Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

thinking about making a rabies druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Lazy_BerZerker, May 14, 2005.

1. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

thinking about making a rabies druid

I was thinking about making a rabies druid, only versus melee chars, only using 62 skill points... So I guess I'll go 20 rabies, 20 lycantrophy, 1 werefrom, 1 feral rage, 20 oak sage. Then I would use level 21 poison creeper charges.
    Equipment:
    jalal's
    mara's
    6 shaled phase blade
    Bramble
    Orphan's shield (Eld)
    Trang-Oul's gloves
    Carrion Wind
    Verdungos
    Ravenfrost
    Gore Riders
    Kein anni :p

With this setup I would have level 26 Rabies, now I had planned to use 5 1+ shape shifter GC, this would provide a level 31 Rabies.

So the damage would be 14k * 1,85 = 25,9k over 16 seconds

In pvp this would be 25,9k/(16*4*6) = 67 damage per second :-\ and including OW I don't think it will much more than 120 or so?? That's very low if you ask me. I can't see how this guy should be able to beat a WW barb with that pathetic damage :(

Now if I included some poison damage sc I think the damage could go way up, but that would be to expensive, besides it would also be boring :p so anything I can do to make this guy viable, without adding a wild amount of poison sc?

2. ChthonVII

ChthonVII IncGamers Member

I believe you neglected to factor in bramble in your calcualtions. Also, poison facets would be a VERY nice addition to this build, especially because minus-resist is bugged for poison, increasing both rate and duration.
    The speed of the 6-shael phase blade is wasted b/c you only need to hit your enemy once. Why not use a plague bearer (up-ed if you can get it) for a massive plus to rabies or even death's web for +2 skills and HUGE minus poison resist.
    Finally, you need one point in raven to take that last hp off in style.

3. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

Bramble 60%
    Trang oul 25%
    25+60 = 85 :p

Well couldn't you explain further what you mean by -poison res being bugged?

Hehe nice idea with raven :p

Reason for phase blade is that I'll need to hit fast if I want to land hits at all. E.g. a barb is ww through me in wolf form. He hits me with 6 hits pr. sec, and the same do I, so we have both a good chance of hitting, now if I only hit with 3 hits pr. sec, then I'll only hit him 50% of the time of before which might be 0 times in stead of 1 :(

4. Wrathchild

Wrathchild IncGamers Member

rabies kills till the end, i.e it doesnt stop in 1 hp.
    anyways rabies isn't a real barb killer, more of a magekiller. for sorcs get a 6 shael giant thresher for 5 range and 4 frame attack, and lots of frw. if played right rabies druids can devastate sorcs.

5. ChthonVII

ChthonVII IncGamers Member

poison damage actually consists of a rate (damage per frame) and a duration (number of frames spent poisoned), this we all know. Because somebody at blizzard can't do math very well, -X% poison resist will increase the rate by X% (presuming they aren't at -100% resist) AND increase the duration by X%. Oops! Anyway, the result is an absurd boost in total damage.

Wrathchild, are you sure you don't have another source of non-poison damage active, like maybe open wounds?

6. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

Well he was intended as versus melee chars ;) What is the best druid build versus ww barbs then?

7. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

spamming

spamming :rolleyes:

8. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Dont use plague bearer, even with a shaeled one it takes ages to hit with it since is sooo slow, you are continuosly being interrupted and getting hit very often. I talk from my own experience. You wanna a nasty fast hit and retreat. Also, if using carrion, I suggest to invest points in wereform when all the rest is maxed (I wouldnt max oak, it dies so easy, either way up to you), it will boost your ar, very usefull vs most melee chars since they tend to have high def. Your AR should be around 27k (use angelics). Also get deaths wand on swich, faceted, and if you can afford it, a 4 facets shield too, to do the trick. Use bramble and summon grizzly. and 10 shape skillers are very importatn too, even plains ones.

I wish you the best bites.

fer

9. Wrathchild

Wrathchild IncGamers Member

well, ow doesnt kill the last 1 hp either... rabies is a kind of infection, with the orange swirlies around you. Its the infection that causes the dmg, therefore it finishes off the last hp aswell

10. Sledge

Sledge IncGamers Member

4 shael + 2 ias will be enough for the pblade :cool: