Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thinking about cruising.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by wuffnuff, Nov 10, 2006.

1. wuffnuff

wuffnuff IncGamers Member

Thinking about cruising.

So I am thinking about surprising my boyfriend with a cruise for his birthday. It is seven days going between several of the Hawaiian islands. I have never been on a cruise so I am not sure what to expect. The cruise seems to offer a lot; movie theater, games, dance clubs, pools, parties and Vegas style shows. The also have trips inland than can be taken at each port, though that is a seperate cost. All the meals are included. From what I understand the crew also has planned events as well.

Has anyone here been on a cruise? What was your impression of it?

2. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

My wife and I cruise nearly every year. It is our favorite method of vacationing. While we've never gone to Hawaii, it is one of the places we plan to cruise to in the future.

Cruises are very fun, the food is excellent, it's like being in a floating 5 star hotel. You're waited on hand and foot. I highly recommend them.

3. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

4. wuffnuff

You know Durf, it is just a tad scary you remember a two page thread from like 3 months ago. *g* thanks for the link.

Thank you to Bortaz for your input. Have you used several cruise lines or stuck to one?

Comparing the costs of the flights, hotel stay, food and island hopping via commuter plane, the cruise was definately less costly. I am still kicking it around, but I will be probably placing the reservations next week.

5. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

I was going to advise you to make the purveyor in question confirm that they are not a cop first - because they have to tell you if they are - but I see I misunderstood.

6. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

I've used Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Princess Cruise Lines. Princess is upscale, RC is nice (middle-of-the-scale, or bottom tier high class), and Carnival is more "fun ship" themed, geared for younger crowds. (More of a party atmosphere)

7. wuffnuff

I will have to check those out too. The one I have been looking at is with Norwegian. Have you heard anything about them? If their customer service line is any indication it should be a pleasant experience.

8. wuffnuff

*g* Someone has a dirty mind, but then again, thats one of the things I like about you.

:grin: Anyhow back in my cruising days I never had to pay for it.

9. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

Norwegian Cruise Lines is an upscale line as well. A lot of their cruises are transcontinental and Alaskan, iirc. When we go to Alaska, that's probably the line we'll use.

The Cruise Critic is an excellent site for reading up on what the various lines have to offer. You can also often find reviews by people who have taken the cruise/sailed on the ship you're about to sail on.

10. wuffnuff

I heard Alaska is absolutley beautiful. You will have to tell us about it when you go there.

Thanks again for the info. :smiley: