover general tips in playing SP, how our trading works, and our views on the use of programs and other techniques that affect gameplay.

Anyways, nice to meet you and hope you stick around! We're a friendly bunch for the most part :teeth:

5. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

Players x command is accepted by everyone in this forum, but cheats or editors are not. No Duping or cheats are acceptable here.

As for the good items everyone has, is mainly from endless MF runs to Pindle, Baal, Pits etc. People trade with each other and a lot of us give items away to people starting out.

I encourage to play SP it's lots of fun as everyone here will tell you. Hope you stick around and join us.

Hey there's a food fight two posts up!

Takis (El_Greco)

6. derek06

derek06 IncGamers Member

thanks for the help guys

what are grail items? If i have a sorc and find something awesome for a zon would it be easy to find someone to trade items with?

7. XaviarGangrel

A Grail is a personal aim in the game, the most common being to collect every set and unique in the game. If you download ATMA you can keep all the items you find and cant/dont want to use in special Stash files, and trade them with people.

8. the_alphabetman

the_alphabetman IncGamers Member

I think MFing is easier in SP since you can keep a good map seed if you find one. It does seem like the people here are wealthier relative to the people who play on the realms. I recall posters on the bnet forums complaining about how a Shako is worth so much when I've found about 5 of them myself. I dunno.

The members here do not consider the use of the /players command to be cheating. We use a program called ATMA to mule items (see sticky). If you want to trade here, then we do expect the items to be legitimately found, as you found them with a non-hacked character using legit gear. Otherwise, if you want to use an editor, then that's your business. Keep in mind that discussing editors/hacks are not allowed here though.

9. derek06

derek06 IncGamers Member

you guys rock

Hey,Geuss what? ATMA is downloading and im trying to decide what kind of sorc i want so i can run hell meph till my eyeballs start bleeding :) anyone have any ideas on what kind of sorc to use?

10. XaviarGangrel

I dont do much Sorc stuff, but I believe a good build is Frozen Orb/Meteor user. There are also a few Enchantresses kicking around.

11. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums :)

I think I speak for everyone when I say that no one here thinks players 8 is cheating, basically everyone of us uses it (sorry for the possible exceptions, though I don't know of any) :)

Like said, we all frown upon all cheating and generally most of the guys you see with huge item lists up for trade have been playing the game for a long time, though with the increased drops in 1.10 and ease of MF:ing with the pits it's really not that hard to gather up some uber items :)

12. Cauthon

Cauthon IncGamers Member

The Meteor/FO sorc is a standard build; I believe it is referenced in the build lists located in the stickies.

13. derek06

derek06 IncGamers Member

players8 or players 8 ??

14. TraxisX

TraxisX IncGamers Member

The command is /players n (where n is 1-8)

Some other useful commands are: /fps and /nopickup

15. Cauthon

Cauthon IncGamers Member

/players8, I believe. If I had the game open in front of me, I would remember exactly how to do it without thinking, but ask me out of context and suddenly my brain stops working.

the "/" is not a typo, but necessary for all in-game commands.

16. derek06

derek06 IncGamers Member

I got it figured out im gonna create a MF BARB

17. Shalakshmiyin

Shalakshmiyin IncGamers Member

Congratulations, Derek, and welcome to the SPF! :D

No doubt you've already read the FAQ and whatnot, not to mention many of your questions have already been answered by some of the more eloquent members of the forum; regardless, I welcome you all the same. Feel free to have a drink on me at the forum bar, also known as the EMB.

An MF barb, eh? Good luck! :D I haven't personally had much luck with barbs in 1.10, but I'm just barely getting a hang of things, when it comes to play style, so I wouldn't be one to ask. However, if you'd like some decent starting equipment, you can hop over to the Giveaway thread or PM me--I've got loads of Barb stuff, as it used to be my favorite class. MF barbs can be fun (and they certainly have the strength to tote around some of the better (yet heavier) MF equipment, but don't neglect your resists--as you have already learned, no doubt, resists are PRICELESS in the later stages.

As for the "players X" command...I don't believe it matters whether there's a space between "players" and "X" ("X" being a number between one and eight), but the slash before "players" is required--no space between them.

Just my two cents. Again, welcome, and may you enjoy your stay here! :D

(Oh, and if you ever miss the joys of MP, don't worry--we've got that covered, too. Check the MP games thread, should be stickied at the top of the page. Loads of cool folks to play with. :D)

TwoPaws,
    Shalakshmiyin

18. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

welcome to the SPF. :howdy:

I currently have a soon-to-be pit runner MF Barb in Act 5 normal right now decked out in lots of free stuff people in the forum have generously donated. If you ever need anything, just ask, this is the place to get it.

19. Disco-neck Ted

Disco-neck Ted The Dark Library

Welcome aboard.

The "playersX" command is different depending on the version you are playing (which I assume is 1.10). PlayersX was not available in 1.07, could be accessed in 1.09 by typing either "playersx" or "players x" (where x is the number) and in 1.10 is implemented by entering "/players x" with the slash mandatory.

Hope that helps, especially if you are thinking of playing any of the other versions. Oh, and its not seen as cheating in SP simply because it emulates something availble on .bnet where anyone can simply join a multiplayer game.

Edit: sorry if any of that is tmi or redundant.

20. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

note also re: /players x that in 1.09, there is no onscreen confirmation. the only way you know is when monsters start to get tougher/easier. in 1.10 you will get a confirmation message: "players is set to 8"

also note that the new setting only affects unspawned monsters. anything already spawned stays at the original level.
    I'm not 100% but I believe all the monsters in a prticular level/area spawn at the same time, so once you enter an area, it's too late to change the player setting for that area.

also note, as I discovered recently, that the game will remember yor player setting unless you completely shut the game down (say you are playing in Normal level at /players 8 then decide to switch characters and play in Hell act 1, you will still be at /players 8)