Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thinking about a Fireblast Sin, need help

Discussion in 'PvP' started by saellison, May 14, 2008.

1. saellison

saellison IncGamers Member

Thinking about a Fireblast Sin, need help

I am thinking about making a claw/claw Fire Blast/Trap assassin. It looks like alot of fun teleing on top of people and fire blasting them. Heres the skill layout I was looking at:

enough in clawblock for 60ish% and 1 reqs
    1 burst of speed
    1 fade
    1 MB and reqs
    1 wake of fire
    20 Fire Blast
    20 Shock Web
    20 LS
    20 CS
    rest into Death Sentry

I was fooling around on an editor and I ended up with like 9k-10k traps and 6kish fireblast with the set-up I am looking at using. I had planned on using 2 +3 trap or +5 trap claws. Of course that was with perfect gear. The numbers seem like they would work out. Even though the traps are strong I want to focus on fire blast tele stomping. I had a couple other questions though for anyone who knows the mechanics of fire blast.

- Is Fireblast decent at stunning if you telestomp with it?
    - Is Fireblasting an effective tactic in PvP?
    - I would assume MB then FB stomp would lock fairly well?
    - This is a rahter specific question but i'll ask it anyways. How well would a MB+telestomp with shockweb followed by fireblast work?
    - Would a Wep/Shield set work better than Claw/Claw? Like a Hoto/Spirit sword with a storm for maxblock.

2. jakotaco

jakotaco IncGamers Member

Re: Thinking about a Fireblast Sin, need help

Shock Web has a 25 frame nexthit Delay and would probably be beneficial to most enemies. Else, afaik there is a guie in the stickies on the so called "Bombasin" or somehting, might be worth a look.

edit: another cool thing is that a shadow warrior can get fireblasts with all it's synergies if you manage to make her cast them before.

3. TienJe

TienJe IncGamers Member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xSnZgbYON1A

mine is a fire/fb build, but ls/fb builds work just fine as well.

EDIT: http://youtube.com/watch?v=f8ofeLmira4&feature=related <-- andrews sin with the same build

4. wizAdept

wizAdept IncGamers Member

Some old footage of my LS/FB sin in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwsyAW7jqew

Spirit phase blade/stormshield 102fcr/86fhr build comes out to 10k ls/7.5k fb at level 99 (1 fade 1 shadowmaster 1 mb 20 fb 80 ls = all your skill points) with 2x facets in circlet. In that vid I was using res jewels in circlet/ss so thats 10k ls/6.8k fb in the vid. Also to note this is on a priv realm with optimized gear so it comes out to 4.3k hp maxblock, on bnet at ~levels 90-95 you should be looking at a 3.8-4k hp maxblock build with this same type of setup. 08valk setups are also very good for bnet, lower damage higher hp.

I recommend maxing LS/synergies first for the 10k ls and work fb from there, should be ~4k or more fb once you get over level 90, that should be enough to pk. Part of what makes fb so deadly is it's also a great tool to stunlock while LS adds to the damage, not just for stomping casters outside traps.

"c/c or w/s" really depends on who you want to duel more, obviously a 102 c/c 8.5k fb build is better vs some casters than a 102 w/s 7.5k fb build. However you can't dare to fb smiters or barbs on a c/c build but its fairly safe to do so on w/s, stomping bowazons is also easier on w/s, necros, sorcs, nongriefing hammerdins, and other such casters are easier with a c/c build. Both builds viable just depends what kind of build you want for which types of opponents you are looking to duel.

5. saellison

saellison IncGamers Member

I remember seeing that vid along time ago. Thats exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I have to decide between w/s or c/c. I will probably build in maxblock with the storm for dealing with smiters/barbs/zons. I was messign around with a 102 FCR c/c build on open and was able to effectively lock alot of casters. I have another question:

It seems like FB is based off IAS like traps. If it is are the breakpoints the same for FB as they are for traps?

