Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thinking about building a amazon

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dudzy, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Dudzy

Dudzy Diabloii.Net Member

Thinking about building a amazon

Yep, im ready for a new char already. My necro is cool, but i wanna get back to questing. Im leaning more to a bowazon but im looking into advice on if i would be better of with something else. Thanks

2. YoungDbl

YoungDbl Diabloii.Net Member

Well it depends what do you want to do with this amazon? Plague javalin and lightning fury can be fun. Also a strafe zon. Or there could be one based on the freezing arrow skill. It all depends..

3. Dudzy

Sorry, kinda dumb not to tell what im after.

Im looking more for a build that is fun to play but can also mf if i want to. Think that sums it up.

4. YoungDbl

YoungDbl Diabloii.Net Member

Build a lf/pj if you want to run cows. Or freezing arrow and lf to run wsk. Or pure strafe and freezing if you want to run pits.

5. noobintraining

noobintraining Banned

Hi Dudzy,

YoungDbl is right, LF/PJ amazons are a blast and are quite good for doing MF runs.

LF/PJ amazons are not a great choice for doing boss runs, in my experience. They're amazing at mowing down large numbers of normal enemies, but not against a single boss with a lot of hit points. (At the end of NM difficulty, with a character level of 75, I decided to run NM Mephisto...no deal, he takes too long to kill...but this could be due to my generally bad equipment.)

But her prowess in the Secret Cow level is legendary indeed! Run around a bit to attract a lot of those Hell Bovines until the screen is full of them. A few seconds later and they're all dead.

One of the best things about this build is that it is not very gear-dependant, (at least, not until Hell difficulty) since you'll be using skills to kill and not your weapon. Heck, you can play through the entire game using a normal javelin.

6. Jude

Jude Diabloii.Net Member

My 2¢: My only character to get to Nightmare (so far) relied a lot on Freezing Arrow...

Jude

7. Ugla

Ugla Diabloii.Net Member

Good choice, Dudzy, amazons are cool :cool:
    They are probably the only class capable of dealing decent damage of any available type; they particularly excel in lightning and physical. Moreover, they can easily combine more types together without extensive demands on gear. They also posses one of the strongest allies in the game, the Valkyrie, which potentially gives you big freedom in merc choice and play-style. Finally, they are easy to manage, and thanks to all the above, stay pretty safe going hardcore untwinked.

There are lots of options of how to play a zon. Unfortunately, all melee builds severely suffer from the "miss" bug. Whenever any of her evasion skills is activated (Dodge, Avoid, Evade), she consequently misses with any of her attacks. Ironically, there is no reasonable way, but to ignore those one point wonders with a melee zon.

I don't share the others enthusiasm for her poison skills. They are too slow as primary killers and too expensive as a backup. In addition to those 40 skill-points, she needs some more in pierce (these, of course, apply to the other ranged skills as well).

On the other hand, CS/LF represents the most powerful single element combo the game has to offer, and can be fully synergized to forge a fearsome Baal-runer (pure lightning javazon). The 1 point in Jab and LR wand on switch serve as a backup. Different Bow&X-bow skills (Strafe, MA, FA) can be used instead to obtain more versatile builds.

The LF/PJ combo gets stuck facing Gloam-type monsters, which are common in act4 and act5 areas. Also certain skeletons, which spawn e.g. at WSK2, share these two immunities.

Various Magezon builds using Valkyrie combined with elemental attacks are generally safe, especially the cold variant, but require a good number of +skills to get a bit more powerful.

The physical attacks can be useful even with lower skill-point investment (linear growth), depend more on the equipment, and require some points in penetrate to maintain good AR. With top-end items and heavy investment in Dexterity and Critical Strike both major builds (MS, Strafe) grow amazingly strong and can rival the other classes in Act1 area running.

The number of choices is large, pick the right one :wink3:

Ugla

8. Deaddave

Deaddave Diabloii.Net Member

now i cant recomend to you my fave ammazon build, the fishyzon (do some searches for it nightfish wrote a nice guide on it. using lightning fury and freezing arrow=owanage. the great thing is that ars not an issue and with the lf part all you need is a set of self repearing javlins (which can be eayly shopped for). this build can handle worldstone keep, baal, pindle (works great with a decoy) and pits making it a brilliant mf build and great fun (with half decent gear you will be cheaking its on players 8 when in nightmare lol) i often thought it was p1 when i had it said to p8 cos i was killing so quickly

9. Serdash

Serdash Diabloii.Net Member

I think this might be a good start.

10. Dudzy

Thanks guys im going to start my zon today and im leaning towards nightfishs guide as its more centric on magic finding. Looks like it will be alot of fun also and im really happy with how he writes guides as my skellymancer was just built off his guide and its at 84 and going strong.

11. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I am having fun with this one if you have the bow.

12. Dudzy

Dont have the bow, but that looks like it would be a interesting build to play. Might be a good one after my grail grows some.

13. Zutumbal

Zutumbal Banned

Well personally if you want a fun build take a look at a WWS zon, that bow is great and gets awesome killing speed specially when you can up it. But for WSK runs and fun build go for a FA/strafe, and my javazon favorite is a LF/CS zon. But i might make a LF/PJ zon in the near future.