6. TienJe

TienJe IncGamers Member

.correcto.

7. KamikazeDreamer

KamikazeDreamer IncGamers Member

I'm definately doing this, but I have a few questions.

1.) I couldn't see in the vid, are you running fade of Bos? I'm looking at the ias calc and it seems nearly impossible to hit 9frame traps with a spirit pb/ss, while maintaining 102fcr, without BoS.
    2.) Any particular reason you swith to FB on right click when you have it on left?
    3.) Also, how/when are you using psy hammer over mb?
    4.) a more detailed run down on your gear would be awesome. I'm working on gearing mine up right now and have a few places I'm not sure what's best.

Thanks

8. wizAdept

1 - using fade vs blizz sorc. need 42+ ias to fade with spirit pb. I use 3x 15res/15ias jewels to do this, 2 in circlet, 1 in stormshield. Normal equipping is a circlet with 2x facets, and ber'd stormshield, using the BoS setup for pretty much every matchup aside blizzard sorcs or if I need to get rid of amp in teams. The traditional way shell sins faded on east was to use a 15/15'd 08 valk, you can also fade with 15/15 valk + shael'd wizardspike if you want more resist stack with a valk setup.
    2 - I dont use leftclick aside from walking, reason I like fb on rightclick is I can chain easy, stomp with rightclick tele, namelock rightclick fb, and I can mb/trap/tele back on them without losing that rightclick namelock if they get away.
    3 - psychic hammer autotargets like foh or dflight, this has some uses for offscreen stun, or a quick stun when I dont have a namelock, or just to throw the opponent off. Always mindblast over ph when you can get a namelock but ph has its uses in duels.|
    4 - TienJe has a pretty nice writeup on w/s trappers here: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=660248

Gear that I used on asnpk:
    spirit pb/ber'd ss
    enigma/arach/magefists/wbands(tri res/fhr/frw/str boots)
    ravenfrost/bk (swap bk for wisp or dwarf if you need)
    2x facet 2/20fcr/20dex/frw/res/+ circlet
    2sin/10fcr/10%increased block/20dex/+ safty craft amulet

1x trap/fhr, 8x trap/hp, 2x 7015, rest 520s

This comes out to 102fcr/86fhr, max resists on BoS, 75% block, more than 4k hp, 50dr, 10k ls damage, 7.5k fb damage @ level 99
    Fireblast should be the last thing you max out if you are building this on bnet, you'll have more than 4k fb damage when you get ~level 90, which is more than enough to start pking players with it. Remember its also a very effective source of stun so you want to try to stun players with it so they take more damage from your Light Sentry.

Having a ring slot open for bk or sorb is a good idea although you could do something like circlet/raven/ fcr stat ring/ shide if you want to save on the stats and have higher hp on a bnet build, but then you lose your sorb option. Valk solves a lot of breakpoints but +2 skills make a circlet the better choice for higher budgets, since w/s sins lack the +skills a c/c build could get.

The traditional shell build (ls/fb w/s) as developed by ghost-shell a number of years ago on east was:
    spirit pb/ -req/res ss
    15/15ias 08 valk
    enigma/mfists/arach/vtramples
    shide/raven/bk

9. KamikazeDreamer

KamikazeDreamer IncGamers Member

So if I don't have a 2os circ as of yet (have a 1os) am I all right as long as I don't mess with blizz sorcs because I can BoS? This will be on bnet, assuming I can find a spirit pb on EaScNl... I should be able to scrape together enough res scs to do decent. Thanks for the help.

10. wizAdept

Yeah w/s sins do fine on BoS for pretty much all duels 1v1. You hit trap bps fine without needing ias, only thing is when a blizz sorc comes in, or foher, or auradin, or you want to get rid of amp in teams, having a swap setup in your stash to fade is a good idea. You dont need to fade otherwise though, ber'd SS is 50 dr with enigma and you should have enough resists on BoS for all other opponents.